The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 9560
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:57 am
Cash on hand: 7,107.50
Location: Brisbane
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:13 pm
Friday the 13th (1980)
Friday the 13th Part 2
Friday the 13th Part 3
Friday the 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 6114
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:05 am
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
Location: Adelaide
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:24 pm
nice, I might have a marathon in October since thats when the reboot was meant to come out.

Everest

good cast, not really focused on the more famous ones though. good cinematography, but not too gripping enough for me. kind of a slow burn, but looks great in HD. below is my rating for now, watched it in 2D but own a 3D copy so I'll check it out again one day so my rating might go up as I lost interest midway.

Movie:

This movie was rated 2.5 stars out of 5
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 32297
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:55 am
Cash on hand: 13,663.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Location: Somewhere In General
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:26 pm
Moonlight - what is going on? Clearly there were very mediocre films to be rated this year. Was SO bored by the end!
Image
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 9560
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:57 am
Cash on hand: 7,107.50
Location: Brisbane
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:44 pm
Jayel wrote:Moonlight - what is going on? Clearly there were very mediocre films to be rated this year. Was SO bored by the end!


Really? Don't know if I will bother checking it out then.

NCIS: New Orleans
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 32297
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:55 am
Cash on hand: 13,663.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Location: Somewhere In General
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:26 am
ilis wrote:
Jayel wrote:Moonlight - what is going on? Clearly there were very mediocre films to be rated this year. Was SO bored by the end!


Really? Don't know if I will bother checking it out then.

NCIS: New Orleans

Wait for it to come on TV. ;)
Image
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 6114
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:05 am
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
Location: Adelaide
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:09 am
I've been on the fence about if I should see Moonlight or not, probably will. been checking out nominated movies lately, mostly disappointed in them. saw 2 back to back today:

Loving

it seemed like they wanted this to be Oscar nominated, but there's a reason. it's kinda boring, the characters and scripture boring. perhaps since the real people were simple folk but this lacked much drama and didn't give me a reason to root for what they were fighting for. there needed to be more racism from the townsfolk or something. they did look like the real people though.

Movie:

This movie was rated 2.5 stars out of 5


Lion

now this one is one I really enjoyed. a truely sad story, he went through a lot as a kid. good acting from the kid too, you really felt sorry for him. can't really say too much about it, but I recommend it.

Movie:

This movie was rated 3.5 stars out of 5
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 9560
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:57 am
Cash on hand: 7,107.50
Location: Brisbane
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:10 pm
A Cure for Wellness - Very weird and scary but I enjoyed it even though it was a bit too long.
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 6114
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:05 am
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
Location: Adelaide
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:57 am
Hidden Figures

been seeing the award nominated movies and it's typically not one I'd normally be interested in but saw it anyway. I enjoyed it, it's not like the best movie ever but it was well acted and an interesting story that not many people would have known about. not too much to say about it but it didn't bore me, wasn't expecting to like it. most people love it and while I don't feel the same it was still decent.

Movie:

This movie was rated 3.5 stars out of 5
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 32297
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:55 am
Cash on hand: 13,663.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Location: Somewhere In General
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:02 am
Cyborg wrote:I've been on the fence about if I should see Moonlight or not, probably will. been checking out nominated movies lately, mostly disappointed in them. saw 2 back to back today:

Loving

it seemed like they wanted this to be Oscar nominated, but there's a reason. it's kinda boring, the characters and scripture boring. perhaps since the real people were simple folk but this lacked much drama and didn't give me a reason to root for what they were fighting for. there needed to be more racism from the townsfolk or something. they did look like the real people though.

Movie:

This movie was rated 2.5 stars out of 5



We were going to watch that but the review actually sounded like it would be exactly as you say - glad we didn't bother.
Image
User avatar
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Posts: 32297
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:55 am
Cash on hand: 13,663.00
Bank: 5,832,417.80
Location: Somewhere In General
Mood: lost the plot
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:05 am
ilis wrote:A Cure for Wellness - Very weird and scary but I enjoyed it even though it was a bit too long.

I haven't heard of that one. It sounds interesting.
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests