Once And Again

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:28 am
this post is mostly for mook-e, who probably already know anyway, but the brilliant Once and Again is coming to an end on WED 19th MAR at 2.00pm.

It is the series finale of the series, that was cut after the 3rd season due to ratings failure in the US despite critical acclaim and a sawg of Emmy wins a few years back.

The series has been delayed, like most brilliant programming on television, and its only recently that i realised it was back on weekday afternoons. Damn channel 7 to not even warn me... i dispise them more with every passing day. Well, I do commend them for at least carry the series through to the end, unlike Felicity for which we are still waiting for the last episodes to screen!

Well, just giving people the heads up that the show is on its last three days as of monday so if people want to catch the show before it is more the likely never seen again... unless it appear on cable!
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:31 pm
Yes I know - another great show bites the dust :cry: ......jason did you miss my Once & Again posting back in November about its move to 2pm weekdays on 7?

I have been watching religiously during its 2pm screenings. There have been really good epis of late, with some great guest cast like Eric Stoltz & Ally Sheedy. Am definately gonna miss this show - big fan of Sela Ward & her old show 'Sisters' & this show is not dissimilar from that series.

I'll be there at 2pm tomorrow watching the final episode - have been taping the past few as I did with Roswell just to help ease the pain :) Although I'm starting to come to peace with its end cos I wonder what another season would have been like & I think we're leaving at a good time when everything is just kicking off for them. But I wouldn't be sad if there was a spin-off show that continued on with a couple of the characters......say the 4 kids [& Jesse's friend] could take off & be their own party of 5 :D - u gotta dream.
Last edited by mook-e on Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:39 pm
[quote:4c9acaca0e="jason166"]Well, I do commend them for at least carry the series through to the end, unlike Felicity for which we are still waiting for the last episodes to screen![/quote:4c9acaca0e]

They did screen the end of Felicity - like a couple months back at some rediculous time like 11pm. They were scattered but they were aired! I'm a big fan of that series too so I remember.

Meanwhile what are 7 replacing Once & Again with? Gideon's Crossing that they had ditched at 3am for a while there letting the show die quietly - not much of a fan of the show but it does deserve to be screened.....especially when considering what 7 could have put on like Home & Away the old days :shock:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:06 am
[quote:d0d7a444a7="mook-e"]Yes I know - another great show bites the dust :cry: ......jason did you miss my Once & Again posting back in November about its move to 2pm weekdays on 7?[/quote:d0d7a444a7]

After I posted the first message, I found your message from November and started kicking myself! But then, I was finishing up year 12 at that time so maybe that is why I missed it. Quite upset about that really...

[quote:d0d7a444a7="mook-e"]I have been watching religiously during its 2pm screenings. There have been really good epis of late, with some great guest cast like Eric Stoltz & Ally Sheedy. [/quote:d0d7a444a7]

2pm is not the best time for the show, and I have missed many of the episodes only since I realised it was showing. But I did manage to catch the episode with Ally Sheedy which was an excellent one, but then again every episode of this show is pure class. :D

[quote:d0d7a444a7="mook-e"]I'll be there at 2pm tomorrow watching the final episode - have been taping the past few as I did with Roswell just to help ease the pain :) [/quote:d0d7a444a7]

I on the other hand will be taping it becuase I ironically have scriptwriting class at 1.00pm until 4.00... but at least i will have the last episode on tape.

[quote:d0d7a444a7="mook-e"]They did screen the end of Felicity - like a couple months back at some rediculous time like 11pm. They were scattered but they were aired! I'm a big fan of that series too so I remember [/quote:d0d7a444a7]

Are you sure? Perhaps Channel 7 screened them in Brisbane, becuase I have Felicity in my favourites list on my [b:d0d7a444a7]yourtv.com.au[/b:d0d7a444a7] thingy and Felicity has never come up. And I live in Melbourne of course, so yeah...
The last episodes of Felicity that I remember watching were on at 10.30pm Wednesdays, so you got the time right. But, I guess its like Melbourne Channel 7 showing Futurama and King of the Hill at 10.30pm Mondays, and other states getting Buffy at that timeslot.

[quote:d0d7a444a7="mook-e"]Meanwhile what are 7 replacing Once & Again with? Gideon's Crossing that they had ditched at 3am for a while there letting the show die quietly - not much of a fan of the show but it does deserve to be screened.....especially when considering what 7 could have put on like Home & Away the old days[/quote:d0d7a444a7]

Never actually got onto this show in prime time, mostly because it was against The Panel and doctor shows have never appealed to me. Not to mention that fact that the season was canceled, and like most shows that end up that way I would rather not bother getting attatched to characters that aren't going to be around after the 22 eps have aired (or 20 in the case of this show). Considering that its not in prime time and there is nothing against it, I might give it a go.
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:19 pm
[quote:9dac17f46d="jason166"]After I posted the first message, I found your message from November and started kicking myself! But then, I was finishing up year 12 at that time so maybe that is why I missed it. Quite upset about that really...[/quote:9dac17f46d]

:) Bugger hey.

[quote:9dac17f46d="mook-e"]They did screen the end of Felicity - like a couple months back at some rediculous time like 11pm.[/quote:9dac17f46d]
[quote:9dac17f46d="jason166"]Are you sure? Perhaps Channel 7 screened them in Brisbane.[/quote:9dac17f46d]

Yep certain - I posted about it too...that I thought the series had ended but then the next week a new Felicity epi was on where they were 1 year into the future & Felicity wasn't in NY. A then a few more epis after that was the finale.

[quote:9dac17f46d="jason166"]Not to mention that fact that the season was canceled, and like most shows that end up that way I would rather not bother getting attatched to characters.[/quote:9dac17f46d]

I think I'm a glutton for punishment where cancelled shows are concerned - I go & seek them out to give them a try & then half the time I end up getting stuck on them....for example Young Americans, First Wave & Higher Ground. Buffy & The Simpsons are the only shows I've loved that have stuck around for a good amount of time. Sadly most of the axed shows are the best creations on tv so my habit will not be kicked any day soon.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:25 am
[quote:804e56f174="mook-e"]Yep certain - I posted about it too...that I thought the series had ended but then the next week a new Felicity epi was on where they were 1 year into the future & Felicity wasn't in NY. A then a few more epis after that was the finale. [/quote:804e56f174]

dont remember them here in Melbourne... but, knowing my luck it probably was on and for some unknown reason I missed it... but i found the post, and i replied to it as well :s quite confused now... becuase you posted it in September, and I replied in November... yet I never remember seeing the episodes. oh well... im lost

I blame school for missing the last episode of Once and Again - the tape was stuffed up! :x Oh yes, I have the best of luck. Thankfully a friend of mine taped it so will get to see it, i'll just have to wait until the weekend damn! :( Upset about the last episodes of Felicity now as well - here's hopeing they appear on cable tv!

[quote:804e56f174="mook-e"]I think I'm a glutton for punishment where cancelled shows are concerned - I go & seek them out to give them a try & then half the time I end up getting stuck on them....

Buffy & The Simpsons are the only shows I've loved that have stuck around for a good amount of time. Sadly most of the axed shows are the best creations on tv so my habit will not be kicked any day soon.[/quote:804e56f174]

It has always seemed that way - most of the shows that you have recomended here on the board only went for very short times. :roll: It is sad that the better shows around are the ones that don't last that long, but it is good that there are ones that do stick around - Buffy and The Simpsons being two that you mentioned, and its great to see 24 coming back as well.

But Gilmore Girls is popular in the US, Boomtown could be back for another season... Six Feet Under is coming back as well, my favourite Alias :D might not last, but its got third season I hear which is excellent! There is hope for television in some ways I guess, but nothing lasts forever - I can't see it for a long, long while, but there will be a day when The Simpsons will stop new episodes one day! Now that will be a sad day! :(

Keep supporting the little guys though! Even if they don't last, the people who do watch these short run shows are better off than someone who watches every episode of something like Home and Away! Just sad that garbage like that lasts when quality programing ends quicker
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:56 pm
Let me know what you think of the Once & Again finale when u see it Jason.

I really liked how at the shows close the cast & creators said a few words about how they feel about the show & how sad they are that its ending....& they did it all in the style of the 'thoughts in black & white' that took place thru-out the series.
[img81]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/Mook-e/sig_carlinda.gif[/img81]
TV: South Of Nowhere - Season 2 | The L Word | Weeds | Sugar Rush
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:28 pm
[quote:5cf0807039="mook-e"]Let me know what you think of the Once & Again finale when u see it Jason.

I really liked how at the shows close the cast & creators said a few words about how they feel about the show & how sad they are that its ending....& they did it all in the style of the 'thoughts in black & white' that took place thru-out the series.[/quote:5cf0807039]

I finally got the tape off my friend over the weekend... only to find that the quality was pretty crappy! In fact, I could pretty much only hear the middle 15 minutes becuase it was so staticy!

I mangaged to get through it all and from what I did make out I was happy with the ending. It had a resolution of sorts... but I guess this isn't the show that should be nicely ended. It leaves makes it more believeable that the characters will continue to exist even though the show isn't going to keep following them.

The ending was the most poignant I think. I dont think I have seen a show that has had that in its finale before and it ears extra points for original thought into how to end it off.

A great little episode and a good enough finale to a great show!
Secret Life Extra
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:25 pm
I haven't really watched that many eps of this series, but from what i did see, i thought it was really good, and I at elast saw the finale.
Alex: I'm not a psychopath, I'm a sociopath. There's a difference, you know. A psychopath can't tell the difference between right and wrong. A sociopath knows the difference - he just doesn't care. ~The Pretender
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:30 am
Just a note to fans of the show with Pay TV, it has resurfaced on W for Women. It screens 9.30 Thursday nights. Last nights episode was the pilot, but it continues next week.
Glad to actually see this again, and its one title I'm very eagerly waiting to come to DVD. I dont want to have to get it R1 but it looks like it's never going to come out here which is a shame. I'll be watching religiously Thursday nights though, and what a great time for it! :D
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies