The 2013 Federal Election

Discuss news and current affairs. Please enter with an open mind. Strictly no personal attacks.
Who do you think will win the 2013 Federal Election?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:03 pm

Australian Labour Party
9%
Liberal/National Coalition
45%
Greens
No votes
Clive Palmer United Australia Party
18%
Don't care
27%

Total votes : 11

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 4,577,822.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:59 pm
Jayel wrote:Are you trying to say that I'm officially old Mr C? :<|

:lol:

The reason i don't like it is because i really really don't like Tony Abbott and his policies. Labor was for the people with their policies, Abbott is for big business and big profit despite what he said last night. Put it this way i'll believe it when i see it that he is for the people. Everyone has their sides so thats fine but i still can't believe Abbott is the PM. If it were Turnbull then i might be a bit different but its not.

All i can say is i am glad i have the NBN because there was no way i'd spend $3000+ on getting a cable from my sidewalk to the house. Bloody ridiculous.
Oscar Winner
Cash on hand: 10,925.80
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:11 pm
Critics from progressive countries other than Australia are mocking Australia for electing a backwards thinking prime minister

Alas we get the final laugh as they wont be coming to Australia, not by boat anyway :<
Cash on hand: 30,542.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:13 am
greysfan wrote:the moron leading the party who doesn't even know how to speak properly

Interesting. A comment (not from a Lib apologist afaik) on one of the coverages on Sat night praised Abbott for the clear and precise manner of his speech. Personally - even though he's not the best- I prefer his manner to the utterly unctuous and insincere ooze of KRudd. That man makes my skin crawl.

greys fan wrote:All i can say is i am glad i have the NBN because there was no way i'd spend $3000+ on getting a cable from my sidewalk to the house. Bloody ridiculous

Even though I live about 30kms from Parliament House I don't believe the NBN was ever coming down my road - ffs we can't even get mobile phone coverage except via TelstraRipOffService.

So, I feel dudded by my election day experience ... I've been reading everywhere about the "democracy sausage" and the great sausage sizzles at the polling booths. Not a THING at our local ... Not a sausage, not a cake stall, no queueing around the block, nothing. Boooooo!
Cash on hand: 2.50
Bank: 4,298,345.30
Mood: feeling under the weather
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:59 pm
I was told after the 2010 election that because Rob Oakeshott was Lyne's representative that we'd get the NBN straight away. I seriously doubted it then, and three years later we still haven't seen a sign of it coming any time soon.

When we moved into our newly-built house in late December 2011, Telstra wouldn't let us get a normal phone line because the NBN cables were supposed to get set up. We had to go on stupid prepaid broadband (which cost an awful lot) for almost three months. Finally Telstra realised the NBN thing wasn't going to happen, and gave us the normal line. We were the only house in the street at that time. I hope our current neighbours appreciate what we had to go through. :|

Our current broadband isn't that good because it cuts out when the phone is used... for some stupid reason. And also it's very slow when it rains. But otherwise, it's satisfactory. I don't know what the LNP's broadband will be like, but as long as it gets rid of those two annoyances I'll be happy. ;)

cleo wrote:Personally - even though he's not the best- I prefer his manner to the utterly unctuous and insincere ooze of KRudd. That man makes my skin crawl.

Agreed.

cleo wrote:So, I feel dudded by my election day experience ... I've been reading everywhere about the "democracy sausage" and the great sausage sizzles at the polling booths. Not a THING at our local ... Not a sausage, not a cake stall, no queueing around the block, nothing. Boooooo!

There was a sausage sizzle at my polling place, but I didn't want it. As I stated on Twitter, I had "freedom-of-choice pizza" at home. ;)
Cash on hand: 13,598.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:06 pm
Platy wrote: I had "freedom-of-choice pizza" at home

:lol:
Previous

Return to News, Current Affairs & Politics