7th Heaven

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:07 pm
The man in the Media Magazine put it perfectly. "This show is getting a little weird."
Incredibly true. Looking back, I remember 7th Heaven being my favourite show of 99. It dealt with drugs, sex, car crashes, injuries, guns, even murders and deaths! Every episode they left the house and managed with their difficult teenage lives (and the parents with their churchy 'rape and suicide' problem solving), while at the same time fitting in love and light-hearted humour.
Though it was still on the corny side, it was very serious at times and certainly wasn't for the faint of heart. The 1st episode was almost banned from Australian TV because it dealt with little Lucy and her 'Period Problems'!
As Australia showed the 1st to 3rd season on 12pm weekdays, kids home sick from school caught on (including me!) and soon enough it was put on fridays at 7:30pm, which is pretty lame but at least it was on late. As the next few years went by, I tuned in and noticed that it was getting STUPIDER and STUPIDERER every week. Now, it's so lame and boring, I'm struggling to watch it. I only do so now because I've grown to love the characters. Once a family show has more than two non-family people living in their house, it's on the border-line of being an utterly ridiculous show. It's too cheery and home-based... they never leave the house any more. I mean, do they even HAVE jobs? School? All they ever do is debate about their lovers and crushes. SNORE. They did that at the start, too, but at least then it was interesting.
This show should have been cancelled a while back, but because it had been such a good show to begin with, they wouldn't DARE cancel now, much like The Simpsons!
I must say, though, every once in a while do have an original, dramatic storyline, but they don't show them here because they're PG or M. How typical. The only good ones are PG. G rated ones are crap.
Channel Ten should DEFINITELY bring on the first 3 seasons. Seeing no one has seen them, people will probably tune in and STAY, because they were so bloody good!
Cash on hand: 1,889.30
Bank: 44,213.00
Mood: doubting
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:38 pm
Maybe in the day time but DEFINETELY not in prime time.
Modest to the top.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:42 pm
Yeah daytime for something a little different.
FREE SCHAPELLE
Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:01 pm
I must've missed that one, :(
[b7d][u7d][color=blue7d]Stargate News Australia[/color7d][/u7d][/b7d]

[b7d][color=green7d][size=187d]They want us to believe the television ratings in aus are factual, yeah right and pigs might fly[/b7d][/color7d][/size7d]
[img7d]http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/pigSflymed.gif[/img7d]
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:29 pm
I voted no for numerous reasons:

1) The earlier episodes are being repeated constantly on Pay TV - if you like it so much subscribe to pay TV because...

2) Free TV should be for new shows rather than repeats. There is enough repeats on now taking up the room of better shows that could be showed that aren't.

3) Its crap anyway - new or old episodes!
Survivor Contestant
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:18 am
Make it stop, make it stop!!

7th Heaven has been done. It was alright on daytimes, years ago, but no more! Same storylines over and over.

Channel 10 should really invest in some new shows/movies. They have repeats of everything and anything, in ratings or non-ratings period.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:33 am
I think the story lines are interesting before I use to think they were a tad boring.
FREE SCHAPELLE
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:22 am
No offense, but you're all SO typical! New episodes are pitiful, if you like the new ones then you like Big Brother and The Bachelor. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd seasons all had a POINT. Now it's just repetitive and boring. I know none of you watched it when it was on middays, because that's how I got hooked, and I don't get hooked to cheap, boring coochie-coo shows like it is now.
Bafta Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:08 pm
nicely put licky_lachey, i watched some of the first ep of the season then decided that it has gone down hill to far and i am not going to watch another ep of it.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:27 pm
Well thankyou! Nice to see somebody around here has taste.
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies