Ladette To Lady

How much do you love your TV? Gossip, news, programming, and ratings. A place to chat about Documentaries, Games shows, Ads...
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 11,393.00
Bank: 716,489.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:29 am
OMG - am watching it now. They're just arriving - plastered!

I have never seen a girl pee before like that one did in a kneeling position! :shock:

EDIT - Just finished. I heard what you were saying there Xfactor! ... more insaner! :eh:

I do think those women can be a little harsh. Calling whatever her name was, scum, was a bit much!
Cash on hand: 4,522.50
Bank: 98,801.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:04 pm
I watched about 20 minutes of this and changed the channel. I consider myself to be fairly open minded but this was so far over the top :roll: The word that popped into my head was "disgusting" - and no it's not because it was so-called young ladies doing the drunk and disorderly, I'd feel the same if it was young men.

I won't be tuning in again :roll:
Hollywood Movie Star
Cash on hand: 346.30
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:07 am
Do you think they have some casting format they allows follow on this show?

Because the boring, quiet, nothing girls always go early. Hence the girl who went tonight.

There is always a blokey, rough girl who is nice and mature but just has to learn to be more feminine, and they ALWAYS are in the final 3. In this series it is obviously the girl who went hunting tonight.

Speaking of her how ridiculous was it that she got in trouble for holding up a mini Aussie flag while riding!!! That was nothing.
"Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
Cash on hand: 7,484.00
Bank: 67,280.00
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:24 am
Every time I hear or see this show's title, I keep being reminded of, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht7gTnjIKeE&feature=related][i:ea5984db37]..."But, I'm A Leeday!"[/i:ea5984db37][/url]

Brings a whole new meaning to the whole [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4a3RuN1RHM&feature=PlayList&p=907D1186F81527A8&playnext=1&index=25]'[i:ea5984db37]Lad[/i:ea5984db37]ette to [i:ea5984db37]Leeday[/i:ea5984db37]'[/url] concept doesn't it?

:P
Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,679.80
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:09 am
[quote:5d7b479faf="Rayne"]I watched about 20 minutes of this and changed the channel. I consider myself to be fairly open minded but this was so far over the top :roll: The word that popped into my head was "disgusting" - and no it's not because it was so-called young ladies doing the drunk and disorderly, I'd feel the same if it was young men.

I won't be tuning in again :roll:[/quote:5d7b479faf]

You did better than me, I lasted about 2 minutes. Watching female bogans vomiting & urinating on the road in front of everyone isn't my idea of entertainment. It amazes me that people actually want to watch rubbish like this.
There are two theories about how to win an argument with a woman. Neither one works.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:33 pm
^^^ Yes it is rather amazing isn't it! :mrgreen:
Even worse I guess - putting yourself up for being in it! What must their parents think!

Mind you, I can imagine what they must be like, seeing how their daughters have turned out!
Cash on hand: 302.60
Bank: 339,523.00
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:50 pm
[quote:87ab8ec1ab="Jayel"]^^^ Yes it is rather amazing isn't it! :mrgreen:
Even worse I guess - putting yourself up for being in it! What must their parents think!

Mind you, I can imagine what they must be like, seeing how their daughters have turned out![/quote:87ab8ec1ab]

Here's your answer Jayel

[quote:87ab8ec1ab]Local ladette in all her glory
PETRA STARKE
February 15, 2009 12:30am

TOMORROW night Adelaide girl Zoe Irons will flash her underwear, drink herself to oblivion and vomit into a bucket on national television - [size=18:87ab8ec1ab][b:87ab8ec1ab]and mum couldn't be prouder.[/b:87ab8ec1ab][/size:87ab8ec1ab]

The first episode shows the former Adelaide Hills resident binge drinking, belching, kissing another ladette and wrestling with two men in not much more than a zebra print bra.

SEE PROMO

The 20 year old former checkout operator is South Australia's only entry on Channel 9's new reality game show Aussie Ladette to Lady, which aims to turn "ladettes" - unruly, uncouth, heavy-drinking girls - into civilised "ladies" through a deportment boot camp in England.

In another scene she is shown vomiting into a bucket after a drinking session while two young men look on.

But mother Pamela Helps, who encouraged Irons to apply for the show, says she's still proud of her daughter.

"There will be things shown on there that I'll probably cringe over, but I'm very proud of Zoe," she said.

"I know that she will get there one day, and this was just another step along the way. I hope it shows the good side of her on the show. I know they'll be showing all the negative things, but I do think people will warm to her because she is a character people really like."

On the show Irons, a former Heathfield High student, is described as "a professional drinker" and "going nowhere fast".

"The only thing that Zoe will allow between her and a bottle is a man - any man," the show's narrator says in the first episode.

"I'm sort of worried that maybe my grandparents will see it, and my mum," Irons said.

"But in the end that was me at the time, and I think my family knows what they're in for."

Now living in Cairns with family, Irons puts her former bad behaviour down to simple geography.

"Adelaide's probably one of the worst places for binge drinking," she said.

"Everyone's a partygoer down there. I think it's the atmosphere and not having so many sporty things to do, cos it's so cold, everyone just sits in with the fire and drinks their beer."

The ladette says she has changed her ways since leaving the show and is currently looking for work in retail and hoping to take a TAFE course in film production.

"I have more lady qualities and I'm more refined now," Irons said.

"I'm not drinking all the time, and not partying as much. I've learned that you don't have to drink to have a good time."

Ms Helps said the change in her daughter's behaviour was noticeable since being on the show.

"Since she's gotten back I've noticed she's completely motivated to change," she said.

"She's seen the other side and realises she's been wasting a lot of time, and that there's more to life than just partying, I guess. It's opened her eyes so much."

But while Irons may have emerged from the show more of a "lady", the same can't be said for fellow ladette Kristyn Ashley, from Western Australia, who has posted lurid photos of herself on Facebook just months after returning from England.

Photos of the 21-year-old taken during the Ladette trip that are easily accessible on her public Facebook site show her posing topless in a phone box and vomiting in a city street.[/quote:87ab8ec1ab]
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25053901-5006347,00.html

Some folk here might even recognise the author of the article as a TVAusser, albeit one that no longer posts here. :wink:
"Reason cannot prevail where reason cannot penetrate" (Peter Quennell).
Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,747.70
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:24 pm
[quote:046718b3dc="OJ"]

Now living in Cairns with family, Irons puts her former bad behaviour down to simple geography.

"Adelaide's probably one of the worst places for binge drinking," she said.
[/quote:046718b3dc]

Yep.... that piss-ant town does it again........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
In the game of life always back self-interest.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:44 pm
[quote:68d287cb55="Cellar Door"]Every time I hear or see this show's title, I keep being reminded of, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht7gTnjIKeE&feature=related][i:68d287cb55]..."But, I'm A Leeday!"[/i:68d287cb55][/url]

Brings a whole new meaning to the whole [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4a3RuN1RHM&feature=PlayList&p=907D1186F81527A8&playnext=1&index=25]'[i:68d287cb55]Lad[/i:68d287cb55]ette to [i:68d287cb55]Leeday[/i:68d287cb55]'[/url] concept doesn't it?

:P[/quote:68d287cb55]

S'funny - I always say it like that myself, Ladette to [i:68d287cb55]Leeday[/i:68d287cb55] And in my head afterwards I think [i:68d287cb55]Leeyday Boy[/i:68d287cb55]!!! hehehehe!

[b:68d287cb55]OJ[/b:68d287cb55] - do we know who it is, the TVAusser?
Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,747.70
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:56 pm
:shocked!: ... well , well , well , that first ep was a dossie.
You can tell that this season is made for Aussie tv.
Fancy showing the girls peeing in the parking-lot. ( I know road but that didn't rhyme )
:lol: all the pressed hams against the windows :lol: and a fullmoon to finish with. :lol:

Luv how the Aussie girls called out the hypocrisy of the oldgirls.
Just a pity that the miner didn't hit the old blonde floozie with f***dolls , instead of the cook. Because she had no answer to why should the huntsmen get away with , ( whip , up to the bedroom with you ) .

" What's an upperclass tosser "....... as if they have never been called that by their own people :roll: class riddled society :doh:
In the game of life always back self-interest.
PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous & General TV Discussion