What About Brian

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 9,674.60
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:58 am
[b:3e6bd7d85f]Former 7th Heaven star, Barry Watson plays the title role in the new drama series, What About Brian. It is premiering on the American ABC network in March 2006, if it rates well, we here in Australia are likely to see it on Channel 7 Mid-Year. J.J. Abrams [i:3e6bd7d85f](Lost, Felicity)[/i:3e6bd7d85f] has worked as an executive producer on the show.[/b:3e6bd7d85f]

[quote:3e6bd7d85f]Brian is the guy everyone wants as a best friend. He's the guy who'll stand by you at your wedding, drive you to the hospital, cheer your kids on at their little league game... the guy who every wife dotes on and every husband wants to either grab a beer with or live vicariously through him. But as all of his friends pair off and Brian emerges as the last bachelor standing, questions begin to arise in his head: Is there such a thing as Miss Right? Why does love have to be so complicated? What is his problem with commitment? And the most pressing question of all, could all of his problems stem from the fact that he is harboring a crush on his best friend's girl?

At 34, Brian is the last single guy in his group of friends: his best friend Adam was going to break up with picture-perfect Marjorie but proposed instead. Brian's sister, Nic, and her boy-toy husband, Angelo, are trying hard to have kids. The bohemian Dave and Deena have three little girls and no sex life. And, like all married people, they can't wait for Brian to join their "club," though they're not exactly sure why. As for Brian, well, he's a serial monogamist but still holds out hope that one day he'll open the door and be blinded by love.

What About Brian is from the producers of Lost and Alias and the screenwriter of City of Angels and For Love of the Game. [/quote:3e6bd7d85f]

[b:3e6bd7d85f]CAST[/b:3e6bd7d85f] - Barry Watson: Brian, Matthew Davis: Adam, Sarah Lancaster: Marjorie, Rick Gomez: Dave, Amanda Detmer: Deena, Raoul Bova: Angelo, Rosanna Arquette: Nic
Last edited by ryan1890 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img31]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/ryan_1890/ch-keyart.jpg[/img31]
[b31]AFTER ALL NEW MEDICAL EMERGENCY[/b31]
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:13 am
[quote:41ab4a0133="ryan1890"]J.J. Abrams (Lost, Felicity) created the show.[/quote:41ab4a0133]

He only executive produced this. He did not create it.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:27 pm
[b:7b9af36c3a]What About Brian[/b:7b9af36c3a] premieres in America on Sunday April 2 at 10:00pm, after Desperate Housewives. Then, the following night (April 3) the show moves into its regular timeslot of 10:00 Monday, until the U.S. ratings season ends mid year.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:35 pm
What About Brian will now premiere on Sunday April 16 in the U.S.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:57 pm
The show now has its own website within the ABC website.

[url]http://abc.go.com/primetime/whataboutbrian/[/url]

A more detailed 'about the show' section has also been added. Here it is for Tv Aus users :

[quote:e976d251bb]From the producers of Lost and Alias and the screenwriter of City of Angels and For Love of the Game comes a contemporary, heartwarming ensemble show about a group of supportive friends in various stages of romantic relationships and friendships living in Los Angeles.

There are the just-married Nic and Angelo, the seemingly happily married Dave and Deena and the newly-engaged Marjorie and Adam.

But -- what about Brian? Of this close-knit group of friends, everyone else has paired off, while Brian has emerged as the last bachelor standing. At 34, regardless of his run of bad luck in matters of the heart, Brian still holds out hope that one day he'll open the door and be blinded by love. However questions about his fate have been popping up more frequently in his head. The most pressing question is – and it's one that only he can answer -- could all of his problems stem from the fact that he is harboring a crush on the picture-perfect Marjorie, his best friend's girl?

Adam, Brian's best friend since childhood, was going to break up with Marjorie but found himself proposing to her instead. He's a lawyer and Marjorie is a pediatric surgeon. Their busy lifestyles leave them little time to plan their upcoming wedding and, oddly enough, that seems to have given them more time to re-evaluate whether they're indeed doing the right thing.

Brian's fortysomething sister, Nic, and her boy-toy husband, Angelo, are trying hard to start a family, but something's not right. Nic's high-stress work as a record executive and Angelo's fledgling acting career have created some anxiety in the new marriage. Now they're torn between conceiving a child the old-fashioned way or using modern medicine to speed up the process.

Dave, who runs a video game business with Brian called Zap Monkey, is married to stay-at-home mom Deena. They've been together for 13 years, have three little girls and a lackluster sex life. This prompts the frustrated and unconventional Deena to suggest to the more content Dave that they consider having an open marriage. Like all married people and their single friends, they can't wait for Brian to join their "club," though they're not exactly sure why.

What About Brian stars Barry Watson as Brian, Matthew Davis as Adam, Sarah Lancaster as Marjorie, Rick Gomez as Dave, Amanda Detmer as Deena, Rosanna Arquette as Nic and Raoul Bova as Angelo.

The creator/executive producer of What About Brian is Dana Stevens and the executive producers are J.J. Abrams, Jeff Judah, Gabe Sachs, Thom Sherman and Bryan Burk. The co-executive producer is Dan Lerner. The producer is Carol Trussel. The series is produced by Touchstone Television in association with Bad Robot and will premiere in April 2006.[url][/url][/quote:e976d251bb]
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 247.50
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:37 am
Sounds funny, but I can't see it lasting very long it this format as The engaged couple have to either get married or break it off eventually and then "What about Brian?" ;)
I may be a geek, but it's one of my endearing qualities.
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 975,954.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:52 pm
This show looks great.....like i need a new show though.

But this will run in the off seaosn, so i love it already. Yes something to watch when the other shows go off.

here is what Kristin had to say in her article this week:

[quote:43a9b54dfd]Yes, the stars of ABC's new drama What About Brian? are the latest match made in JJ Abrams heaven--both onscreen and off--proving his casting crew has an impeccable eye for real chemistry. And thankfully, this real-life romance isn't the only thing this series shares in common with the other shows attached to that Mission: Impossible III dude's name. Like its predecessors, Brian is good.

Matt Davis, Sarah LancasterWhat About Brian? debuts Sunday, Apr. 16, at 10 p.m., temporarily taking the place of a little show by the name of Grey's Anatomy before it moves to Monday the next night. And I gotta tell ya, since I saw this pilot ages ago, I'm over the moon we can finally dish about it.

Here's what you need to know about Brian: It's a straight-up relationship drama about a guy named Brian (duh), played by Barry Watson, who realizes he's in love with the girlfriend (Everwood's Sarah Lancaster) of his best friend (Matthew Davis). Brian is also the only single guy among all of his paired-up friends.

Barry WatsonSo, for you keeping score, we now have a love triangle, angst, unrequited romance, two cute boys, one cute girl and a real-life couple. At the risk of oversimplifying, it's almost as if our girl Felicity Porter grew up, got a sex change and worked out her hair issues. (Meaning: In a few short episodes, you will be completely and totally sucked in.)

Naturally, as with all JJ Abrams shows, his team has managed to cast some of the most normal and lovable people in the Biz. I hung out with them last week at a party launching Veuve Clicquot's rosé champagne (you know the bubbly makes for good scoop!), and Matt revealed that although the pilot is sympathetic to Brian, "by episode six, all the fans will be rooting for my character, Adam." He joked, "They might rename it What About Adam?"

Sarah added that the second episode "slaps you with a new thought" about whom her character, Marjorie, should be with. "I mean, it's very much pro-Brian in episode one. Then in episode two, you really see what makes Adam and Marjorie work. And you see Adam's sensitive side. I think that was the writers' goal all along, to have the audience torn constantly, episode to episode. So, there'll be Adam girls and there'll be Brian girls."[/quote:43a9b54dfd]

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Archive2006/060407b.html
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:13 pm
Oh, I will check this out then if its its on during winter! :D
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 975,954.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:51 pm
we need something to watch :)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:57 pm
www.whataboutbrian.org - A new site for fans of the show!
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies