Age Of Empires [PC]

Okay all you Gaming Geeks!!! Get in here!!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 3,201.80
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:58 pm
Does anyone else love these Age Of Empire games? I reckon they are the best PC games going round and their replay value is heaps good. I can never get sick of them.

I have the Age Of Empires II which is really good. I got it for free from my Uncle who works for Microsoft in Seattle. I then bought Age of Mythology which IMO is the best PC game ever.

And a couple of months ago I bought Age Of Empires III but when I played it on my comp it was glitchy. The other day my Dad went to get the comp checked for viruses and the bloke said our Power SHock or something wasnt connected which causes visual effects on games. I tried it yesterday and it works! So happy. Its a heaps good game and the graphics are very good.

Anyone play these games often? It is the only PC game I play often lol.
Rocking with Bon Jovi: Perth Dec 8th // Sydney Dec 17th // Sydney Dec 19th
pixel wrangler
Cash on hand: 3,193.50
Bank: 0.00
Mood: studious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:06 pm
Love the Age of Empire games. They are definately ones you can replay over & over again (can say this from experience :oops: )

When I first started playing AoE 3 Savvy... I had a glitchy problem & quickly realised I was due for an upgrade on my video card. These games really test out your system!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:31 pm
[quote:9cb9e8fdf5="CoffeePot"]When I first started playing AoE 3 Savvy... I had a glitchy problem & quickly realised I was due for an upgrade on my video card. These games really test out your system![/quote:9cb9e8fdf5]

Yeah they sure do! The little movie things at the start a really high quality!

We always got a msg when we turned on our computer saying something about a cable being unplugged or something but we always thought it was nothing.. but wallah! it was lol.
pixel wrangler
Cash on hand: 3,193.50
Bank: 0.00
Mood: studious
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:12 pm
[quote:fbf1a2f241="Savvi"]Yeah they sure do! The little movie things at the start a really high quality![/quote:fbf1a2f241]
Yes, those movie clips in the game are awesome ... fantastic quality. :) Just no good when your video card is having a heart attack trying to keep up. :wink:

[quote:fbf1a2f241="Savvi"]We always got a msg when we turned on our computer saying something about a cable being unplugged or something but we always thought it was nothing.. but wallah! it was lol.[/quote:fbf1a2f241]
LOL Savvi... you were lucky that your computer was nice enough to give you that warning message.... usually you just get a cryptic message or the BSD (blue screen of death).

Glad to hear you have your system up & running now anyway.

You've got me thinking of digging out my copy of Age of Empires yet again.... :shifty:
Cash on hand: 7,484.00
Bank: 547,683.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:02 pm
Hmm yeah, the AoE games always got good play in my household, especially the Lan games :D . AoE seems, or had seemed, to be amongst the cream of the RTS crop for a while. I haven't played AoE 3 for a long while though, mainly because I got stuck on this level where you had to take over the big cannon from that secret knights society, then I naturally got bored :P . I guess generally, I don't mind RTS games, but I not sure if it is my most favourite genre of games, but if you ask me what is I wouldn't really know anymore, especially as I don't play games much these days :P . I think I might be liking more the sports and simcity-like games, but those were ages ago too.

I just miss lan games, UT, AoE, Starcraft.. :( . Anyone planning on going to the next WALAN (West Australian LAN party) or has attended the event before? I haven't been to one and am curious what it is like. I've checked out the site and the relevent info.

www.walan.org
TVAus Signature Competition #6 - FINAL ROUND (Sig Comp #7 Sig) Sigs now in thread - Come check them out and feel free to comment!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:58 pm
No I havent been to one before Cellar Door...

We should set up a game and verse each other some time... Me, Cellar Door, CoffeePot and whoever else wants to play...

We'll have a TVAus tournament ;). However it wouldnt last long as I would flog your asses :P

We need to set a date! Anyone interested?
Cash on hand: 7,484.00
Bank: 547,683.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:14 pm
Yep, Im interested. Maybe we could over a netgame. Our ping should be good! :D .

I only have old games, and some of mine are warez :shhhh:

I have:
Warcraft III (not sure online games work there, doesn't seem to)
Hidden and Dangerous 2 (online works - 200 ping and all :P )
AoE 3 (not sure online)
Unreal Tournament (2000) (online works)
Football Manager 2006 (online works, I think)
Civilization 3 (online works)

Sorry if my game collection isn't too compatable, I need some new games anyway, but I don't have the space :( .

And yes, you & probably everyone will probably kick my arse, I generally suck at most games and I'm not afraid to admit it :P
TVAus Signature Competition #6 - FINAL ROUND (Sig Comp #7 Sig) Sigs now in thread - Come check them out and feel free to comment!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:41 pm
[quote:cc7321ac88="Cellar Door"]Yep, Im interested. Maybe we could over a netgame. Our ping should be good! :D .[/quote:cc7321ac88]

Great! Well that is 2 who wanna play. Once I get another player we'll set a date :D

Golden Globe Nominee
Cash on hand: 5.00
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:08 am
i would be up for a online aoe2 game, but cheats have to disbaled and fog of war disabled
Check out the TVAus member groups on: (Flickr Groups) - (MySpace Groups) - (Facebook)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:25 pm
[quote:0b766aad13="peachey"]i would be up for a online aoe2 game, but cheats have to disbaled and fog of war disabled[/quote:0b766aad13]

Cheats would definately be off but what is Fog Of War?

CoffeePot cant join us if we do have one, so Cellar and Peachey should we set a date?
Next

Return to Gaming