Major Crimes (The Closer Spin Off)

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:48 pm
[quote21][size=1821]TNT Series Gets 'Closer' to a Spin-Off[/size21]

TNT’s hit series The Closer has been looked upon for a potential spin-off. The network has decided to further milk the successful cop drama by getting creator and executive producer James Duff to spawn a new series based on The Closer, which stars Kyra Sedgewick as Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson, a skilled detective and officer at the Priority Homicide Division of the Los Angeles Police Department.

The yet-untitled spin-off is currently code named The Fixer, and is being co-written by The Closer co-executive producer Adam Belanoff and Michael Berchem. However, it is still unclear whether the spin-off will focus on an existing Closer character, or an entirely different individual. Nonetheless, TNT confirmed that they have ordered a script, without disclosing any more details. Additionally, Greer Shephard and Michael Robin will executively produce the yet-untitled new show.

The Closer stars Kyra Sedgwick, an Emmy-nominated and Golden Globe Award-winning actress who debuted on television soap opera Another World at the age of sixteen. During the 1990s, she appeared on films such as Something to Talk About in 1995 and Phenomenon, where she played a role opposite John Travolta. In 1992, she starred in the Emmy Award-winning made for television film Miss Rose White, and in 2007, she picked up the Golden Globe Award for her portrayal in The Closer. Also in 2007, Sedgwick appeared in the film The Game Plan with Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

Catch The Closer at 9pm on TNT, as “Tijuana Brass” airs on Monday. The episode will follow a drug cartel, police malfeasance and an FBI informant bustle around an investigation of two murdered Tijuana cops. The case creates a frenzy when a newspaper bashes the Priority Homicide Division, thus putting the team on the defensive.[/quote21]

BuddyTV

I really love The Closer and think its the best crime drama on TV atm so im happy that theyre furthering the franchise. I do hope that its with a fresh new character and not an exsisting one - i would hate for any of The Closer castmates to leave even if it was for their own show.

EDIT - Not sure who merged the new thread with this old one but ive renamed it to "Major Crimes" instead, completely forgot that they ever had a different name in mind for the show.
Last edited by AM47 on Sat May 11, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cash on hand: 17,273.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:26 pm
Airdate: Major Crimes

Nine will launch The Closer procedural spin-off series Major Crimes later this month.

This sees Mary McDonnell take over the Los Angeles Police Department’s Major Crimes Division following the exit of Brenda Leigh Johnson (Kyra Sedgwick).

The TNT series premiered in the US in October and has been renewed for a second season.

Major Crimes, which takes television’s favourite squad of detectives from the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning series The Closer into bold new territory, premieres Monday, May 20, after The Voice on Channel Nine.

As the series opens, the detectives in the Los Angeles Police Department’s Major Crimes Division are still reeling from the departure of their chief, Brenda Leigh Johnson (The Closer’s Kyra Sedgwick), and the realisation that Captain Sharon Raydor (Mary McDonnell) is now in charge.

Unlike Johnson, Raydor is determined to lead the department with a more team-oriented approach, sharing the credit with the people she works with. Raydor’s hardest job, however, will be gaining the trust and confidence of her detectives, who aren’t quick to forget her long history of internal investigations targeting them and their old boss.

Especially troublesome is Lieutenant Provenza (G.W. Bailey), the squad’s resident old-timer, who has a difficult time taking orders from someone he doesn’t think knows as much as he does.

There is little time for adjustment as the LAPD rushes to reach a plea bargain when a string of grocery store robberies turns fatal. After proving to be a valuable source for the case, an undercover detective and military veteran, Detective Amy Sykes (Kearran Giovanni), is transferred to Major Crimes. Meanwhile Raydor takes a big step to protect teenager Rusty Beck (Graham Patrick Martin) after he runs away from his foster family.

Major Crimes stars two-time Oscar nominee Mary McDonnell (The Closer, Battlestar Galactica, Dances with Wolves) in her Emmy-nominated role of Captain Sharon Raydor, and The Closer’s G.W. Bailey (M*A*S*H, St. Elsewhere, Police Academy movies), Tony Denison (Prison Break, Playmakers), Michael Paul Chan (Arrested Development, The Insider), Raymond Cruz (Breaking Bad, Training Day), Phillip P. Keene (Home) and Graham Patrick Martin (Two and a Half Men, The Bill Engvall Show). Plus newcomer Kearran Giovanni (One Life to Live).

9:30pm Monday, May 20 on Nine.

shouldn't this be on GEM?

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2013/05/air ... rimes.html
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:51 pm
AM47 wrote:EDIT - Not sure who merged the new thread with this old one but ive renamed it to "Major Crimes" instead, completely forgot that they ever had a different name in mind for the show.

what do you mean?

I bumped up the old thread, I never created a new one as I already knew of it existing and no one merged anything.

or are you saying there was another one?
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:39 pm
Oh ok well then theres something wrong with my account cause when i saw the link to your post it was titled "Major Crimes" but then when i clicked it the title had the very old title of "The Fixer" so i assumed that someone had merged the threads. Anyway it doesnt matter, i fixed the title to the correct one.
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:48 pm
yeah I renamed the reply part of it, for when you or someone else would change the title.
Cash on hand: 9,257.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:43 pm
Major Crimes has disappeared from my EPG next Monday, replaced by Gordon Ramsay's Hotel Hell.... :roll:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Cash on hand: 9,257.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:05 am
The show has now surfaced on GEM this Monday 24 June @ 8.30pm. Encores of the first 3 eps screen from noon that same day.
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer

Return to Drama and Comedies