Duke Nukem Series

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:05 pm
anyone a fan?

I remember playing the old series when I was in high school but I only seem to really remember Duke Nukem 3D. I downloaded that when released on Xbox Live. but now me thinks I should track down the old games and play them before Duke Nukem Forever comes out in May. the games are such fun to play, a great mixture of action, explosions, crude humour and naked chicks ;)

just saw on Wikipedia a long list of the games: PC - (1991) Duke Nukem Episode 1: Shrapnel City, Episode 2: Mission: Moonbase, Episode 3: Trapped in the Future, (1993) Duke Nukem II, (1996) Duke Nukem 3D, Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project. Consoles - (1997) Duke Nukem 64 (Nintendo 64) Duke Nukem 3D (Sega Saturn), Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown (Playstation), (1998) Duke Nukem 3D (Sega Mega Drive only in Brazil)
Duke Nukem: Time to Kill (Playstation), (1999) Duke Nukem: Zero Hour (Nintendo 64), (2000) Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes (Playstation), (2008) Duke Nukem 3D (Xbox Live Arcade), (2010) Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project (Xbox Live Arcade) and now this year in 2011 we have: Duke Nukem Forever 2011 (Xbox 360, Playstation 3 & PC)

DAMN, thats a long list of games. heres a trailer for 'Forever' and it looks fully sick!!

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:41 pm
I finally got to play 'Forever' for the first time last night. I had played the demo but not the proper game.

I don't know why this late addition is so hated, Im always hearing about how bad it is. I only played for 2 hours and haven't got too far into it (up to the part with the pinball section) but you can waste a lot of time exploring and checking things out. I find the style and humor is the same as before and Duke hasn't changed, the graphics aren't great but I wasn't expecting them to be.

Im having fun with it and thats what counts, and I find things that happen (so far) funny. like in the very first level I was wondering around and found a toilet with a piece of s**t in it! you can actually pick it up out of the toilet! and Duke says "ahhh, why am I doing this?" :lol: the crudeness of the original games is still there and I can't wait to continue with the game. you can get achievements for anything too, like picking up poo or even drawing on a whiteboard.

anyone played 'Forever' yet? what do you think of it?

Survivor Contestant
Cash on hand: 152.50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:45 am
After reading the thread will also try the game as i have also heard about it from my friends about this game

Return to Gaming