Eli Stone

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:51 pm
[quote:2db9908bc0]Is it possible to change life midstream and get back to who you are at your core? From Greg Berlanti ("Brothers & Sisters," "Dirty Sexy Money," "Everwood") and Marc Guggenheim ("Brothers & Sisters," "Law & Order," "The Practice") comes a story about a lawyer who finds himself at a crossroads between the man he has become and the man he wants to be... even if that means being a prophet.

Driven by ambition, Eli Stone (Jonny Lee Miller, "The Flying Scotsman") has built a successful career at a top San Francisco law firm in representing the biggest and richest corporations where "screwing over the little guy" is common practice. After experiencing a series of odd hallucinations, including a crooning vision of George Michael, Eli turns to his neurologist brother, Nathan (Matt Letsher, "The New Adventures of Old Christine"), only to be told there is nothing wrong with him. As the visions persist, he's anxious to find the cause of his delirium and seeks the help of Dr. Chen (James Saito, "I Think I Love My Wife"), a Chinese acupuncturist who specializes in holistic medicine. Though skeptical of his practice, Eli finds Dr. Chen can help him recall important memories from his past.

Eli's visions continue to intensify and begin to affect his practice, relationships and how he is perceived. But it's not until Eli puts his own life in peril that Nathan recognizes similar episodes their father shared and reconsiders what may be ailing his brother. Upon another review of the symptoms and an MRI, Nathan discovers Eli is suffering from an inoperable brain aneurysm that's causing his illusions.

If Nathan represents science, Dr. Chen represents faith. As Eli struggles to cope with his diagnosis, he looks to Dr. Chen for his take on the relationship of his revelations to his aneurysm. Dr. Chen suggests there could be a divine answer for why he's having delusions of grandeur - Eli may be a prophet.

While Eli is skeptical of being a prophet, his visions have helped him to recall what his father once impressed upon him -- "You're meant to do great things... speak inspired words... you're going to help people." With his father's words in mind, Eli redefines his outlook on life and his intent as a lawyer, beginning with a case in which he represents an old acquaintance against one of his firm's most important clients. Despite opposition from his imposing boss and future father-in-law, Jordan Wethersby (Victor Garber, "Alias"), and fiancée Taylor (Natasha Henstride, "Commander in Chief"), he chooses to stay the course.

Eli's resolve will be further tested by his colleagues, who include his sassy assistant, Patti (Loretta Devine, "Crash"), and fellow counsel Matt Dowd (Sam Jaeger, "Catch and Release"), an ambitious, competitive shark who exemplifies everything Jordan would like Eli to be. He'll also be challenged by Maggie Dekker (Julie Gonzalo, "Veronica Mars"), an inexperienced, junior associate who questions his commitment to change.

"Eli Stone" stars Jonny Lee Miller as Eli Stone, Victor Garber as Jordan Wethersby, Natasha Henstride as Taylor Wethersby, Loretta Devine as Patti, Sam Jaeger as Matt Dowd, James Saito as Dr. Chen, Matt Letsher as Nathan Stone and Julie Gonzalo as Maggie.

Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim are co-creators and executive producers. Chris Misiano ("The West Wing") also serves as executive producer and director. The series is produced by ABC Studios.[/quote:2db9908bc0]

[url=http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/showpage/showpage.aspx?program_id=002441&type=lead]ABC Medianet[/url]

Premiered in the US this Thursday to 12m viewers. Anyone downloaded this yet?
Cash on hand: 210.00
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:57 pm
Oh yeah, I heard about this show not too long ago. I don't know if it's for me.
I get the feeling this "other" side to him will be downplayed for drama. Sort of like Joan of Arcadia in that sense. It will most likely fail in ratings here.
Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 20.00
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:23 pm
From the creator of Jack & Bobby and Brothers & Sisters, been looking forward to have a look, probably download it once the last FNL ep finishes next week
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 1,356.30
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:33 pm
sounds interesting! though i hope its not too morally preaching kinda thing.. does that mmake sense?

Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:08 am
Loved the Pilot! In fact, I love anything Greg Berlanti's name is attached to. He's such an amazing writer and producer. All his shows are so well developed and filled with relatable characters and relationships.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 97.50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:48 pm
I just found out Victor Garber (Alias) is in here. :P

And considering it's from the creators of Brothers and Sisters, I might look into this later this week. I have already gone over my daily quota, and need to slow down. :(

I did not know about this show until I checked out the U.S. TV Ratings and saw the word PREMIERE. :P and after a search on imdb, I think it looks interesting.

What do you know? There is life after "Alias" for the former cast members! :P
[img44]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/Mark777dvdcinema/07082009_warehouse13.jpg[/img44]
Cash on hand: 210.00
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:17 am
What channel is it going to be on in Australia?
If it's the same guy who created Brothers & Sisters then hopefully it will avoid channel 9.
Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends.

Oscar Presenter
Cash on hand: 1,172.20
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:51 am
It's going to be on channel seven.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 97.50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:00 am
Of course it is. The show's on ABC in the U.S. :roll: All the U.S. ABC Dramas are on Seven.
[img44]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f379/Mark777dvdcinema/07082009_warehouse13.jpg[/img44]
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:35 am
No theyre not. Womens Murder Club is on ch 10, Pushing Daisies is on Ch 9 - both are ABC shows.

CH 7 gets the majority of ABC shows due to its deal with Beuna Vista who produce 80% of the ABC shows. Ch 9 got Pushing Daisies because its produced by Warner Bros and ch 10 got WMC becuase its produced by fox.
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies