Married With Children

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:49 pm
Surprised there wasnt already a topic for this. Been watching s1 the past few days to get ready for my S2-4 dvds which finally arrived today. Anyone else bought s2-7 yet from JB Hi Fi? What are your favourite episodes? Im looking forward to seeing the Season 3 finale "Ill See You In Court", havent seen it in years and is one of my favourites.
Cash on hand: 770.00
Bank: 1,279,451.00
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:31 pm
I only have the best of volumes 1 and 2.
My favourite episode of all time is where they go to the supermarket as they don't have an air conditioner.
Classic.

-Ben
Emmy Winner
Cash on hand: 5.00
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:51 am
[quote:42b119fdc9="treeman"]My favourite episode of all time is where they go to the supermarket as they don't have an air conditioner.[/quote:42b119fdc9]

:shock:

Now [i:42b119fdc9]that [/i:42b119fdc9]I gotta see. :lol:
[size=24b8][color=purpleb8]Silly loves the tentacle![/colorb8][/sizeb8]
Cash on hand: 302.60
Bank: 2,763,819.00
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:05 am
[quote:3d9d716912="treeman"]
My favourite episode of all time is where they go to the supermarket as they don't have an air conditioner.
Classic.
[/quote:3d9d716912]

That is the episode that actually sticks in my mind from back in the days when it was first aired. I still look at the folding chairs at woolies whenever there is a heatwave as I am reminded of that episode. :lol:
"Reason cannot prevail where reason cannot penetrate" (Peter Quennell).

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 629,402.00
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:17 am
I've got to start collecting the seasons, awesome show back in the day.

I have a soft spot for a few different episodes:

The supermarket episode (i remember Channel 9 promoting it along the lines of the Supermarket Sweep show hosted by Ian Turpie)

Any episode where Bud was Grandmaster B "It's ok Ghostbuster B" :lol:

Jefferson Darcy's first appearance and Marcy's reaction: "My name is Marcy Darcy....... :shock: :shock:"

Al speaking at Bud & Kelly's school dance "This is your brain........ this is your brain on marriage" (drops egg) :lol:

I quite liked the setup of Al's private room, having his mates around.... only for their partner's to eventually hijack it. So Al takes matters into his own hands and takes out a few wooden planks.

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:56 pm
I just had season 9 arrive last week so i have season 1-9. Fantastic show, i didnt watch it in the 90s but decided to give it a shot so i started buying the seasons last year and i cant get enough of it. The only thing i cant stand is the obnoxious audience, cheering everytime a character enters the room or laughing at every joke even when its not even funny but admittedly it got like that around season 7-8 so it wasnt always that bad.

I read that the show didnt get a proper send-off which after 11 seasons you would expect the actors to have been pissed off.
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:47 pm
Just started watching season 2 today, cant belive its been almost 2.5 years since ive seen new antics of Al Bundy. Just love his chauvernistic ways - you dont see men like that on TV these days.

Love how he constantly avoids sex with Peg, in the season premiere he says he'll have sex with her after he fixes the fence then its suddenly two months later and the fence is still not fixed and still no sex for Peg.

[quote:7a188bc337="JH22"]I read that the show didnt get a proper send-off which after 11 seasons you would expect the actors to have been pissed off.[/quote:7a188bc337]

I read that they were expecting a 12th season which is why they didnt shoot a proper series finale and that also the cast werent even told about the show's cancellation, they found out by hearing it on the news or from their friends. Id say considering this was FOX's first show and a hit for them at one stage, for them to have treated the show that way is dissapointing to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:23 pm
I got this from a script website. This is from 'Movie Show' from season 7.

KELLY Hello, Frank.

Frank sits back, alarmed.

FRANK Kelly! Oh, uh... It - it's not what you think... You see, uh... I was
planning on using her dentist and I was just checking out his work.

KELLY Yeah, well, I might have bought that if I didn't know that you already
see an excellent dentist. But you know, it's okay. I mean, at first I
was hurt to see you with someone else, but, after all, I canceled the
date. It's my birthday, and it's time to handle my life maturely. I just
wanna let you know that I understand what happened and it's okay.

Kelly returns to her seat.

KELLY [to Al] Daddy, beat him up.

AL Of course, pumpkin.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:05 pm
I watched Teachers Pets from season 6, i couldnt stop laughing at the scene right at the end.

Bud starts dating his 40 year old teacher and tells Al about it, well in the classroom Bud finds out that she runs away with another student and the class get a substitute teacher who happens to be in her 80s.

At which point Al storms into the classroom and tells her off for having a "sexual relationship" with his son Bud, he tells her that she lied about her age and that she hasnt been 40 since the 1840s :lol: Al also tells Bud that Peg has run out of tampons. Bud thinks he is dreaming so he pulls his pants down only to realise that he isnt wearing any underwear. :lol:

This is easily one of the funniest tv shows ever, so many great scenes episodes.

Cash on hand: 108,391.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:21 pm
awesome show :)
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies