NRL & AFL Footy Shows

Show your colours - join the AFL & NRL 2011 Tipping Competitions ..Basketball, Cricket, Tennis, A-League and all other sports. ..it's all here in the Locker Room.

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 108,414.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:54 am
The AFL Footy Show:
Garry Lyon will not be returning to the show any time soon, due to him battling depression and an on-going feud going on with Billy Brownless. Rebecca Madden has been announced as Lyon's replacement as co-host, and her role begins next Thursday. I hope she fits in well.

The NRL Footy Show:
The show this year is now airing on Wednesday nights instead of Thursdays, due to the NRL being played on Nine on Thursday nights. The ratings for the show so far this year has been dreadful. I tune in and out of the show, and find it crap a majority of the time I tune in. At least the Sunday Footy Show is good. Nine should axe the Wednesday Footy Show and replace it with Footy Classified.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:54 pm
thoughts of both Footy Shows in the last year, anyone?

The NRL version won the Best Sports Program at the Logies this year. A shame, really, because I think the show has been stale for some time now.

The AFL version has a new addition - Craig Hutchinson. He replaces James Brayshaw. I think Hutchy is still trying to settle in, but its not working out at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:17 am
Craig Hutchinson is gone as host of the AFL Footy Show. Eddie Maguire is to return as host this week (or is it next week?)
Cash on hand: 9,412.50
Bank: 804,267.00
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:15 pm
Channel Nine has axed founding host Paul Vautin from the Logie-award winning The NRL Footy Show as the program undergoes its most dramatic overhaul in 24 years.

Footy Show executive producer Glenn Pallister this week told Vautin, who is holidaying in the US, the show would no longer exist in its current format and he would not be a part of it. Vautin has one year of his contract to run and is likely to spend it in the commentary box calling matches.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/paul ... 017-gz2i8h

It appears as though the fate of the NRL Footy Show is sealed, with Darryl 'The Big Marn' Brohman confirming that he will not be returning in 2018.

As it stands, Brohman was off-contract with Nine at the end of this year.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/ne ... -departure
The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer
Cash on hand: 167.00
Bank: 1,262,341.40
Mood: feeling festive
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:07 pm
Rayne wrote:Channel Nine has axed founding host Paul Vautin from the Logie-award winning The NRL Footy Show as the program undergoes its most dramatic overhaul in 24 years.

Footy Show executive producer Glenn Pallister this week told Vautin, who is holidaying in the US, the show would no longer exist in its current format and he would not be a part of it. Vautin has one year of his contract to run and is likely to spend it in the commentary box calling matches.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/paul ... 017-gz2i8h

It appears as though the fate of the NRL Footy Show is sealed, with Darryl 'The Big Marn' Brohman confirming that he will not be returning in 2018.

As it stands, Brohman was off-contract with Nine at the end of this year.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/ne ... -departure

This is long overdue ... it should or he should have been axed a long long long time ago.

Now, if we can get rid of that obnoxious Sam Newman then I will be happy.

Winner of the 2012 and 2013 TVAus AFL Tipping Competitions
Previous

Return to The Locker Room