Alien 5

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:56 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Neill Blomkamp is Officially Taking on an Alien Sequel!

District 9 and Elysium helmer Neill Blomkamp made headlines last month when he posted a series of concept art designs for a new film in the 20th Century Fox’s Alien franchise. Although the filmmaker admitted that the designs were unofficial, he hinted that he’d be more than happy to take on such a project. Today, Blomkamp posted a new image with a message that should make Alien franchise fans pretty happy!

“So I think it’s officially my next film,” he writes!

At this point it’s uncertain precisely what route the new film will take or if Signourney Weaver (whose Ellen Ripley was featured in the concept designs) will be returning to the franchise.

“[Sigourney] knows about it,” Blomkamp told ComingSoon.net last week, “and part of it was just inspired by speaking to her on set when we were filming ‘Chappie,’ and getting her thoughts on ‘Alien’ and what she thought of the movies that came after ‘Aliens’ and what she felt about Ripley and what was incomplete for her about Ripley. There was so much fuel in what she was telling me.”

You can read more about Blomkamp’s thoughts on the new project right here and check back for further information as soon as it becomes available!

Blomkamp’s latest, Chappie, also stars Weaver and lands in theaters March 6!

While there’s no telling how indicative they are of Blomkamp’s current plans, you can check out the original art he posted in the gallery viewer at the bottom of this page!

UPDATE: 20th Century Fox has since confirmed the news, clarifying that this is, indeed, a sequel to the original Alien franchise and not the Prometheus sequel currently set for release March 4, 2016.

YES!! :o

Here's the concept art that impressed FOX last month, mostly all done through Instagram:

(click to enlarge)

This film might take place after "Aliens" meaning 3 and 4 will be erased. it's already confirmed that this will take place after "Prometheus 2" so we'll see.
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,448.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:31 pm
that's freaking awesome, we need more sequels to original franchises and less reboots!

hopefully both of them return!
Cash on hand: 7,630.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:39 pm
Can't wait for this!
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:35 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Neill Blomkamp’s Alien Sequel Will Give Ripley ‘A Proper Ending’

Fans of 20th Century Fox’s Alien franchise got some pretty exciting news last week when District 9 and Elysium helmer Neill Blomkamp confirmed that he’s going to direct a fifth Alien feature film with Sigourney Weaver planning to reprise her role as Ellen Ripley. Today, Sky Movies caught up with both talents and learned a few more details about their plans, which Weaver says will give Ripley “A proper ending.” Blomkamp hints, though, that the new film may ignore the continuity of both Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection.

“I want this film to feel like it is literally the genetic sibling of ‘Alien,'” says the director. “So it’s ‘Alien,’ ‘Aliens’ and then this movie.”

Coupled with the fact that Michael Biehn’s Corporal Dwayne Hicks appeared in the previously-released concept art (check it out in the gallery viewer below), it’s beginning to look like Blomkamp’s plans for the new film will rewrite the canon of the franchise. That’s not entirely dissimilar to what happened with Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns, which essentially ignored the events of Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. In the case of the Alien franchise, however, there are a few additional stumbling blocks when it comes to major narrative events. After all, Ripley dies in the third film and returns as a clone in the fourth. Additionally, there’s a three-decade age gap between the Ripley of Aliens and the hypothetical Ripley of the new film if we are to assume this new chapter continues directly after the events of the 1986 film. Only time will tell whether or not Blomkamp has some continuity tricks up his sleeve!

Blomkamp’s next, Chappie, stars Weaver opposite Hugh Jackman and Sharlto Copley and arrives in theaters March 6.

Superhero Hype wrote:Neill Blomkamp Suggests Alien 5 Will Not Rewrite Franchise Continuity

Continuity fans can breathe a sigh of relief today as Chappie helmer Neill Blomkamp today clarifies to French film site AlloCine that his plans for the next Alien film do not mean that he’ll be dismissing the events of the second half of the sci-fi horror franchise.

“I’m not trying to undo ‘Alien 3′ or ‘Alien Resurrection,'” he tells the outlet. “…My favorites are the first two movies. I want to make a film that’s connected to ‘Alien’ and ‘Aliens’. That’s my goal.”

Blomkamp’s comments come on the heels of a report yesterday that led many to speculate that the new film would rewrite the events of the latter sequels. We’re still not entirely sure how Blomkamp’s planned take fits into the chronology as his concept art (check it out in the gallery viewer below) seems to suggest that the film will feature Michael Biehn’s Aliens character of Corporal Dwayne Hicks. Could the new film take place between Aliens and Alien 3, or does the District 9 director (and Alien franchise superfan) have some other tricks up his sleeve? Only time will tell, but check back for updates as they become available.

Blomkamp’s next, Chappie, stars Sigourney Weaver opposite Hugh Jackman and Sharlto Copley and arrives in theaters March 6. You can check out ComingSoon.net’s recent conversation with Blomkamp right here and check out AlloCine‘s new video interviews featuring the Blomkamps and Weaver in the player below:

Yep. This film is "Alien 3". :D
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:27 pm
FM wrote:Michael Biehn confirms that he’s returning as Hicks in Neill Blomkamp’s Alien sequel

Here’s some news that’s bound to please fans of 80s sci-fi action! Michael Biehn has confirmed that he’s set to reprise the role of Corporal Duane Hicks from 1986’s Aliens in Neill Blomkamp’s as-yet-untitled Alien sequel.

Posting on Instagram in response to a comment about his scheduled appearance at Sheffield Film and Comic-Con in the UK, Biehn stated that, “I’m not looking at scheduling conflicts with the Sheffield Comic Con, due to my contract for Aliens to begin filming during then.”

Fan favourite Hicks was featured in the original concept art that Blomkamp posted for his then-unofficial Alien sequel, which has since been given the greenlight from Fox and will also see Sigourney Weaver back as Ripley.

YES!!! 8-)

Looking forward to this more than the Terminator remix/reboot we're getting. I'm truly hoping Neil Blomkamp or James Cameron does the same for Terminator.

ImageImageImage
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:50 pm
that's awesome, they need to get more older actors to reprise past roles sooner otherwise they will look too old.

:<
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:35 pm
Apologies... Turns out it was fake. :x

From the same article above:
UPDATE: Turns out this is actually a fake Instagram account, which has now been deleted…

Hopefully this is confirmed for real soon.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:33 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Neill Blomkamp Says Alien 5 Will Not Interfere with Plans for Prometheus 2

Traditionally there have been long gaps between Alien sequels, but xenomorph fans are in hog heaven right now with the idea that both Neill Blomkamp’s untitled Alien 5 and Ridley Scott’s Prometheus 2 are being concurrently developed. In a new interview with Empire, Blomkamp let it be known that his sequel will not, in his own words, “tread on the toes” of Scott’s pseudo-prequel.

“I changed the one thing [Scott] felt was bumping ‘Prometheus’ a little bit,” reveals Blomkamp. “One thing that makes me feel good about it is that Ridley is producing it. He likes the idea of what I want to make.”

Although Blomkamp makes it very clear that “the first two films are the ones that I care about,” as he has said in recent weeks, he jokes that his film could be called “Alien 3 (no, really)” while maintaining his poker face over what the actual title is.

“I sent what I wanted as the title to Ridley,” says Blomkamp. “It’s kinda quite bold, and he was like, ‘I really like that.’ So I’m gonna test it, I don’t think it’s gonna work, though. I have my own idea but it gives away too much if I say the title. But in the event that it doesn’t work, I’m dead in the water…”

Finally, Blomkamp’s wife and frequent collaborator Terri Tatchell revealed what finally tipped him to ultimately choose this film as his next project.

“He’s hemming and hawing, going back-and-forth,” Tatchell says of his indecision. “Finally I said, ‘Look, look at what you make me drink my orange juice out of every morning,’ and I pulled out of the cupboard, we have these set of glasses that have these brutal scenes from the movies. I said, ‘You make your daughter drink out of these cups! This is a sign.'”

“No bullsh*t, that made me realize there is a massive portion of my brain taken up by the xenomorph,” Blomkamp said. “I was like, ‘Hmm, that’s a valid point.'”

Ridley Scott is expected to direct Prometheus 2 from a screenplay by Michael Green and Jack Paglen, with original stars Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender returning for what is promised to be a trip to the homeworld of the sinister Engineers of both the alien species and humanity. 20th Century Fox currently has a March 4, 2016 release date set, although pre-production is unconfirmed at this time. Meanwhile, Neill Blomkamp will write and direct Alien 5 with an eye towards a tentative 2017 release. Sigourney Weaver is expected to return, although it is unclear if it will follow the events of Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection or create an alternate follow-up to 1986’s beloved Aliens.

It's "Alien 3" redone. No question about it. 8-)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:42 pm
I heard this is on hold, Ridley wants to have his Prometheus trilogy out before Alien 5 is made.

that's a shame, would much rather see Alien 5!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:59 pm
get away from her you b....

Newt will be back, the character that is -

http://moviehole.net/201598544newt-live ... surrection

Return to Movies