The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 13,593.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:47 am
Lion - really good. Saw the doco a couple of years ago so knew the story. The film doesn't stray from the doco.

Hidden Figures - really good.
Cash on hand: 17,270.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:25 pm
some movies I've watched recently:

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

not bad, but thought it was ok at first. got better midway through, quite funny and the kid is great. but most of the time I couldn't understand what he was saying, like if he made a joke I didn't laugh cause of the accent.

Movie:

This movie was rated 3.5 stars out of 5

Keeping Up with the Jonses

typical neighbours find out somethings going on next door movie, we've seen it all before. not funny either.

Movie:

This movie was rated 2.0 stars out of 5

Yoga Hosers

Kevin Smith's latest movie, I saw if for free. glad I didn't pay for it, it was terrible. I could sit through it but didn't laugh out loud once.. maybe a couple of small chuckles. his daughter can't act for s**t and is just annoying. the fake Canadian accents were too much like saying "aboot" instead of "about" and I'd be quite offended if I were Canadian aye. it was just a bizarre movie, Kevin must have been on the weed when he wrote it and made it. it was cool to see Jay Mewes pop up and Johnny Depp's role was good but other then that nothing special. it's better then Tusk and Red State and that ain't saying much. I could sit through Cop Out, Zack and Miri and even Jersey Girl over this. it should have just been a Canadian version of Clerks, nothing else. I did like the nod to Clerks though "I'm not even supposed to be here today"

Movie:

Split

a pretty good performance from McAvoy, interesting personalities. it was dragging on a little bit but got better later on. what made it better was the twist ending, all I'll say is that it connects with another M Night movie. so they exist in the same universe.

Movie:

Manchester by the Sea

really overrated, I was getting quite bored. the acting was pretty good but for some reason I didn't even realise this movie's scenes was played out of order. it just wasn't obvious to me, cause something tragic happens midway through and afterwords I thought the family wasn't very emotional. the movie didn't click with me, it was a bit too long and while watching it I thought it would have worked better as a HBO TV Series or something. it's good but not great, doesn't deserve the love it gets.

Movie:

This movie was rated 3.0 stars out of 5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:06 pm
Cyborg wrote:

Manchester by the Sea

really overrated, I was getting quite bored. the acting was pretty good but for some reason I didn't even realise this movie's scenes was played out of order. it just wasn't obvious to me, cause something tragic happens midway through and afterwords I thought the family wasn't very emotional. the movie didn't click with me, it was a bit too long and while watching it I thought it would have worked better as a HBO TV Series or something. it's good but not great, doesn't deserve the love it gets.

Movie:

It was woeful, so gloomy and depressing - and Whatsit Affleck's expression never changed once!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:26 pm
The Great Wall

it wasn't too bad, it's just a big blockbuster with great special effects and good action. mindless popcorn fun.

Movie:

MATT DAMON!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:26 am
Fist Fight

saw this for free, and for good reason. knew beforehand it wasn't gonna be that funny, and I was right. if I did I'd feel ticked off. it has a couple of small funny moments but it was just mostly frequent swearing and sexual humor, how is that funny. sure Bad Santa has frequent swearing but at least it came with funny lines. the audience didn't laugh all that much either, and they were mostly teens.

yeah comedy used to be hit or miss but now it's just plain miss, Bad Moms was pretty funny but I don't remember many funny comedies in recent time. so if I can see a comedy for real cheap or free I'll see one but I really hope the next one surprises me and I find it funny.

Movie:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:56 pm
Fences

just saw it, glad someone won an award. at first I thought the movie was just ok but as it went on I liked it more, it's not the best movie ever but it had great acting. had no idea it was directed by Denzel, plus it was a play so it makes sense since it's mostly in one location. I must say though, it's a very talky movie. as soon as it opens its just non stop chatter, you hardly have time to take it all in. but yeah I liked it more then I thought I would, cause to me most award nominated movies are overrated to me. looking at you La La Land ;)

Movie:

Cash on hand: 6,600.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:45 pm
Rings - Not the best but I enjoyed it for what it was. If you liked the first one you will find this one interesting.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:57 pm
Cyborg wrote:Fences

just saw it, glad someone won an award. at first I thought the movie was just ok but as it went on I liked it more, it's not the best movie ever but it had great acting. had no idea it was directed by Denzel, plus it was a play so it makes sense since it's mostly in one location. I must say though, it's a very talky movie. as soon as it opens its just non stop chatter, you hardly have time to take it all in. but yeah I liked it more then I thought I would, cause to me most award nominated movies are overrated to me. looking at you La La Land ;)

Movie:

Too much living room talking for my liking in this one.
Watchable, but not overly exciting.
I've spoken to a lot of people who found La La Land much ado about nothing!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:19 pm
it's more about the acting performances, they were all great. it's not slow but it is a tad long.

glad La La Land didn't win best picture but it's entertaining enough, need to watch it again though.

gonna have to see Lion though soon.
Cash on hand: 6,600.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:05 pm
The Golden Girls
NCIS: New Orleans
PreviousNext

Return to Movies