Twin Peaks (SPOILERS)

Like your Sci-Fi? Chat about your favourite shows, test your knowledge in the long running Sci Fi quiz, read about upcoming conventions or post your con reports! Come in and mix with the best :)
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:43 am
Collider wrote:New TWIN PEAKS Episodes to Air on Showtime in 2016; David Lynch to Direct

Twin Peaks creators David Lynch and Mark Frost both tweeted “Dear Twitter Friends: That gum you like is going to come back in style. #damngoodcoffee” last week and now we know why. A new Twin Peaks video just popped up on YouTube, and on the official Showtime channel nonetheless. It’s been 23 years since the final episode of the show’s second season aired on ABC, but in 2016, Showtime will bring it back.

According to the brief promo, the new iteration will pick up 25 years after the original run wrapped up. Lynch and Frost are busy writing the scripts and Lynch is also set to direct all nine episodes as well.

Showtime just made the official announcement; Twin Peaks will go into production in 2015 and will debut in 2016 to coincide with the 25th anniversary of when the show last aired. This will not be a remake or reboot. It’ll take place in present day and run with plot points that were developed in the first two seasons while “providing long-awaited answers for the series’ passionate fan base.”

Here’s what Showtime Networks Inc. President David Nevins had to say:

“What more can I say – TWIN PEAKS with David Lynch and Mark Frost on SHOWTIME in 2016. To quote Agent Cooper, ‘I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.’”

Lynch and Frost added this:

“The mysterious and special world of Twin Peaks is pulling us back. We’re very excited. May the forest be with you.”

In case you need to catch up or just need a Twin Peaks refresher, Showtime will re-air the first two seasons prior to the commencement of the new one in 2016. Here’s the press release’s synopsis of the cult series:

Widely considered one of the most groundbreaking and influential broadcast series of all time, TWIN PEAKS followed the inhabitants of a quaint northwestern town who were stunned after their homecoming queen Laura Palmer is shockingly murdered. The town’s sheriff welcomed the help of FBI agent Dale Cooper, who came to town to investigate the case. As Cooper conducted his search for Laura’s killer, the town’s secrets were gradually exposed. The mystery that ensued set off an eerie chain of events that plunged the inhabitants of Twin Peaks into a darker examination of their very existence. Twenty-five years later, the story continues …

Collider wrote:TWIN PEAKS Miniseries Details: How It Happened, Returning Characters, Answers to Burning Questions, and More

Who’s got hankering for cherry pie? This morning the swell news arrived that Showtime has ordered a 9-episode Twin Peaks miniseries from creators David Lynch and Mark Frost, with Lynch poised to direct every episode for a 2016 debut— 25 years after the original show ended. Obviously there are many questions to be answered about this continuation, and Frost took part in a number of interviews this morning to shed some light on what fans can expect from the new Twin Peaks.

Speaking with TV Line, Frost said this revival has been in the works for about three years now:

“David and I stayed in touch and remained closed friends throughout all these years. It was about three years ago this summer we were having lunch at [famed Hollywood eatery] Musso & Frank, where we often used to go. And we were just kicking stuff around and we started getting some ideas in our heads about Twin Peaks. Suddenly, it felt like a place we wanted to visit again. And that was the kickoff.”

When asked if he sees these new episodes as “Season 3” of Twin Peaks, Frost said:

“Not really, but just because my brain doesn’t work that way. I’ve always said that Twin Peaks to me was like a novel we filmed every page of. So this is more like we found another volume of the saga, and now we want to bring that to life too.”

While cast deals likely haven’t begun to materialize just yet, Frost told Deadline that fans can expect a number of familiar faces:

“I think the fans would like to see and we would like to see as many of the old familiar faces as possible and a lot of new faces as well. We are going to keep that in mind as we start to work and hopefully everybody’s story will get some attention.”

With regards to learning from past mistakes (ie. some of Season 2), Frost told HitFix this new Twin Peaks limited series will have a very strong central narrative:

“I think what we’ve learned is you’ve gotta have a very strong central path through the woods. It’s fine to have tributaries and streams, and little byways, but ultimately, that path through the woods has to be very dark, clear and dangerous. That’s the path we’re going to keep to. There’ll be, I hope, a healthy percentage of delightful sidelines or paths off to the side, but there aren’t any shortcuts. You’ve gotta follow that main path.”

In speaking with HitFix, Frost also addressed the cliffhanger ending of the season two finale:

“At the time, we were doing whatever we could to get ABC to say yes to a third season. That was very much part of our thinking. It turned out to be a pretty good stopping place, if it had never gone anywhere else, it had at least had an exclamation point at the end of it. Now we have a chance to write the next sentence.”

Finally, Frost told Deadline that fans seeking answers to some of the questions from the original series may find some satisfaction in the miniseries:

“I think there will be a lot of things that people have wanted to know over the years that if they pay close attention, they are going to be satisfied.”

While 2016 is still a long ways off, I’m mighty excited to return to the world of Twin Peaks—especially with Lynch and Frost leading the way.

Teaser trailer:

Heard of the series but never watched it. Now I have a reason. ;)
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,358.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:29 pm
I had heard about the possibility of its return but it wasn't confirmed.

I bought the dvds on the recommendation from my sister, but haven't got around to watch it.

that's pretty cool that it's returning, an old series like this.

I'm sure/hoping the main star Kyle MacLachlan will return.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,920.80
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:25 pm
I'm sure/hoping the main star Kyle MacLachlan will return.

Too bad he worked on Sex and the City and all that in between though :?

But no, heres the song to get everyone in the mood for the show's return:->

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:13 am
it was originally said that original creator David Lynch didn't want to direct, now he has changed his mind and will direct all the episodes!

not only that, the episode number was said to be only 9, now it's gonna be 18!

http://moviehole.net/201590768twin-peak ... nt-doubled

still haven't seen the show, really want to. will do so before it airs for sure.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:34 pm
Season 3 begins in the US in May, just over 25 years after Season 2 ended.

I have yet to see the show but will have to catch up before then, it'll be exclusive to Stan.
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:40 am
this has just started in the US on Showtime and here on streaming service Stan.

I don't have Stan but I'll probably wait till it hits DVD, still have yet to watch Season 1&2.

it would be interesting to see, it's not every day a show comes back after 26 years!

I think everyone has come back to the show too, would be also interesting who has aged the most and not.
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:12 am
* Watches episode 2* (Im behind)

Well... that was necessarily terrifying :(
Cash on hand: 9,340.00
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:47 pm
David Lynch paid tribute to David Bowie on Sunday, after the late star made a posthumous cameo appearance in the latest episode of Twin Peaks: The Return.

After the original series ended in 1991, Lynch directed Fire Walk With Me in 1992, a feature film that served as a cryptic prequel to the beloved surreal drama. Bowie briefly appeared in the film, playing the mentally unhinged FBI agent Phillip Jeffries.

The rock icon, who died in January 2016, was reportedly supposed to play a part in the current revival series, but was unable to film his scenes before his death.

However, he still made an appearance in Sunday's episode -- through the use of archival footage shot for Fire Walk With Me -- in a scene that was part of a dream sequence FBI agent Gordon Cole (played by Lynch) described to Albert Rosenfield (played by the late Miguel Ferrer, who died in January after completing production on his scenes for the series).

The scene was brief, but the decision to use footage of the late icon instead of re-casting his character served as a sort of tribute to Bowie's legacy. Lynch also honored the rocker with a note at the end of credits, dedicating the episode to his memory.

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/entertainment/ ... spartandhp
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Cash on hand: 13,648.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:25 pm
Rayne wrote:David Lynch paid tribute to David Bowie on Sunday, after the late star made a posthumous cameo appearance in the latest episode of Twin Peaks: The Return.

After the original series ended in 1991, Lynch directed Fire Walk With Me in 1992, a feature film that served as a cryptic prequel to the beloved surreal drama. Bowie briefly appeared in the film, playing the mentally unhinged FBI agent Phillip Jeffries.

The rock icon, who died in January 2016, was reportedly supposed to play a part in the current revival series, but was unable to film his scenes before his death.

However, he still made an appearance in Sunday's episode -- through the use of archival footage shot for Fire Walk With Me -- in a scene that was part of a dream sequence FBI agent Gordon Cole (played by Lynch) described to Albert Rosenfield (played by the late Miguel Ferrer, who died in January after completing production on his scenes for the series).

The scene was brief, but the decision to use footage of the late icon instead of re-casting his character served as a sort of tribute to Bowie's legacy. Lynch also honored the rocker with a note at the end of credits, dedicating the episode to his memory.

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/entertainment/ ... spartandhp

That's an interesting fact. I didn't know that. Thanks Rayne ooX
Bowie looks like Harry High Pants in that picture :lol:
Oscar Winner
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:26 pm
Previous

Return to Sci-Fi & Fantasy