Late Night With Conan O'Brien

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Tonight Show Host
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:37 am
Well Letterman has his own topic in TV Aus, and I respect Letterman, but personally I laugh twice as hard at Conan O'Brien's jokes, segments and props (Leno doesn't rate). Also I feel that he uses the band (Max Weinberg Seven) far more effectively in his sketches/routines.

I love "Frankenstein wastes a minute of our time" segment... it's so not funny that it's quite hilarious (if that makes sense) :roll: Also now with the new random "Walker Texas Ranger" clips they play, I never really get bored. But of all his segments, I love it when Triumph the Insult Comic Dog is on. If you're not familiar with Triumph, try and get your hands on a clip of Triumph with Bon Jovi or with the one with the Star Wars fans.

Did anybody see tonight's episode where they had a segment where they were reviewing clips from some new movies. When they reviewed The Day After Tomorrow, they showed a clip of the tsunami sweeping through the city... with a Beach Boys surf song playing in the background. I thought it was gold heh.

I really wish they would show this on FTA because it is very worthy and all those without cable TV are being deprived of a good laugh!

Does anybody else have any opinions or memories they wanna share about Late Night with Conan O'Brien?

Official Link:
[url]http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/bios/index.html[/url]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:45 am
I've only recently subscribed to The Comedy Channel so its only been the last month or so that I've enjoyed the antics of Conan, but personally, I prefer him to David. As you said Otis, I'm constantly in stitches with Conan - he just has this wild nature, he's so animated rather than just sitting behind a desk and having a yarn.

I love the Walker clips - they remind me a lot of the Dr Phil clips on Dave, but they are far more effective here.

How often does Triumph come on the show - he hasn't been on recently, and I know he comes on Conan often so I'm hanging out to see him. I've only seen the mutt at the MTV Music Awards but with Conan it'll work like wonders.

The shitty thing - I can't watch it everynight. Mondays it clashes against 24 now so I'll be missing it then, but I do watch Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
I reckon it would do well on FTA too - a change from Dave - but it just shows that there is some value in Pay TV to get gems like this! :D
Cash on hand: 8,336.60
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:48 am
Yeah I saw parts of it during 24's ads, and the movie thing was so funny! Troy was just a lame joke, but everyone knows it will always get a laugh.

I wish he would do more of: "In the year 2000" sketches, they are always the best, but since we passed 2000, he does it less and less ...*sigh*
Semper Fidelis
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:14 am
I'm a big fan of Conan but... and I'm sure it's been said before... It was absolutely the best show on TV when he had Andy as his side kick.. (Was the show on here then?)
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 17.50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:01 am
One of the funniest segments I have ever seen was when Triumph got decked by Eminem at the MTV music awards.

Absolute classic. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially the press conference after. :lol:
Cash on hand: 8,336.60
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:11 am
I dont agree H8OZ, sorry I like the show a lot more now its just Conan and Max. Nothing against Andy though...

I thought of another sketch I loved. The parody of 24 called 60, where the each episode was only a second long totalling one minute per series!

He did a 12 second marathon once that was so funny! As 24 fans will know, each episode begins with "the following takes place between 1:00 AM and 2:00 AM" etc, but with 60 it was like "the following takes place between 10:00:01 AM and 10:00:02 AM" and at the begining of every episode of 60, the intro would be given even during the marathon! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Semper Fidelis
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:24 pm
[quote="bane"]I dont agree H8OZ, sorry I like the show a lot more now its just Conan and Max. Nothing against Andy though...

[quote]

Either way he is a very funny guy. Hell - He wrote the monorail episode of the Simpsons. :lol:

Secret Life Extra
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:13 pm
Conan is the man.

The walker clips are soo funny,

(sniff, sniff) "a plane crashed here!" :lol: You can't make that stuff up.
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:15 pm
Does Conan stop for the Summer in the US?

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 629,402.00
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:33 am
[quote:e473582666="H8OZTV"]I'm a big fan of Conan but... and I'm sure it's been said before... It was absolutely the best show on TV when he had Andy as his side kick.. (Was the show on here then?)[/quote:e473582666]

Yes it was, been a long time Conan since i've had Foxtel (way back in '99), pure comedy gold. Its funny, Leno has the big money thrown his way, has stellar guests but usually the comedy isn't that great (though i did prefer Leno over everyone else a few years ago). Likewise with Letterman over at CBS, but Conan does not have a big budget for the show... but yet pulls out all the stops with the humour.

[quote:e473582666="bane"]I wish he would do more of: "In the year 2000" sketches, they are always the best, but since we passed 2000, he does it less and less ...*sigh*[/quote:e473582666]

I love the MR T in the year 2000 :P so funny.

There have been numerous sketches/funny bits over the years, i liked how he did the 'photo reactions' of himself, Max & i think the voice announcer whilst watching the world cup soccer, the expressions on their faces was funny.

Also when he did a sketch where he took his show on a mini bus road tour, picked up random people at bus stops as his 'audience' - then drove around looking for guests and found MC HAMMER :P.
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies