Ideal

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Home and Away Star
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:25 am
Hello,

This is honestly a last resort, that is, I did not want to waste TVAus space with pointless threads, however;

There is a british/comedy/crime/weird show late nights, used to be on ABC1, now repeating on ABC2, about this fat guy with a whiny horse voice who also happens to be a drug dealer. He is living in a flat and has numerous regular clients popping around, like a gay guy and chicks and junk.

Also there is a rival group of dealers with one character known as cartoon ed, he has a mouse mask glued to his face. Hes also a psycho.

As strange as this seems its a brilliant show, though I cannot remember the name and cant find it on any TV guides, and so google is useless, despite even description/character searches..

Help me Obiwan, your my only hope..

Edit, Since finding the name of the show, I shall make some use of the thread in morphing it to a thread for the show! If anyone else watches it post up what you think!
Last edited by andyroo on Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 35.00
Bank: 1,418.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:48 am
Ahh yep. That's on thursday nights and the show is called [b:7b01292a21]Ideal[/b:7b01292a21]. I agree, it is a bit weird and a bit 'out there.' Watchable though. :)

I'll see if I can find anything online about it.

eta: oh trust there to be a wiki page for it. :P
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_(TV_series)]click here for linkage[/url]
Home and Away Star
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:57 pm
[quote:3554daca3d="mia"]Ahh yep. That's on thursday nights and the show is called [b:3554daca3d]Ideal[/b:3554daca3d]. I agree, it is a bit weird and a bit 'out there.' Watchable though. :)

I'll see if I can find anything online about it.

eta: oh trust there to be a wiki page for it. :P
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideal_(TV_series)]click here for linkage[/url][/quote:3554daca3d]

Mia you are a champion!

This show is a great watch, yes strange however not so far removed from a typical british comedy drama, shameless comes to mind.. just fresh and some great characters. Urge anyone that has not seen it to get into the show.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 35.00
Bank: 1,418.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:58 pm
You're welcome. :D

And in hindsight, your 'last resort' should have been your first port of call. You could have saved yourself from going mad googling!! ;)
Home and Away Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:09 pm
Has anyone been watching this? I think* it was last week, may of been two, however it was so brilliantly sad!

SPOILER, if you are planning on getting into this through DVD or AHEM other means :) then dont read..

It was such a shocking ending, I cant remember the characters name, but he was that annoying balding guy with glasses, he came around to Moss' place with some great weed and they ended up connecting, he was talking about Star trek and such, it was so, dare I say it, endearing, Moss even then stated how he had always thought of his as an annoying twat, the guy then pulls out a pic of his kids and states how much he misses them (custody) and Moss tries to cheer him up by offering to 'take him out' cubbing...

Cartoon head comes back in and Moss is like ' Hey cartoon head we should take him out!'

Cartoon then pulls out a gun and without a second shoots the poor guy in the head.

Its so shocking and so unexpected. It just tears you! SUCH a brilliant show, funny one moment horribly moving the next. Wow. Really, up there is the top moments of great television shows in my opinion.

If you did not see this then go and get it, my horrible text does not do this show justice! PLEASE GO AND GET IT! BRILLIANT! And I rarely say that of a show, especially in caps..

Return to Drama and Comedies