Jack & Bobby

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 20.00
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:02 pm
Anybody watch this show late monday night on ABC?

The show only lasted 22 episodes and was on the WB network but i stumbled into this after watching scrubs and enjoyed the pilot.

Here's a summary about the show:

[quote:56d14a038c]
If "greatness is thrust upon us," as Winston Churchill once said, then it stands to reason that those who are destined for greatness are rarely aware of it. Take Jack (newcomer Matthew Long) and Bobby McCallister (Logan Lerman, The Butterfly Effect) for example: two bright young brothers growing up under the watchful eye of their eccentric single mother Grace McCallister (Christine Lahti, Chicago Hope). Grace's personality is a force of nature destined to shape both of these young men's lives and secure one a place in the history books - as President of the United States.

Set in the fictional town of Hart, Missouri in the present day, the series details the relationship between these brothers and the people who shape their values and personalities, especially their mother. A brilliant college professor with an unconventional parenting style, Grace is struggling to let one son go and understand the other. Although she has no way of knowing she is raising a future president, it would not surprise her to know that her boys are destined for greatness. Jack is the big brother everyone wishes they had. A natural hero and a born leader, he seems to have everything going for him. He's the perfect role model for Bobby, who, with a big heart and a quick intellect, is nonetheless an undeniable social misfit. Bobby is caught between the rival forces of his mother and his brother, and it's impossible to please them both.

The arrival of a new college president and his beautiful daughter impacts the lives of all three McCallisters. In Peter Benedict (John Slattery, Mona Lisa Smile) Grace has met not only her new boss, but an intellectual equal. Peter is a brilliant businessman with a questionable character, and Grace finds herself both attracted and repelled by him. Peter's teenage daughter Courtney (newcomer Jessica Paré) soon strikes up a friendship with Jack and forms a special bond with Bobby. The brothers eventually learn that the brave front Courtney presents to the world hides a painful family secret.

Another pivotal figure in Jack and Bobby's childhood is Jack's best friend Marcus Ride (Edwin Hodge, The Alamo). Son of the owner of J.R., a popular neighborhood gathering spot, Marcus is close to Jack, but their relationship is also highly competitive. Over time, their friendship will be tested repeatedly.

Exploring the idea that what happens today in the life of one child could impact the future of the entire world, upcoming episodes will focus on the events that mold Jack and Bobby's characters and shape their values. While the McCallister's family life in the present day is explored, the audience will also see glimpses of what America may be like 40 or 50 years from now. What kind of President will it take to lead the country in 2040? What kind of world will this man inherit? How will Jack and Bobby McCallister make the journey from Hart, Missouri to Washington D.C. and what will their lives mean to every American?
In an era when political parties are more divided than ever, Jack and Bobby offers a look at a leader who truly unifies. His unlimited hope and optimism earns President McCallister the nickname "The Great Believer." Although the McCallister administration is not without controversy and even scandal, the underlying message is that one individual can still make a difference in the world. Each episode will be themed around some aspect of character. What makes someone inspiring? How valuable is faith or honesty? Is greatness born in a person or is it learned? The story of Jack and Bobby McCallister is the origin tale of a great leader.

With flash-forward interviews of White House staffers and the First Lady, Jack and Bobby is a snapshot of a young man being molded to beat the odds and become this mid-century's greatest Presidential leader.
[/quote:56d14a038c]

Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:10 pm
OMG!!!! I love Jack & Bobby!

Was it the first episode on Monday??? I downloaded the first two episodes just a few weeks ago.

I've been trying to download other episodes over the last few weeks without much luck, since the series was aired two years ago in the U.S. and was cancelled after the first season. There are hardly any torrents around.

This is so cool, and weird that they are airing it on ABC haha. It probably came bundled with The West Wing. I am so happy! This is such a coincidence that they just started airing this when I'm trying to download it. I love ABC!

By the way, it was co-created by Greg Berlanti who did Everwood for all those fans out there.

I suggest everyone to check it out! It's so good!
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:55 pm
[quote:bbd7ec9da2="crjeong"]
This is so cool, and weird that they are airing it on ABC haha. It probably came bundled with The West Wing. I am so happy! This is such a coincidence that they just started airing this when I'm trying to download it. I love ABC!

[/quote:bbd7ec9da2]

That's what i assumed, must some us presdient deal with Nine or something. Well done on ABC getting this series.

Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:58 pm
I'm so excited about this show, I just can't get over the fact its on tv here in Australia, and on ABC for that matter (no commercials! Woo Hoo!! It's so good!

I really wish this show lasted more than one season.

From the two episodes I've seen so far, it has excellent writing and the cast is really great.

It's going to fill the hole that Everwood has left behind for sure (well, while it lasts anyway).

SEE THE WB'S SERIES INTRODUCTION FOR JACK & BOBBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er_6WVsI_5U

Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:29 am
It's on tonight, 11:40, ABC. Check it out!!
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:25 pm
[quote:5e10cf85ab="crjeong"]It's on tonight, 11:40, ABC. Check it out!![/quote:5e10cf85ab]

I second that!

People should really take a look at this little show.

Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:46 am
So good! Can't wait for next weeks episode!
Oscar Nominee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:38 pm
I think we're the only two people watching this show. Again, another fantastic episode last night, enjoyed every minute of it.

Love the way they make this sort of a documentary, it does work really well. At the moment it seems strange that Bobby is the one to become president, even through he always tries to the right thing Jack would have to find him annoying. Find it strange that Bobby hangs out with his bigger brother at school, i feel sorry for jack, would be annoying to have your little brother hanging around the whole time.

Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:19 pm
Haha, I know hey, why aren't more people watching this show??

They must all be watching late night game shows....silly people.

Your're missing out on pure gold!!!!!!

Golden Globe Nominee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:29 pm
Man why aren't more people watching this show! It's so good!

Tonights episode was really good, as always. It sucks we have to wait two weeks to see the next episode though.

Oh well, I can't wait!!!
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies