A Rant Space (Is now open)

Generally anything goes. Most topics of conversation are acceptable, so long as they fall in line with the forum's main guidelines. Be good... Be Happy :)
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 13,650.50
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:19 am
Yup, Startrack have hurled parcels over our fence before!
And speaking of couriers, I've been waiting for a parcel since November. I had a message on my answerphone by a woman with an accent I couldn't understand, telling me she was from CT Couriers (I got that bit) Something about a parcel from Korea (which is the one I've been waiting for) Something about checking the address, can't deliver, please phone this number (which I tried to listen to and write down about 20 times, tried calling 2 versions of what I'd managed to get - which were wrong. I Googled CT Couriers and found a number. It turns out there's something not correct about the address, so if I want it corrected and delivered it's going to cost me $13. Not an amount to kill me, but why should I have to pay for it to be delivered when I have already paid for delivery when I ordered the dress. So now I have to drive to the place and pick it up myself. It's been sitting there now for over a week as I haven't had chance to get there, but am going in about half an hour! Grrrr!
Sports Presenter
Cash on hand: 10.00
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:38 pm
The way we get screwed over by delivery companies in Australia is amazing. The package thrown through my front window was from the US. The sender sent a nigh on identical package to the UK at the same time they sent mine. The UK destined package was in the addressee's hands a week later. My package was in my hands a week... +30 days later. Where it was for that month only Australia Post knows, and they won't tell. Their tracking system even denied my article ever existed.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:39 pm
MadCapper wrote:The way we get screwed over by delivery companies in Australia is amazing. The package thrown through my front window was from the US. The sender sent a nigh on identical package to the UK at the same time they sent mine. The UK destined package was in the addressee's hands a week later. My package was in my hands a week... +30 days later. Where it was for that month only Australia Post knows, and they won't tell. Their tracking system even denied my article ever existed.

That's crazy. I reckon they get held up at the docks/customs.Who knows.
Some parcels I've had arriving from China have taken over a month. Sometimes I think the postman is walking it over here.
Sports Presenter
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:35 pm
I used to see a similar delay with Australia Post, but within Australia. Quite a few years ago I was posting DVDs around the place. I'd do up two identical mailers of discs and send one to a person in the UK and one to a person in Perth. Most of the time the person in the UK received the package, confirmed with a 'thanks, got it' email, before the person in Perth received his.
Cash on hand: 9,360.00
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Not so much a rant as a grumble....Next week we start all over again with the reality shows (and it's still non ratings!) Oh well I have quite a few episodes of Scandi Noir shows from SBS that I have recorded over the last few weeks until something different comes on.... :lol:
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:56 am
Rayne wrote:Not so much a rant as a grumble....Next week we start all over again with the reality shows (and it's still non ratings!) Oh well I have quite a few episodes of Scandi Noir shows from SBS that I have recorded over the last few weeks until something different comes on.... :lol:

Woo hoo! :<

:lol:
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,920.80
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:53 pm
Rayne wrote:Not so much a rant as a grumble....Next week we start all over again with the reality shows (and it's still non ratings!) Oh well I have quite a few episodes of Scandi Noir shows from SBS that I have recorded over the last few weeks until something different comes on.... :lol:

The thing is

Thats the trend

Just like the 90s when they had washed up movie stars migrate to tv in some serial

And so on... :<
Cash on hand: 167.00
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:45 am
Currently in the USA on a long overdue vacation and at my cousin's house he has cable and 2,500 channels to choose from and I still cannot find anything to watch :)

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Sports Presenter
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:36 am
MadCapper wrote:So what's your AP / Startrack experiences?

So here's what eventually resulted. AP eventually responded to my complaint (seems they apply every bit of haste to their complaints as they do to their deliveries) but never really apologised. The CSO did say that the complaint had been passed onto the local PO.

Scroll forward a few weeks and a parcel was delivered by Startrack and it turns out that the driver was the person that had offended (an Indian chaps as it turns out, I'd not clapped eyes on him to this point). He knocked! (woo, progress). After handing over the package he said he "had a letter". OK, bit odd, but I'll accept it. What he really meant was that the PO had received my complaint and had taken it up with him, not that he had a letter to deliver.

To cut to the chase, he simply did not comprehend what the problem was. The previous parcel had been delivered, so what was the issue? Didn't I like having parcels 'placed' through the window? He just didn't understand that the delivery or lack of of the parcel wasn't the issue, it was that he didn't even bother knocking, had simply stood at my window, shouted out 'hey fatso', tossed it through the open window (it landed with a thud) and left so quickly that he was driving off before I could even walk from the kitchen to the front room.

I supposed I should be grateful that the parcel actually made it to me instead of being dumped in the middle of a canefield (a van load of parcels was actually dumped in a cane field quite a few years ago)
Cash on hand: 30,560.00
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:17 am
Begin rant/
Why do 4 tv networks feel the need to send their Sydney based morning show hosts somewhere to "report" on news that hasn't happened yet? (Or indeed even if it has happened ... those people add nothing to the information stream). I had the tv on for half an hour this morning waiting for one of them to tell me what happened in the world overnight, but no, not one of them gave me anything but slightly hysterical drivel about a cyclone approaching Qld.
I gave up when one of those claimed "most experienced reporters" , Sam Armitage, asked the Qld premier if she had warned the insurance companies of the impending cyclone. Jeebus. :roll:
/end rant. Thanks for listening. ;)
PreviousNext

Return to General