Living With Fran

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,674.60
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:52 pm
This is a thread for Fran Dreschers new show - [b:71bc24eb78]Living With Fran[/b:71bc24eb78].

It should premiere in Australia soon, most likely on 9.

[quote:71bc24eb78]With two Emmy nominations, two Golden Globe nominations and an American Comedy Award nomination to her credit, Fran Drescher is a comedy superstar in every sense of the word. Beloved by television audiences for her starring role in the long-running comedy hit, The Nanny, Drescher is also an accomplished film and stage actress and a best-selling author who shares the compelling personal story of her triumph over cancer in her book, "Cancer, Schmancer."

Now, Drescher returns to television in a brand new series, Living With Fran. With a starting point similar to the network's hit comedy, Reba, Living With Fran revolves around a woman who has come to a crossroads and is starting to enjoy the new direction her life has taken. The incomparable Ms. Drescher stars as Fran Reeves, a divorcée who has found Riley (Ryan McPartlin, Passions), her wonderful, gorgeous - and yes, young - mid-twenties boyfriend. Their relationship is complicated by the fact that they are sharing a home with Fran's 21-year-old son, Josh (newcomer Ben Feldman), and 15-year-old daughter, Allison (Misti Traya, Huff), but Fran isn't complaining. Her new household may be non-traditional, but as she watches her old life intersect with her new one, Fran is sure this is right where she's supposed to be.

Fran was surprised when Josh cracked under the pressure of medical school and dropped out, but she welcomed him back into her new life. From Josh's point of view, the sweet but self-doubting mom he used to know has blossomed into a self-confident, free-spirited, emancipated woman with a growing career as an interior designer and, even more shocking, a handsome young boyfriend. The return of her "Boomerang Generation" son is challenging for Fran, but it makes her realize how much her life has changed - for the better.

Because this unusual family is still trying to figure each other out, they are destined to face some highly uncomfortable events, such as an unexpected visit from Riley's parents (guest stars Marilu Henner, Taxi, and John Schneider, Smallville) and the return of Fran's ex-husband (guest star Charles Shaughnessy, Ms. Drescher's former co-star on The Nanny). Fran will also meet several of Riley's friends and face their reactions to the relationship. Everywhere they turn, Fran and Riley will have to deal with other people's attitudes and assumptions about their new domestic situation, and it will take all the humor, patience and affection they can manage to make this family work.

Living With Fran is from Regency Television with executive producers Bob Myer, Jamie Kennedy and Fran Drescher and co-executive producers David Garrett & Jason Ward, Tim Kelleher and Frank Lombardi[/quote:71bc24eb78]

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 5,520.70
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:28 am
Hey

This is a Channel 7 show. It was recently scheduled for 11am weekdays but then pulled for repeats of My Wife and Kids.

It will probably turn up on Seven in summer.

AARON
Cash on hand: 57.50
Bank: 2,585,855.90
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:01 am
Hmm living with Fran... Win will love this show I reckon!
I don't some how see myself watching it but I might watch an episode to see how it is.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Please Check out my blog thank you :) http://heartbloodbound.wordpress.com/

Home and Away Star
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:06 pm
[quote:890d52841f="aryan3"]Hey

This is a Channel 7 show. It was recently scheduled for 11am weekdays but then pulled for repeats of My Wife and Kids.

It will probably turn up on Seven in summer.

AARON[/quote:890d52841f]

I hope it does come on in summer. I really want to see what the show is like...hopefully as good as the Nanny
[img9a]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/jarrod13/Willandgrace2.jpg[/img9a]

News Anchor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:15 pm
On Channel 7 :roll:

i wanted it to be on Channel 9 or 10

i can't wait to see this show hopefully 11am weekdays in Summer :D
Cash on hand: 882.50
Bank: 3,905,233.20
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:25 pm
Why on 9 - they'd probably axe it and chuck it on their pile of unaird shows that will most likely never see the light of day.
Hollywood Legend
Cash on hand: 2,155.80
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:20 pm
Agreed ryaneco - Channel Nine have the [i:035e0cb952]worst[/i:035e0cb952] reputation at the moment. I wouldn't want my favourite show belonging to them, for fear that it probably wouldn't last very long, or be given a fair shot. :lol:
Survivor Contestant
Cash on hand: 12.50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:36 pm
I don't think 'Living With Fran' is going too well in the US (and that is really saying something as all sitcoms on the WB channel are coming last in the ratings - even the wrestling on UPN is beating them!). I just read that the WB network has changed their schedule of four of the six nights they televise programs. 'Living With Fran' has been taken off and put into 'hiatus'.
Cash on hand: 302.60
Bank: 2,763,819.00
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:04 pm
:shrug:
Last edited by OJ on Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian Film Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:04 pm
i don't live in the country anymore OJ i live back in Perth! i thought i told you :thinking:
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies