Page 469 of 472

Re: The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:13 pm
by ilis
Friday the 13th (1980)
Friday the 13th Part 2
Friday the 13th Part 3
Friday the 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter

Re: The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:24 pm
by Cyborg
nice, I might have a marathon in October since thats when the reboot was meant to come out.

Everest

good cast, not really focused on the more famous ones though. good cinematography, but not too gripping enough for me. kind of a slow burn, but looks great in HD. below is my rating for now, watched it in 2D but own a 3D copy so I'll check it out again one day so my rating might go up as I lost interest midway.

Movie:

This movie was rated 2.5 stars out of 5

Re: The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:26 pm
by Jayel
Moonlight - what is going on? Clearly there were very mediocre films to be rated this year. Was SO bored by the end!

Re: The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:44 pm
by ilis
Jayel wrote:Moonlight - what is going on? Clearly there were very mediocre films to be rated this year. Was SO bored by the end!


Really? Don't know if I will bother checking it out then.

NCIS: New Orleans

Re: The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:26 am
by Jayel
ilis wrote:
Jayel wrote:Moonlight - what is going on? Clearly there were very mediocre films to be rated this year. Was SO bored by the end!


Really? Don't know if I will bother checking it out then.

NCIS: New Orleans

Wait for it to come on TV. ;)

Re: The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:09 am
by Cyborg
I've been on the fence about if I should see Moonlight or not, probably will. been checking out nominated movies lately, mostly disappointed in them. saw 2 back to back today:

Loving

it seemed like they wanted this to be Oscar nominated, but there's a reason. it's kinda boring, the characters and scripture boring. perhaps since the real people were simple folk but this lacked much drama and didn't give me a reason to root for what they were fighting for. there needed to be more racism from the townsfolk or something. they did look like the real people though.

Movie:

This movie was rated 2.5 stars out of 5


Lion

now this one is one I really enjoyed. a truely sad story, he went through a lot as a kid. good acting from the kid too, you really felt sorry for him. can't really say too much about it, but I recommend it.

Movie:

This movie was rated 3.5 stars out of 5

Re: The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:10 pm
by ilis
A Cure for Wellness - Very weird and scary but I enjoyed it even though it was a bit too long.

Re: The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:57 am
by Cyborg
Hidden Figures

been seeing the award nominated movies and it's typically not one I'd normally be interested in but saw it anyway. I enjoyed it, it's not like the best movie ever but it was well acted and an interesting story that not many people would have known about. not too much to say about it but it didn't bore me, wasn't expecting to like it. most people love it and while I don't feel the same it was still decent.

Movie:

This movie was rated 3.5 stars out of 5

Re: The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:02 am
by Jayel
Cyborg wrote:I've been on the fence about if I should see Moonlight or not, probably will. been checking out nominated movies lately, mostly disappointed in them. saw 2 back to back today:

Loving

it seemed like they wanted this to be Oscar nominated, but there's a reason. it's kinda boring, the characters and scripture boring. perhaps since the real people were simple folk but this lacked much drama and didn't give me a reason to root for what they were fighting for. there needed to be more racism from the townsfolk or something. they did look like the real people though.

Movie:

This movie was rated 2.5 stars out of 5



We were going to watch that but the review actually sounded like it would be exactly as you say - glad we didn't bother.

Re: The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:05 am
by Jayel
ilis wrote:A Cure for Wellness - Very weird and scary but I enjoyed it even though it was a bit too long.

I haven't heard of that one. It sounds interesting.