The Blacklist

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,273.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:19 pm
Channel 7 will be Fast-Tracking this new James Spader Drama -

not sure what to think of it.
Cash on hand: 9,257.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:06 pm
Reminds me a bit of Silence of the Lambs.
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:18 pm
Along with Shield, this one has been given the #3 promising new show tag and #1 new drama tag from 220 critics. Really looking forward to this one as i am a huge fan of James Spader, loved him in Boston Legal and i hope this show is as good as the it promises to be.

Hollywood Reporter wrote:TV Critics Name 'Agents of SHIELD' Most Promising Fall Series, Masters of Sex 2nd and The Blacklist 3rd

SHIELD, which was followed by Showtime’s Masters of Sex (2) and NBC’s The Blacklist (3) in the overall category, somehow missed out on the drama category. Top honors there went to The Blacklist — which, oddly, bested Masters of Sex (2) despite falling behind it in the overall category. CBS’ Hostages ranked third.
Emmy Nominee
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 2,293,634.50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:33 am
I'm also looking forward to this as well.

Although I'm not totally sold by Seven's advertising. Just some things make me think, but who knows, maybe I'm overthinking it. Hope it really is good because the main commercial channel schedules are crying out for more substance.
2010B & 2011A TvAus Ratings Comp Winner, TvAus AFL Tipping Comp: 2011 Co-Winner, 2012 Runner-up.

Member 18685 - an asset of NSW.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:56 pm
The Blacklist is AMAZING! James Spader does an incredible job as Reddington and i'm hooked already. My favourite new show of 2013. Next week looks great too.
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:18 pm
Watched the first 2 episodes last night, not bad for a procedural! James Spader makes this worth watching - cant imagine enjoying it half as much without him.
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:09 am
NBC ORDERS FULL SEASON OF ACCLAIMED DRAMA ‘THE BLACKLIST’
Series Is No. 1 New Drama of 2013-14 Season in Total Viewers, Dominates Monday 10 O’Clock Timeslot

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. — Oct. 4, 2013 — NBC has ordered an additional nine episodes of “The Blacklist” for a 22- episode full-season commitment, it was announced today by Jennifer Salke, President, NBC Entertainment.

“The many layers of Red Reddington and his mysterious reasons for getting into bed with the FBI seem to be fascinating to fans of this show,” said Salke. “With great talent like James Spader and Megan Boone on board, as well our stellar executive producers and the whole cast and crew, we believe this outstanding series will continue to make NBC a big destination on Monday nights.”

Through the first two weeks of the season, “The Blacklist” has averaged a 3.6 rating, 10 share in adults 18-49 and 12.0 million viewers, making it the #1 new drama on the Big 4 networks so far this season in total viewers, according to “live plus same day” ratings from Nielsen Media Research. Both episodes have led the Monday 10-11 p.m. ET hour among ABC, CBS and NBC in every key ratings category and the Sept. 23 premiere added 4.4 million time-shifting viewers in “live plus three day” results from Nielsen, the most any broadcast network telecast has ever added going from “live plus same day” to “live plus three day.”

“The Blacklist” stars Emmy Award-winning actor James Spader as Red Reddington, a fugitive on the FBI’s Most Wanted list. Now, he’s mysteriously surrendered to the FBI and working with the feds to catch a “blacklist” of politicians, mobsters, spies and international terrorists under the condition that he speaks only to Elizabeth Keen (Megan Boone), an FBI profiler fresh out of Quantico. Red’s true intentions have yet to be revealed.

The series also stars Diego Klattenhoff, Harry Lennix, Ryan Eggold and Parminder Nagra.

Jon Bokenkamp (“The Call,” “Taking Lives”), John Eisendrath (“Alias”), John Davis (“Predator,” “I, Robot,” “Chronicle”) and John Fox serve as executive producers. The pilot was directed by Joe Carnahan (“The A-Team,” “The Grey”). “The Blacklist” is a production of Sony Pictures Television and Davis Entertainment.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/1 ... bc/207022/
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:34 pm
Awesome news. Its my favourite new drama so far this season. James Spader is a genius in this show and is brilliant.
Cash on hand: 30,542.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:47 am
I must be Robinson Crusoe here - I can't stand James Spader! :lol:
Tried watching this twice but it's obviously not meant to be. Pretty well over evil geniuses (genii?). And the rest of it looks fairly generic.

Not many of the new shows looking long termers for me, sadly.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:16 am
Great finale last night. Really loving The Blacklist right now and even more psyched because it has been given a 2nd season by NBC. Now i'm just hoping NBC don't screw this up.

TV Line wrote:'Red' Alert! The Blacklist Renewed for Season 2

The Blacklist apparently has many, many more names left on it — and as such, NBC has renewed its hit freshman drama for a 22-episode second season.

In the James Spader-fronted drama’s most recent outing, it held onto 100 percent of its Voice lead-in rating and eyed possible best-since-premiere tallies in both total audience and in the coveted demo (pending Nielsen finals).
Eight weeks into its run, The Blacklist represents NBC’s most-watched new drama in 19 years (since Earth 2 circa 1994). It also enjoys stupefying Live+7 DVR gains, one week growing by a record 6.6 million viewers to a total audience of 16.93 mil.

The well-reviewed drama had earned a full-season pick-up in early October, after just two airings.

“The success of The Blacklist demonstrates that inspired storytelling is alive and well in broadcast television, and I’m impressed on a daily basis by this creative team’s imagination and the extent to which they will go to capture this grand vision on film,” NBC Entertainment chair Robert Greenblatt said in a statement. “With gratitude to both our partners at Sony Pictures Television and our NBC development executives who took a great script and shepherded it into a great series, I hope that Red Reddington never runs out of names to bring down on his list!”

Having just aired its fall finale, The Blacklist will resume Season 1 on Jan. 13, 2014.
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies