Blade Runner

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,270.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:43 pm
Blade Runner

thought I’d re-watch it before seeing the new one on Tuesday. every time I watch it I want to love it but just can’t, I watched the ‘Final Cut’ and still couldn’t get myself to love it. watched it with my Dad who hadn’t seen it and even he didn’t think much of it and was a little confused. he usually loves everything. its pretty overrated in my opinion but its only visually impressive to me, kind of slow and a tad boring. a real simple story really, so I don’t get all the hype it has had. its average, youtube reviewer Chris Stuckmann admites to not liking it originally even on multiple viewings but he somehow loved it on his most recent viewing. wish I could see it that way, but it’ll never happen. its not terrible but wanted more from it. even with Rutger Hauers speech “I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe” it could have been a little longer. I should love it, the premise is interesting but its flat to me. also they should have made it set in 2119, not 2019. it was made 1982 so it wasn’t set that far ahead in the ‘future’

hopefully I get something out of Blade Runner 2049 but I doubt it.

Movie:

This movie was rated 3.0 stars out of 5
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 30,542.50
Bank: 2,415,488.30
Mood: besotted
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:08 am
Watched it when it first came out (because, Harrison Ford), thought it was batsh*t boring and have only ever watched a bit of it since.
But it's one of those movies that it's very "in" to like, and demonstrates your higher film intelligence/appreciation.
Or something. :?

Return to Movies