Two Twisted

Like your Sci-Fi? Chat about your favourite shows, test your knowledge in the long running Sci Fi quiz, read about upcoming conventions or post your con reports! Come in and mix with the best :)
Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 0.00
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:03 pm
I have an agenda in starting this thread, i was watching law and order,
and in the commercials was watching the bad acting melissa george on this show,
but even pass that, im dying to know what the actual storyline was................
My fave BB Hm's:
meh, none at the moment.
Golden Globe Winner
Cash on hand: 7,220.40
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:02 pm
Hey Everyone,

I was unable to find a topic for this show already so I thought I would create it :wink:

Usually I never watch NBN (9) as theres nothing on the channel that I like (except for Comedy Inc. :dance: :dance: :dance: ) However when I heard Melissa George was going to be in the first episode I thought I would give it a go (me being the Alias crazed person I am). And (as evidence of me creating this topic) surprisingly really really really enjoyed it!!!! It was such a cool and different show.....I only wish Melissa was going to be in every episode....(for those who don't know the cast changes each episode).

Heres the official burb about the show:

[quote:124de8ae69]
Created and produced by Bryan Brown, Two Twisted is a dark anthology made up of seven one-hour programs. Each program has two self-contained stories. The worlds of the present, the future and the supernatural are the setting for this series of short mystery films.

In the tradition of Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Two Twisted is the follow-up to the highly successful Twisted Tales, which the Nine Network screened 10 years ago. Brown, the executive producer, originally conceived Twisted Tales as an actor wanting to return to old-fashioned live plays on television.

Brown wanted to make drama that was as interesting for the actors to perform as for the audience to watch. He also wanted to create an opportunity for fresh and talented writers and directors to emerge under the guidance of movie professionals.

A call for budding screenwriters to submit scripts for the series was put out in early 2005. Some 2400 entries were received and from these, 14 finalists were chosen. Directors were chosen in a similar fashion — asked to submit their reels for the chance to direct half an hour of prime time television drama.

The result is a collection of stories that are always sharp, sometimes spooky and never fail to surprise. This is home-grown drama with a sting in the tail, unlike anything currently seen on television.

The twist in the tales will keep you guessing when Two Twisted terrifies and delights on Monday nights from August 14 at 9.30pm.

Can you guess the twist in the tale?

Expect the unexpected with the star-studded Australian drama series Two Twisted.

The 14 stories in the series — from hot new writers and directors — feature a superb ensemble cast that includes Vince Colosimo, Melissa George, Alex Dimitriades, Jacqueline McKenzie, Aden Young, Deborah Mailman, Peta Wilson and Susie Porter, starring alongside a rollcall of Australian movie greats such as Sam Neill, Greta Scacchi, Garry McDonald, Steve Bisley, Bill Hunter, Wendy Hughes, Roy Billing and Bryan Brown.

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/section.aspx?sectionid=2743
[/quote:124de8ae69]

As I said I really enjoyed it and was wondering whether anyone watched it (seeing it is on 9 LOL) and what people thought of it?

So start watching if you haven't (Monday 9:30pm, on 9) get posting and tell us what you think about this unusual type of TV....

Weather Presenter
Cash on hand: 2.50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:48 pm
This is sort of a poor man's Twilight Zone but the Mellisa George episode wasn't too bad. I found some moments genuinely scary. The supporting cast gave some really bad acting... man, that took away from the show.

I didn't find the writers to be as 'hot' as the blurbs have made them out to be. The Lisa McClune episode had a 'frequency' rip off flavour to it that's been done. Bryan Brown seems just annoying... he always seems to be.

Hate to be such a hater. I'd love to find out what the hidden links are between the episodes. It's great to see a vehicle for some local talent and will keep watching it to see what else they got up their sleeves.
[img65]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/Peteandkess/web%20images/Animation3-1.gif[/img65]

Hollywood Supporting Cast
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:14 pm
I loved Twisted Tales when it was on like 10years ago but I'm too young to remember the Twilight Zone.

The connection for the first week was the book he wrote in the first episode was on the desk in the second.
The connection last night was the bicycle in the road
Reality Show Contestant
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:26 pm
i missed the first week. i heard it was better than last night's episodes. i hope they repeat them sometime.

anyway the first one last night was sort of predictable but still good. it reminded me of vanilla sky. the second one was freaky and weird.
even rocky had a montage

News Anchor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:29 pm
2 twisted
Last edited by The_Velocity on Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 1,987.50
Bank: 49,423.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:45 pm
yeah, I'm enjoying it. I knew it would be good, after seeing Bryan Browns "Twisted Tales" in like 1995 or 1996.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 882.50
Bank: 3,905,233.20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:06 am
Loving it....although the second story on monday was a bit iffy....the other 3 have been great.

I had been looking forward to this show for like a year when i first heard about it.

Hasn't really let me down yet...its fantastic...nice to see a bit of quality aussie programs on tv....hopefully 9 doesn't give up on it.
Logie Winner
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:37 am
I don't like it. One of the things I loved about the twilight zone in its day was that a lot of the stories took place in bright, sunny settings and it somehow made the whole thing a lot creepier. if anyone knows what im talking about send me an IM. But this is always dark and nothing happens for AGES... its exhausting to wait!
[b50]Lorelai:[/b50] "Guess who just nipped at my nose? Jack Frost!"
[b50]Michele:[/b50] "Guess who just nipped at my ear? Jack I-don't-care."
[img50]http://www.pinkprncess7.com/luke%20and%20lorelai.jpg[/img50]
Next

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy