Stephen King Movies

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 57.50
Bank: 2,585,855.90
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:46 pm
Is anyone else a fan?? I love his work, i haven't read any books but I have a few of his movies and gonna see if i can track down some. I just recently watched It today and thought it was really good..

I know some of my friends have about 5 of his movies, I have about 4 of them.

What movies do you like and own? I know they are really hard to track down too :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Please Check out my blog thank you :) http://heartbloodbound.wordpress.com/
Cash on hand: 17,538.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:09 pm
oh hell yeah Im A Fan!! was gonna create a thread some time ago but never did, not sure if theres an old thread as the search function doesn't work. I haven't read any of his work, I do have the novel 'IT' but I heard that was so different then the movie. I love when Stephen has a cameo in some of his movies, wish he had a cameo in all of them much like Stan Lee and the comic book movies. love the one in Maximum Overdrive "this machine just called me an a**hole" :lol:

I own quite a few on dvd -

IT, Cujo, Carrie, 1408, Thinner, The Mist, Dreamcatcher, Desperation, Riding The Bullet, Silver Bullet, Christine, Maximum Overdrive, Pet Sematary 1&2, Creepshow 1&2, Children of the Corn, Graveyard Shift, Tales from the Darkside, Sometimes They Come Back, The Dark Half, Stand By Me, Misery, The Shining, Green Mile & Needfull Things (on vhs).

they are all great but If I had to pick 5 favorites they would be -

IT, Maximum Overdrive, 1408, The Mist & Thinner.

I do love Stand By Me & Misery though but they aren't horror stories. I think Maximum Overdrive is the only one he directed but I guess if you want something done right you gotta do it yourself. there are heaps more I have to see and are available in Australia, just gotta get them sometime.
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:52 pm
They made movies out of Desperation and Needful Things? Those are two of my favourite King books. I have read and seen Misery, IT, The Stand, Carrie, The Mist, The Green Mile and Pet Semetary. I've only seen Pet Semetary 1 so far, though. I was 10 yrs old, it was at a slumber party and it was scary. Haven't rewatched as an adult as yet.

Oh, and the Langoliers. I borrowed Four Past Midnight from the library and found out of the four short stories within, only the Langoliers was interesting. I had seen it on TV first, this was years ago in about '97 or something.

It's always fun seeing which parts of the book are included in the movie, but sometimes disappointing at what gets left out. Also disappointing when the acting/directing is a bit crap or remakes (like the handful of Carrie remakes) turn out to be lame, lame, lame.

Like the version of Carrie that has the alternative ending instead of the actual ending in the book.

Just rereading your post Cyborg, they also made a movie version of Cujo? Gee, I never knew this many King books had been made into movies and/or TV mini series.

Might have to check out the horror section of Civic Video and see what they have.
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
Cash on hand: 8,336.60
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:54 pm
The best one is easily The Shawshank Redemption.
Semper Fidelis
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:12 am
couch_potato wrote:Just rereading your post Cyborg, they also made a movie version of Cujo? Gee, I never knew this many King books had been made into movies and/or TV mini series.

oh yeah, they make every book of his into a movie at one time or another! even into TV shows like Kingdom Hospital and Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

just check out his IMDB page at the long list of his stories made into movies - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000175/

I have never read any of his stories but I remember seeing some of his movies at a young age, like IT. thats the one I remember the most, its the best one!
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 6,062.00
Mood: grooving
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:09 pm
Cyborg wrote:
couch_potato wrote:Just rereading your post Cyborg, they also made a movie version of Cujo? Gee, I never knew this many King books had been made into movies and/or TV mini series.

oh yeah, they make every book of his into a movie at one time or another! even into TV shows like Kingdom Hospital and Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

Hmm, I dunno. Maybe not every book? I can't see that The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon could ever make an entertaining movie.
In the beginning of the book the girl in the title becomes lost on a walk through a forest, and the rest of the book is just her on her own. Would make for a rather unexiting movie.

Ah bane, you reminded me that I have also seen Shawshank Redemption, which was very good indeed. Also, Firestarter with Drew Barrymore as the little girl who can start fires. Oh aaaand, Dreamcatcher, which I thought was strange but then considering the book version is pretty weird itself I guess that should be no surprise.
Tony: "I'm not getting any reception. How about you?"
Ziva: "I'm braless"
Tony: "I noticed that earlier. But on your phone, they're called 'bars'"

NCIS :)
Cash on hand: 13,733.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:35 am
I've seen quite a few of his films, but I must admit, I prefer to read his books.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:51 pm
I watched or tried to watch Red Rose last week, I say 'tried' cause its hard to sit through cause its so long.

its so long that its split onto 2 discs, a whopping 254 minutes I watched over 2 nights. it wasn't King's best work but could have been cut down in running time as theres lots of dialogue. I have no problem sitting through long movies like IT but this was just boring, although Stephen King's cameo surprised me which was the only highlight. I really hated Nancy Travis' character, really annoying and a real bitch.

I don't know, I expected better. 2/5
Cash on hand: 12,680.00
Bank: 975,954.30
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:54 pm
I really love the Rose red mini-series. It isn't a movie, so there is slower moments. But the storyline is very fascinating, plus the "special features"that pretend the storyline is based on real events are great viewing.

Plus it is creepy how David Dukes died while working on the show ;)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:50 am
just finished watching Dolan's Cadillac, its not a horror or supernatural movie but more of a revenge thriller. it is based on a 'short' Stephen King story and you wouldn't think he would write something like that but it was quite good. Christian Slater plays the bad guy well and his acting, especially towards the end wasn't too bad as well as Wes Bentley.

the story goes like this -
Spoiler: show
Wes Bentley's wife is a witness to human/women trafficing and murder and is seen by Slater. he catches up to her and has her killed. Slater and his men end up burying the women, some were alive still and some sufficated. Wes knows who he is and is mess, he is bent on revenge and buys a gun. Slater finds out Wes is trying to take him out but lets him live in the end.. big mistake. Wes comes up with a brilliant plan to get him back that Slater doesn't see coming (won't spoil that part)

Movie:

This movie was rated 3.0 stars out of 5
Next

Return to General Movie Discussion