Weeds (SPOILERS)

FlashForward, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, 24, Bones, The Good Wife, House, Heroes, Lost, The Big Bang Theory
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 975,954.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:29 am
[size=24:662c62d462][color=green:662c62d462]WEEDS
[/color:662c62d462][/size:662c62d462]

http://cache.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Images2006/150.parker.weeds.032306.jpg

Well season 2 starting shooting today and i wanted to discuss the upcoming season with other people who ahve seen the first season.

The following is taken for Kristin's weekly column on Eonline. There are no specific spoilers, but just to be safe.

[spoiler:662c62d462]Weeds Is Back! (On Set): With the hundreds of fans that turned out to see the cast of Weeds last week at the Museum of Television and Radio's Paley Festival, I could only assume that Mary-Louise Parker is used to being approached by us diehards of the show. But when I asked, "Do people come up to you on the street?", she countered, "And ask me for pot?! No, I live across the street from a park with a lot of drug trafficking, so people can get their pot over there very easily. They don't need me."

Mary-Louise ParkerUm...maybe. But the citizens of Agrestic do need Nancy Botwin. Thankfully, the second season of Weeds actually starts shooting today, and the whole cast has ideas about where they want creator Jenji Kohan to take their characters. "I want it to get as dark as possible," Parker told me. "I want it to be as dark and black and messy and hard and ugly as possible." If you thought the first-season finale was dark, it sounds like she may get her wish. "That last episode was sort of the pilot for the upcoming season," said Tonye Patano (Heylia). "My lovely nephew decided to go behind my back and branch out on his own with Nancy. I have a feeling I'm gonna find out and somebody's gonna pay."

Heylia's lovely nephew and Nancy may be up to more than just a new business venture. Romany Malco put it this way: "If you was feeling Conrad in the last episode, you're really gonna be feeling Conrad from that point forward. Me and Mary-Louise, we got a couple of big surprises for y'all, so don't give up on me. I know I smashed with Elizabeth, but that doesn't mean that it's over for me and Mary-Louise."[/spoiler:662c62d462]

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Archive2006/060324c.html[/spoiler]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:51 pm
I have a feeling i am going to talk to myself in this thread, but with less then 2 weeks til seaosn 2 begins i can hardly contain my excitement.

Season 1 ended on such a key transitional period, that things in season 2 are going to be insane :)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:30 pm
Well season 2 has kicked off and i absolutely LOVED it.

I expect more people here this season......

Mary Loiuse Parker is brilliant!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I loved the whole episode.......especially Celia ruinning for city council and sanja (sp?) burning down the bakery for the insurance :)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:22 pm
Wow, What an awesome ep of Weeds :mrgreen:

This show can do no wrong IMO. It is just the perfect little show that knows and executes what it does perfectly.

That little bomb at the end was incredible.

Season 2 is going to be a killer!!!!!

Please tell me someone else is watching this too???
Cash on hand: 110.00
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:39 pm
I am. I just need to actually watch the episode now.
Cash on hand: 11,013.00
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:18 pm
lol, you know you're not alone vmars :P

i can't actually think of an ep of weeds that i haven't thoroughly enjoyed, and laughed during. it's a fantastic show, and it was the highlight of an otherwise dissapointing week of let down stargates, and the horrendous prison break premiere.

i did pick that it would happen, but the ending was just so great the way it played out.

i've talked to you about the movie saved before, but i can't believe it didn't click in my head until ep 2, that in both parker and the dea agent are in saved, and they hook up in it as well!

i'm really glad they picked up more from the weed alliance at the end of last season, but really, i'm just killing myself trying to find out how they'll get around this.

i SUSPECT, that they may have to off the dea agent!

and when oh when is perkins going to realise her friend is a bit pot dealer? it's funny to watch the scenes when they tease us with that, like the one in the kitchen.

oh, and how random is the son's relationship with the deaf girl? so funny.

this show is on fire, i can't wait for ep 3, but i'm not going to download the bad quality screeners, i'll be good!
[img05]http://i38.tinypic.com/2yoocbo.jpg[/img05]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:14 pm
[quote:16a1c21cc0="sherry is alive"]lol, you know you're not alone vmars :P

i can't actually think of an ep of weeds that i haven't thoroughly enjoyed, and laughed during. it's a fantastic show, and it was the highlight of an otherwise dissapointing week of let down stargates, and the horrendous prison break premiere.

i did pick that it would happen, but the ending was just so great the way it played out.

i've talked to you about the movie saved before, but i can't believe it didn't click in my head until ep 2, that in both parker and the dea agent are in saved, and they hook up in it as well!

i'm really glad they picked up more from the weed alliance at the end of last season, but really, i'm just killing myself trying to find out how they'll get around this.

i SUSPECT, that they may have to off the dea agent!

and when oh when is perkins going to realise her friend is a bit pot dealer? it's funny to watch the scenes when they tease us with that, like the one in the kitchen.

oh, and how random is the son's relationship with the deaf girl? so funny.

this show is on fire, i can't wait for ep 3, but i'm not going to download the bad quality screeners, i'll be good![/quote:16a1c21cc0]

lol, i was baiting you to reply :)

I love the whole celia being clueless it is so her character, plus the fact that her husband is a big pot head and doesn't really know. And the scnes with the daughter and the completely un-PC lesbian remarks are classics.

As for "off-ing" the DEA agent, as you so nicely put it......hrmmmmm

It seems too normal and boring to be just that.....i jsut hope Nancy doens't turn informant, that would be lame.

I too will avoid the screeners as i downloaded ep 2 and watched 2 minutes before deleting it and going back to be a patient fan :)

Oh, did you like the new version of Little Boxes???
Cash on hand: 11,013.00
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:04 pm
[quote:42b924efcc="VMars"]
Oh, did you like the new version of Little Boxes???[/quote:42b924efcc]

sure did. it was much better than the s2 premiere version, but i stil prefer the original :P

and yeah, he reason i thought they might go down the "lets off the dea agent who's just uncovered us" route, is because if she does become an infomant, it sorta spoils the show for good. she's going to need to make a new living, she'll be betraying her family/friends etc...

omg... i can't believe i didn't even think of this till now. what if he isn't a dea agent? or what if he's corrupt himself?

ok, i was too quick to jump the gun with the offing idea, there's lots of things they can pull on us. i guess that's half the fun :P

the other half, is all the hilarious unPC remarks from perkins. i still love the one about the retard and the helmet.
[img05]http://i38.tinypic.com/2yoocbo.jpg[/img05]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:35 pm
[quote:8e1ba55f65="sherry is alive"]omg... i can't believe i didn't even think of this till now. what if he isn't a dea agent? or what if he's corrupt himself?[/quote:8e1ba55f65]

omg.....thats sounds awesome!!!! :mrgreen:

I never thought about that, i mean he said hje is one, and has a gun. Not exactly concrete proff. And when he confronted Nancy he jsut said "I know you are a drug dealer"......maybe he wants in?

Whatever the case as you said, the guessing is half the fun......i dont think i will ever see whats coming before it happens.
Cash on hand: 1,917.50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:53 am
Just watched the first ep...

Quite liked it, dark and edgy sort of humour, with 10 year old's taking weed and calling other kids f-wad's and the like, which I appreciate muchly! Gilmore Girls this aint! :D

I think Mary Louise Parker is great! Only seen one ep, but I'm already glad she won the Golden Globe ahead of the Desperate Housewives! :D
Next

Return to Drama and Comedies