The Closer

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:58 pm
[quote:163a4c662f]In her first lead role in a dramatic series, Sedgwick plays a CIA-trained, Atlanta detective who has been brought to Los Angeles to head up the Priority Murder Squad, a special unit of the LAPD that handles sensitive, high-profile murder cases. Brenda is tapped to lead the team because she is a world-class interrogator, and when it comes to obtaining confessions, she is a closer. As the series' first episode opens, Brenda arrives in Los Angeles and immediately finds herself thrust into a very different way of life. She struggles to leave past demons behind her while dealing with co-workers who resent the fact that she leap-frogged over many veteran cops to the elevated position of Deputy Police Chief. Her quirky personality and hard-nosed approach to her job immediately rub her colleagues the wrong way, as does the fact that she is a tough-minded, Southern woman in a department dominated by men. Though focused on her career, she's also trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to overcome her love of doughnuts, chocolate bars and other snacks and reignite a personal life that has fallen by the wayside.

On the job, Brenda has a great talent for knowing a person's secrets and obtaining confessions, with skills that stem from understanding her own imperfections and neuroses. She does whatever it takes to find out the truth, no matter what the personal costs. Though she finds some support from her boss, Assistant Police Chief Will Pope, played by J.K. Simmons (Spider-Man, Law & Order, Oz), for the most part she must fend for herself in a hostile work environment.

In the pilot, Brenda is called upon to investigate the murder at the home of a multi-millionaire computer company executive. Brenda doggedly pursues leads in her case, eventually focusing on what may be a love affair gone wrong. When forensic evidence uncovers the truth about the victim's mysterious past, Brenda puts her skills to the test and proves to her critics that she is indeed the right woman for the job.

THE CLOSER co-stars Corey Reynolds (The Terminal, Tony nominee for Hairspray) as Sgt. David Gabriel, Johnson's right-hand man; Robert Gossett (Arlington Road, The Net) as Captain Taylor, head of the robbery homicide division; G.W. Bailey (M*A*S*H, St. Elsewhere) as Detective Lt. Provenza; Jon Tenney (You Can Count on Me, Get Real) as FBI Agent Fritz Howard, a close friend of Johnson's now living in L.A.; Tony Denison (Melrose Place, The Amy Fisher Story) as Detective Andy Flynn; Raymond Cruz (Collateral Damage, Training Day) as Detective Julio Sanchez; Michael Paul Chan (Robbery Homicide Division, The Insider) as Detective Mike Tao; and Gina Ravera (The Temptations, Soul Food) as Detective Irene Daniels. [/quote:163a4c662f]

from the offical website. http://alt.tnt.tv/tntoriginals/closer/

starts this month on channel nine, check your local guide.

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 5,520.70
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:16 pm
Hey

I usually just give the news and reserve opinion but I can't hold back on this one. This is the most anticipated series of the year. Looks great.

AARON
Logie Nominee
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:43 am
I can't wait for this show. It looks great. I've been resisting the urge to download it, so I hope they stop saying "coming soon" and just hurry up & show it!!!
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:00 pm
i not quite sure, but i think the ad said the 16th of oct.
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:09 pm
[quote:f47c2ea8d4="bytchzy"]i not quite sure, but i think the ad said the 16th of oct.[/quote:f47c2ea8d4]

Yes, 16th of October at 9.30pm after new eps of CSI.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:08 pm
well guys what did ya think?

i loved it! i always love a woman in power..

though i kinda knew what was the twist, when they couldnt find the missing man fingerprints.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:49 pm
i really liked last night's episode. I was amazed by how she was able to solve that case and how she didnt listen to those idiots who tried to get rid of her.

I only hope that channel 9 dont decide to take it off after 3 or 4 episodes.
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:16 pm
I really liked it. Probably is a really good depiction to what happens to women in jobs where the majority of people are men.

Got a bit peeved at the other woman in the team...hardly said anything. But I supposed the characters will get more developed later on.

Loved the fact that she has a thing for the doughnuts and chocolate.
[imge8]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/funkyf/smallshows.gif[/imge8]
Logie Winner
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:24 am
liked last night's episode but hated because it was in black and white cause of channel nine.. yup, good to see women power!!
Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,679.80
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:05 am
Not a bad show. My wife figured out the twist about 5 minutes into the show.
There are two theories about how to win an argument with a woman. Neither one works.
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies