Justice

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 975,954.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:17 pm
[imga4]http://www.fox.com/programming/new/images/justice.jpg[/imga4]

[ba4][size=24a4]Justice[/sizea4][/ba4]

From FOX.com

[quotea4]"From Jerry Bruckheimer, executive producer of "CSI" and "Without a Trace," comes JUSTICE, an unflinching, behind-the-scenes look at the way high-profile cases are tried in the media age. JUSTICE features a dream team of four lawyers from disparate backgrounds who join forces to tackle the most controversial and newsworthy cases. With their unique skill sets and the power of forensic law, this formidable team becomes indispensable to the law firm of Turk, Nicholson, Tuller & Gaines.

RON TURK (Victor Garber, "Alias," "Titanic") is the face seen on every media talk show in the country - and he wants it that way. He's great at landing a client, spinning a case and getting his way, but juries hate him. Standing behind Ron - as far away from the cameras as possible - is TOM NICHOLSON (Kerr Smith, "Charmed"), the heart of the firm. Tom is a brilliant litigator whose Everyman, earnest manner makes him Ron's alter ego. LUTHER GAINES (Eamonn Walker, "Oz"), famous in the African-American community, is well-connected, politically motivated and in possession of an uncanny ability to take a step back and assess the merits of a case from both the prosecution's and the defense's perspectives. ALDEN TULLER (Rebecca Mader, "The Devil Wears Prada") is a young, ambitious and brilliant clinician who approaches each case analytically, uncovering ways to destroy expert witnesses on cross-examination."[/quotea4]

I am not a massive fan of procedurals and the Jerry Bruckheimer outside of reality tv is usually enough to make me run a mile. But Victor Garber and Kerr Smith gave me reason to check out Justice and i am so glad i did.

I absolutely loved the pilot, it was slick, engaging, well written and looked a million bucks. There was not much to fault about the pilot. Sure it has the limitations of being a procedural, so don't expect too much character development. But the characters came accross surprisingly strong and the performances of the key (and supporting) cast was excellent. Massive props to Kerr Smith who has never looked or acted so great.

I really loved the whole look of the show, it had a great pace and as i said visually it came across really slick.

This is not going to be the show of the year or one i crave to see more of. But for a show of its type i loved it way more then i would have thought possible.

I am so interested to hear what others thought of this.
Last edited by VMars on Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:48 am
I have the pilot, haven't watched it yet. I'm not a big fan of this genre, but I hope to check it and see either way.

Just added spoiler to the name as well.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:31 pm
Yeah i wasn't sure if there woulkd be enough interest for a specific spoiler thread.

I have to say i watched it again and really enjoyed it the second time as well.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:20 pm
A nice review:

[b:de01c2cc6a]Justice: Trial by Television[/b:de01c2cc6a]

[quote:de01c2cc6a]If there were any justice, TV would ease up on the glut of crime and legal dramas. But that's hardly likely, and Fox's cynical Justice (Wednesdays at 9 pm/ET) knows it all too well.

Realizing how pointless it would be to try to reinvent the courtroom drama, Justice embraces the fact that our post-O.J. society is saturated with true-crime coverage and fake-crime stories. That's why TV itself (embodied by a fictional infotainment show, "American Crime") is a major character in Jerry Bruckheimer's latest fun-to-watch procedural.

As the head of a glamorous L.A. law firm, Victor Garber sheds the tight-lipped restraint of Alias' Jack Bristow and taps into his theatrical roots as cocky Ron Trott, "master of media spin." Juries hate him (which is why he usually lets his boyish partner, Dawson's Creek's Kerr Smith, argue in court), but the camera loves him. And vice versa.

[b:de01c2cc6a]With whipsawing fly-on-the-wall camera work, this fast-moving show follows Trott & Co. as they try to outmaneuver the DAs in every arena, most especially the electronic press. [/b:de01c2cc6a]Justice goes deep inside the process with focus groups and mock and shadow juries, while the lawyers coach the defendants on their role in this media circus. It's all an act, all about who has the most convincing story to present.

Each episode ends by showing whodunit (or, as in the pilot, howdunit). Here, though, truth is incidental. What matters is playing the game and, along the way, entertaining the masses who are watching at home.[/quote:de01c2cc6a]

Source: http://www.tvguide.com/TV/Roush/Review/

It was the pace and press scenes that masde the pilot memorable for me.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:37 pm
[quote:4c33e2737c="VMars"]Yeah i wasn't sure if there woulkd be enough interest for a specific spoiler thread.[/quote:4c33e2737c]

Well, if there are people who are going to watch it and want to talk about US screenings, better to have a spoiler topic. A normal topic can be started when it starts here in Australia.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:18 pm
The question is have you watched it yet?

I am dying to know if i was making too much of it?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:23 pm
I'll try and watch it next week sometime. Probably Monday or Tuesday.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:38 pm
Sturggled through 15 minutes of this - definatly not for me. Poor dialogue, way to flashy effects that drown out everything and over the top acting from everyone involved. Typical Bruckheimer stuff really IMO. I wont be watching.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:41 pm
[quote:af974e938b="aliasfanjay"]Sturggled through 15 minutes of this - definatly not for me. Poor dialogue, way to flashy effects that drown out everything and over the top acting from everyone involved. Typical Bruckheimer stuff really IMO. I wont be watching.[/quote:af974e938b]

lol, just me then, huh? :?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:43 pm
Sorry VMars. At least there'll be How I Met Your Mother! :lol: Maybe someone else will start watching this, but if its anything like the CSI topics here there wont be much discussion really. :shrug:
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies