Wonder Woman [DC]

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!

Golden Globe Winner
Cash on hand: 15.00
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:57 am
Wow. After all that time, he's not doing the film. Man, this guy has really copped some blows. Poor guy. Oh well, Goners will be coming our way soon!!! Hopefully...
[uf7][bf7][if7]Dollhouse[/if7] - Next Episode 'Vows' [/bf7][/uf7]
Buffy | Angel | Firefly | Dollhouse | The X-Files | Battlestar Galactica | Love My Way | Weeds | Six Feet Under | Twin Peaks | Dexter | Dead Like Me | Veronica Mars | Family Guy | Scrubs | Deadwood | The Wire | Desperate Housewives | Damages | 24 | American Dad | Skins | Rome | Arrested Development | 30 Rock | The Comeback |

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 4,218.10
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:14 am
I was watching the news the other night and saw Megan Gale being interviewed about her retiring from "Supermodelling". In the interview it said that Megan is going to star as Wonder Woman. So now I guess she'll be doing some "Supermodelling" of a different kind (Ah boom boom).

Here's a link... [url]http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23179565-5006011,00.html[/url]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 90.00
Bank: 2,238,962.90
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:00 am
According to that interview she has been cast in the role of Wonder Woman in the new [url=http://imdb.com/title/tt0974015/]Justice League of America[/url] movie as opposed to a stand alone Wonder Woman flick.

[quote:0e1f27f599]With speculation rife she had been cast in George Miller’s mega-flick Justice League of America, it seemed that just such a project had landed in her lap.

Gale was thrilled to confirm during our interview that she had bagged the role of Wonder Woman.[/quote:0e1f27f599]
I have also read elsewhere that they plan to 'spin off' characters such as the Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman into their own movies once Justice League has been released.
Hollywood Legend
Cash on hand: 2,155.80
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:14 am
Mmm, Megan has said heaps of times on Hamish & Andy that shes thrilled, excited etc. etc. about her new role. As far as stature goes, I think shes a pretty good fit, lets hop she can act!!! I've never seen anything that she has been in, although I know there are a few small things, mostly Italian.
pixel wrangler
Cash on hand: 3,193.50
Bank: 0.00
Mood: studious
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:34 am
[quote:6c9cb2637c="Robot"]According to that interview she has been cast in the role of Wonder Woman in the new [url=http://imdb.com/title/tt0974015/]Justice League of America[/url] movie as opposed to a stand alone Wonder Woman flick.

[quote:6c9cb2637c]With speculation rife she had been cast in George Miller’s mega-flick Justice League of America, it seemed that just such a project had landed in her lap.

Gale was thrilled to confirm during our interview that she had bagged the role of Wonder Woman.[/quote:6c9cb2637c]
I have also read elsewhere that they plan to 'spin off' characters such as the Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman and Wonder Woman into their own movies once Justice League has been released.[/quote:6c9cb2637c]
Yep... DC wants to have what Marvel did with the XMen franchise.
Wonder Woman was my hero while growing up (maybe still :shifty: ;))

[quote:6c9cb2637c="Sophie"]As far as stature goes, I think shes a pretty good fit, lets hop she can act!!! [/quote:6c9cb2637c]
Megan Gale does have the looks to carry this off... I'm hoping the same as you Sophie ;)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:50 am
[quote:005f9a984d="[url=http://cinemablend.com/new/Silver-Reignites-Wonder-Woman-Talk-8551.html]Cinema Blend[/url]"][b:005f9a984d][size=18:005f9a984d]Silver Reignites [i:005f9a984d]Wonder Woman[/i:005f9a984d] Talk[/size:005f9a984d][/b:005f9a984d]

That on-again / off-again Wonder Woman movie is back on again, at least according to producer Joel Silver. Keep in mind this is a producer who has sat on projects like Speed Racer for up to twenty years before actually having a movie made, but the producer insists that not only will Wonder Woman see the light of day soon, but that he has writers actively working on a script.

The news comes from IESB who talked with Silver at a Speed Racer press junket. Silver revealed he had writers working on a Wonder Woman script – the writers behind that spec script that Warner Brothers picked up last year when Joss Whedon was still working on the project. For those who don’t remember, the spec script was set in the World War II era, which Silver says will not be true of the final picture. So, they aren’t using that script, just the writer’s behind it: Matthew Jennison and Brent Strickland.

The focus of the movie will still be a modern day setting, although Silver says he’s returning to the idea of doing an origin picture, which was originally what they were trying to move away from. Expect to see Paradise Island and the background of Wonder Woman before (or as) you see her kicking baddie butt.

With Speed Racer complete, IESB asked if Silver was considering another team up with the Wachowski brothers for Wonder Woman. While Silver wouldn’t give a straightforward answer, he did say Andy had a pretty good idea for the film’s opening. Even if they don’t direct, something tells me to expect to see the Wachowski names on the project in some capacity, assuming this isn’t another false start for a Wonder Woman movie.[/quote:005f9a984d]
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:01 pm
[quote:81583f961b="[url=http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=13485&count=0]Worst Previews[/url]"][b:81583f961b][size=18:81583f961b]Jessica Biel Wants to be "[i:81583f961b]Wonder Woman[/i:81583f961b]"[/size:81583f961b][/b:81583f961b]

Back in 2007, Jessica Biel was reportedly in talks to star as the title character in a "Wonder Woman" film. Eventually, Biel passed and the project fell into development hell along with "Justice League of America."

Now Warner Bros is looking for a director for "Wonder Woman" and is still planning to develop "Justice League." Apparently, there are still two chances for an actress to star as the Amazonian crime-fighter, but is Biel interested in the role?

MTV News caught up with the actress to ask her just that. "If 'Wonder Woman' had the right script and it was really powerful and emotional and interesting, I would be into that kind of thing," she said. "I feel that sometimes the character development gets thrown to the wayside in those movies, and I'm really interested in that kind of thing. So if both the elements could be there — the physicality and a real developed character, whether it's a 'Wonder Woman' thing or a 'Justice League' thing — I'm open to it."[/quote:81583f961b]
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 16,354.10
Bank: 659,744.00
Mood: not sure
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:26 pm
Everyone either wants to play the role or has an opinion on who should.

Nelson Aspen (Sunrise) the other day mentioned he thought [b:7ea0658ad8]Catherine Zeta-Jones[/b:7ea0658ad8] should do it.
BRING BACK LETTERS AND NUMBERS
Sopranos Mobster
Cash on hand: 302.50
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:38 pm
I really wish this movie would be made. Wonder Woman is one of my favourite super heroes. And I'm a fan of the 70's tv series. Own all 3 seasons on DVD. Lynda Carter was amazing as Wonder Woman. And my god, have you seen her these days! She is still as gorgeous as she was back then! Lynda Carter is definitely the most beautiful woman in the world in my book.

But this film has been rumoured for so many years, fallen through every time. And every Hollywood actress has been rumoured to play her. Recalling the earliest was Sandra Bullock. But I guess its a project that, if not done right, it will flop big time. And I hate the idea of a big star Hollywood actress playing Wonder Woman. I want it to be an unknown actress. And I think for the storyline they need to go back to the original origins of Wonder Woman, she is an Amazon warrior. Take her back to her era during the world war... fighting Nazis. Take us back in time. It would be a bad idea updating Wonder Woman into our world fighting terrorists. That would be wrong!
Save The Bill Facebook Petition -
http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheBill
Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 47.50
Bank: 1,729,186.60
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:28 pm
^^ Nice idea for a "Golden Age" Wonder Woman film :wink: but from what I can gather WB wants to bring her into our time and align her into Batman's (Christian Bale) universe.

Here's a great example of what they can do for the film:

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(film)]Wonder Woman Animated Film[/url]
PreviousNext

Return to Movies