Oz

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:43 pm
I'm pretty sure if there was a thread for this, it's long since disappeared...

Anyway, this great HBO drama returns tonight on SBS at 10pm. I'm not sure what season we're up to though... :thinking:

Anyone else a fan? It's a really gritty, hardcore drama set in a prison. A [i:de62dfe435]real[/i:de62dfe435] prison...this ain't no Prison Break! :wink:

In more good news, first season DVD comes out November 30! :dance:

Hollywood Walk of Fame Star
Cash on hand: 10.00
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:21 pm
I believe this is season 5. I've been waiting for 5 for a while but have the majority downloaded already and Season 6 I have on video as it aired on Foxtel about 18 months ago.
Cash on hand: 1,987.50
Bank: 49,423.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:51 pm
I use to watch it religiously, haven't for a few years now though...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:55 pm
Ah, it was great stuff tonight. :)

Been a while since I last caught it... missed it muchly!
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,925.80
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:28 pm
its more or less its a soap opera set inside a prison

but its a WHOLE LOT LESS candy-coated, and has a whole lot less cinematography than something you see on 7 like prison break

and its goddamn ADDICTIVE

the series has well and truly finished, i think it finished 5 years ago, and even though i know of a lot of the actors's post oz careers (most of them you have seen on law and order/ and lost) it doesnt take anything away from their performances

the characters

vern sillinger - spiderman's jk simmons plays the most despicable beast imaginable
karim said - was seen to be the most saveable
tobias beecher - the story always goes back to him
ryan o'riley - law and order's dean winters. cunning, full of agendas and manipulative
simon adebisi - the actor who played him has been seen on lost
miguel alvarez - is a total fruitcake
augustus hill - better known on the matrix as link and more recently lost's harrold perrineau. hes hardly ever on the show but hes the most brilliant narrator imaginable
keller - law and order's chris meloni

oh and the staff who work in the prison are not as clean cut either, namely the warden, nurse gloria nathan and mcmanus

actors who have made a curious appearance/cameo on this show

rita moreno - from the king and i
scrubs's - judy reyes (better known as carla) has been seen on this show - without makeup and she gets to swear heaps
luke perry makes an appearance
bd wong - better known for his work on the law and order franchise
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:12 pm
Incredible show this.

Tonight's ep was pretty horrible. That guard getting the excrement/vomit/piss thrown in his face was not nice, but there were worse things, of course. :wink:

The guard dog thing was interesting... :thinking:

Love the stuff with Ryan and Gloria, although, he seems to be in a bit of trouble now. Poor Cyril, too. :(

I can't believe how old this show is. :shock: Hasn't dated a bit, mind you.

Another thing, didn't mind the ad's this week. Don't like this new SBS, but, for Oz anyway, at least they're inserting the ad's in appropriate spots. Didn't ruin the flow too much for me, which is good. Gives you time to digest what's just happened too, which is great for a show like Oz. 50 minutes non-stop Oz can be a little too much. :wink:
Cash on hand: 9,674.60
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:00 pm
Season 1 of Oz will be released on DVD in Australia on Thursday February 15, 2007.

Here is the link to a website where you can pre-order your copy :
[url]http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/781334[/url]
[img31]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/ryan_1890/ch-keyart.jpg[/img31]
[b31]AFTER ALL NEW MEDICAL EMERGENCY[/b31]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:28 pm
Well, at this stage, that's when it's getting released. It's been rescheduled before. Here's hoping that date remains the same. :pray:

Also, double ep of Oz on SBS this week. Clashes with Nip/tuck which is kind of annoying, but whatever. That's what VCR's are for. :wink:

But 2 hours of it! Then Soprano's is on right after it.

Yikes- that's a fine 3 hours straight of quality television. Oh, and Nip/Tuck. :mrgreen:

Golden Globe Winner
Cash on hand: 15.00
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:29 pm
You've talked this up so much that i'm gonna try and watch it tonight. I'm sure i won't be disappointed. I better not be...*shakes fist*
[uf7][bf7][if7]Dollhouse[/if7] - Next Episode 'Vows' [/bf7][/uf7]
Buffy | Angel | Firefly | Dollhouse | The X-Files | Battlestar Galactica | Love My Way | Weeds | Six Feet Under | Twin Peaks | Dexter | Dead Like Me | Veronica Mars | Family Guy | Scrubs | Deadwood | The Wire | Desperate Housewives | Damages | 24 | American Dad | Skins | Rome | Arrested Development | 30 Rock | The Comeback |

Hollywood Walk of Fame Star
Cash on hand: 10.00
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:01 pm
Bit late to be coming in Glenn. There are only five episodes (including tonight's two) before the series is over, finished, gone.

I'm glad I checked the Foxtel IQ. Although this morning when I set it up to record it said "in this double episode", the IQ had in fact put them on two separate hours. I only discovered this at 10.50.
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies