Second Life

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 7,484.00
Bank: 547,683.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:10 pm
http://secondlife.com/

Does anyone know anything of this game? Anyone heard of it?

I'd heard of it a year or two ago, but only decided to check it out now, because before I thought it was only just like The Sims or something. But apparently you can play First Person Shooters, Fantasy scenarios, like Slay Dragons or something, or just build your own shop or something. Just do whatever you want.

I'm curious but my computer's specs may not quite meet the minimum requirements, plus my broadband download limit is annoyingly small, so already get's used up well before the end of the month. Anyway...

So anybody played it?

Read or heard anything about this game?

Anyone curious about it?
TVAus Signature Competition #6 - FINAL ROUND (Sig Comp #7 Sig) Sigs now in thread - Come check them out and feel free to comment!
ER Surgeon
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:17 pm
I play it.

Yup, it uses heaps of bandwidthand and with some money (Linden dollars the games uses) you can do just about anything.

I make clothes in SL and sell them but recently had an hiatas from the game. Jst now getting back into it.

Its VERY addictive.
Daytime Soap Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:46 pm
Former SL DJ here :) As above poster said, VERY addictive :D
ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:29 pm
I just read back my last post and sheesh, my spelling and grammar was dreadful!! So sorry. Not sure what I was thinking that day.

But I am back into SL now. Tired of The Sims 2 so if you need help with anything, search for me. My SL name is Stormy McMahon.

There is pretty much nothing that I haven't done in the game. Like I said, I make clothes and used to sell them. Might get around to doing it again someday. Just takes alot of time.

I've been married, had affairs. Role played as a lawyer in a drug town called Crack City. Took on a western accent for the town of Tombstone and old english for victorian towns. I have a lovely collection of victorian wear and often go ball room dancing. I own a few horses, helicopter, Ferrari, live aboard yacht, Nimbus 3000 (or is that 2000?) broom stick and snitch.

So if you need SL advice, more than happy to help.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:00 am
I played it once or twice but it was wayyy too complicated for me. Also, it used a heap of bandwidth which I'd rather be using to get television shows or music. :lol:
[be9][color=violete9]Voted "Biggest Contributor to TVAus" (jointly with Ellecee and aliasfanjay), in the First Annual TVAus Awards.[/colore9][/be9]
ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:07 am
Yeah, I agree Mitch and I tend to think that having someone who is experienced in SL to help you from your first day will make your SL experience alot more enjoyable. I had some good friends from The Sims 2 online community introduce me to SL and they took me in under their wing. Gave me somewhere to live, showed me how to make my avatar not look so "newbie". They showed me where to shop, and where to be seen. Gave me scripts to improve my avatars walk etc.

And yeah, I think that unless you have a large bandwidth allowance its probably not worth playing unless you stay in the one spot and not explore.
Daytime Soap Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:56 pm
Yeah if you need a guide I'm also around on occasion: Drazik Skall.

also: stormy your slname sounds familiar for some reason :S
ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:17 am
Ummm not sure why? I will check out your group memberships Es02 when next online. Maybe that is where we have crossed paths?
Daytime Soap Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:32 pm
could be... *scratches his head*
ER Surgeon
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:45 am
I checked your profile last night and nope, no corresponding groups with me. And DJing? Well I used to hang at ACTIV 8 alot but they never played metal so I probably didn't meet you there. Bizzare.
Next

Return to Gaming