Left 4 Dead 1 & 2

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:43 pm
I own the first game and loved it, its so intense and fun to blow off the heads of zombies! but it has come to my attention that part 2 has been banned by the OFLC!! this is such bulls**t, how the f**k can they not have a problem with part 1 and go and ban this one. Im to understand its pretty much the same game right? just new levels and characters and same old gore? don't see why they can't come up with a better description then 'Strong Violence' like 'Strong Bloody Violence, Blood & Gore' or something!

see it for yourself -

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/09/left-4 ... australia/
http://www.consolemonster.com/newspost. ... 0000006012

here are their reasons why its banned so far -

Here’s Why Left 4 Dead 2 Was Banned In Australia

High impact violence, says the Classification Board. That’s the reason why you won’t be playing Left 4 Dead 2 when it’s released in November throughout the world…except in Australia.

This morning we broke the news that Left 4 Dead 2 had been refused classification in Australia.

By way of IGN AU and News.com.au comes a copy of the Board’s report. It says:

* The game contains violence that is high in impact and is therefore unsuitable for persons aged under 18 to play.

* It notes that this violence is “inflicted upon ‘the Infected’ who are living humans infected with a rabies-like virus that causes them to act violently”.

* The report singles out the use of melee weapons as those that “inflict the most damage” and cause “copious amounts of blood spray and splatter (sic), decapitations and limb dismemberment.. or even cause intestines to spill from the wounds”.

* In conclusion, the Board finds that the “interactive nature of the game increases the overall impact of the frequent and intense depictions of violence. This coupled with the graphic depictions of blood and gore combine to create a playing impact which is high.”

* Interestingly, the report also reveals that it wasn’t a unanimous decision and that “a minority of the Board is of the opinion that the violence is strong in playing impact and therefore warrants an MA15+ classification” instead. However, the majority voted to refuse classification.

that is a crock of s**t!! first off, this is pretty much the same as the first game so I don't know why just now they have a problem with it and not when the first game out. ITS A ZOMBIE GAME!! its not a rabies like virus, their f**king zombies!! the first game you could shoot off limbs and heads and thats no problem, same thing this time around. I can see they would have a problem with it if it was the first game, but its the second!! part 2 is almost a clone! they better get their act together and release this!

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/09/heres- ... australia/

heres a clip of the gameplay, do you agree with the OFLC?
I don't, it seems the same as the first game to me -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsgV5Qlqd-s
Cash on hand: 11,013.00
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:25 pm
apm, oh do i feel the incredible pain... and anger, and sheer frustration!

apparently this game is a lot heavier on the melee side of things, and it's more graphic with removal of organs etc... still, i think it's absolutely ridiculous that adults in australia can't play this, yet adults in other countries, other developed countries, can...

the OFLC can take a big zombie hungry chunk outa my hand if it thinks it's going to stop me from playing this.
[img05]http://i38.tinypic.com/2yoocbo.jpg[/img05]
Cash on hand: 210.00
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:06 pm
Why do I keep coming in here mistaking it for a news item?
Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends.
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 5.00
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:43 pm
A censored version has been approved with an MA15+ rating for "Strong bloody violence". This is to ensure that Left 4 Dead 2 meets its worldwide release date.

Valve are also having the uncut version's rating appealed, however the appeal process takes a little longer, and the results probably won't be revealed until the end of the month.
[size=24b8][color=purpleb8]Silly loves the tentacle![/colorb8][/sizeb8]
Cash on hand: 11,013.00
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:41 pm
yep, i'm eagerly awaiting the 22nd of october to see what they say... hope the original version gets given an MA15+ rating too
[img05]http://i38.tinypic.com/2yoocbo.jpg[/img05]
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 5.00
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:32 pm
The review board has banned the uncut version of Left 4 Dead 2 as well. :(
[size=24b8][color=purpleb8]Silly loves the tentacle![/colorb8][/sizeb8]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:49 pm
Left 4 Dead 2: here is a video on the differences between the Aussie Cut and Uncut Versions -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH7QCtuaXgI

Its import time I guess!!

theres a L4D2 Demo on X360's marketplace, Im sure the Aussie demo is also cut but if you have a American or UK account, you might as well download their demo! so you can at least play it uncut.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:00 pm
got my copy off ebay for the UNCUT version of L4D2 today, briefly played the first level and your first weapon of choice is an AXE! oh, it feels so good and right to chop someones head off and see the head actually pop off and blood going everywhere, unlike the cut version. my copy was an Asian copy but thats fine, what matters is that I can play it in its uncut glory!!

everyone you should definately get it off ebay, the seller I got it from was 'Gamelane' but don't let the picture he's got fool you. its the Aussie cover art with rating but its the uncut version, the seller used the R4 cover to fool ebay!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:51 pm
finished L4D2, it was quite good. some awesome levels and lots of gore thanks to the UK version I got.

also, they just released a new downloadable level with a couple of new weapons which is set as the second level where you get to meet up with the survivors of the first game. the new level The Passing costs 560 MS points and is only 3 chapters long but its quite good to get an extra level.

I ended up downloading the new but old level for L4D1, haven't played it but will soon.

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 629,402.00
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:08 pm
I did get the first when that was first released and played it here and there (not to the extent as most of my friends did though). Still havn't got L4D 2, waiting for the right time - i'm obviously going to have to import it (no problems with that as i've been buying a crapload of games, cds and dvds from overseas since Febuary :lol:). Just being wary about customs, i'd hate it to get confiscated.

Return to Gaming