Crash - The Series

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:50 am
[quote18][size=1818]Starz Align for 'Crash' Series[/size18]

The movie "Crash" -- no, not the David Cronenberg one -- is set to become a small screen series.

The Oscar-winning best picture will be Starz' first original drama series, returning much of the film's behind-the-scenes talent, including director, co-writer and producer Paul Haggis, co-writer and producer Bobby Moresco, producer Bob Yari, producer Don Cheadle, producer Mark R. Harris and executive producer Tom Nunan.

"'Crash' introduced a whole range of fascinating characters and engrossing, intertwined stories that are ideally suited for developing into a TV series," says Stephen Shelanski, Starz executive VP of programming. "Starz is the premium channel for movies so it's appropriate that this best picture-winner is providing the basis for our first dramatic series. The fact that key members of the film's production team are involved will ensure that our series maintains the high level of talent and creativity captured in the film."

Originally developed for FX several years back, the "Crash" series has already been ordered for 13 episodes with production set to begin in the spring.

"I'm very happy that Lionsgate and Starz have decided to develop 'Crash' into a series," Haggis says. "Ironically, my initial impulse was to present the material in a format for television. I am thrilled it's coming full circle and can't wait to see how it expands and transforms."

In its feature incarnation, "Crash" had an ensemble cast featuring Don Cheadle, Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Jennifer Esposito, Brendan Fraser, Terrence Howard, Chris "Ludacris" Bridges, Thandie Newton and Ryan Philippe. We somehow doubt that Starz will be able to wrangle that sort of talent, though the creative team isn't worried about coming up with storylines.

"This series will present an opportunity to delve into many subjects, not just race relations in LA," Cheadle says. "I don't think you can do 13 episodes on that subject and keep people interested. The challenge will be to craft the series characters in such a way as to get beneath the skin that supposedly differentiates them and create entertaining story lines that show the hurdles and obstacles we all struggle to overcome day to day."

In addition to its best picture win, "Crash" also won for Haggis and Moresco's screenplay and for editing.

Starz made its first foray into original comedies with the recent launch of "Head Cases" and "Hollywood Residential." [/quote18]

Zap2it
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:08 pm
Read this today. I would vote Crash as one of the most overrated Oscar winners of the last few years. Probably wouldn't watch this.
Cash on hand: 6,600.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:09 pm
[quote:dfd03b154b="aliasfanjay"]Read this today. I would vote Crash as one of the most overrated Oscar winners of the last few years. Probably wouldn't watch this.[/quote:dfd03b154b]Agreed.
Cash on hand: 210.00
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 pm
aliasfanjay you are well deserving the Goldies today.
You must be having a bad day! I am troubled...
Yet I agree.
Crash was a piece of nonsensical garbage written by none other than the "Twat Parade", a group of sinister, anti-happiness latte sipping mongrels who think the sun shines out of their arses.
The kind of people who claimed that the sun revolved around the Earth back in the day.

I look forward to seeing this show fail.
Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends.

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:48 am
Ew.
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:20 pm
[quote:a1781b473c][size=18:a1781b473c]Dennis Hopper Makes 'Crash' Series Landing[/size:a1781b473c]

Dennis Hopper has joined the cast of "Crash," the Starz television adaptation of the Oscar-winning film.

Starz says that Hopper will play a veteran, maverick music producer looking for his last big score.

The two-time Oscar nominee (for acting in "Hoosiers" and co-writing "Easy Rider") joins the previously announced Clare Carey, Luis Chavez, Ross McCall, Jocko Sims, Brian Tee and Arlene Tur in the small screen version of Paul Haggis' film.

While all of the characters in the future are original creations, the new "Crash" will have a similar structure to the feature: A multi-ethnic ensemble of Los Angeles characters will deal with the harsh realities of everyday life, mostly that people in LA can't drive and are frequently racist.

Production has begun on the pilot with Sanford Bookstaver directing. Since the show aims to give a realistic depiction of Los Angeles, filming will take place largely in New Mexico.

Starz plans to premiere the new "Crash" in October.

Hopper's last regular TV gig was on NBC's short-lived "E-Ring." The actor's latest feature, "Palermo Shooting," premiered to largely negative reviews at the Cannes Film Festival. He'll also be seen in the upcoming comedy "Swing Vote." [/quote:a1781b473c]

[url=http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-hoppercrashcasting,0,7089639.story]Zap2it[/url]
Cash on hand: 210.00
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:58 am
Wow, I look forward to seeing this show copy its title, and then burn. :)

Return to Drama and Comedies