John Wick 2

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:19 pm
Collider wrote:JOHN WICK 2 in Development According to Directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch

Last year’s action flick John Wick built up a devoted little fanbase and made a tidy little profit. I didn’t like the film as much as others, but I can see it building up a larger following as more people discover the movie on Blu-ray, VOD, etc. And the more people that like it, the more likely it is that we’ll be getting John Wick 2.

Speaking to Movies.com, directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch say they’re already in development on a John Wick sequel, and while they didn’t go into any specifics or say if Keanu Reeves would return to play the merciless killer, they did note that they had ideas for the sequel and know how they would up the action. The challenge is keeping John Wick compelling to audiences. Stahelski explains:

“We have ideas for days and without blinking twice we know we can outdo the action from the original,” Stahelski said. “It’s the matter of story and how much you like the character. That’s always the most important. If there’s great action but you have a character that no one likes and doesn’t have charisma you’re not going to watch it. Look at any great action star, whether it’s Harrison Ford or Liam Neeson or Robert Downey Jr., pick a name, you love the guy first. Good action, bad action, you just love them in action. So we want to make sure we have a story and a character that everybody loves and then we’ll dress it with action that we promise will be awesome.”

I’ll agree that casting Reeves in the lead role was part of the film’s appeal, and I think if they recast it with a B-lister, then it could quickly roll into straight-to-DVD territory where it’s just about a nicely-dressed guy who’s very good at killing people. John Wick definitely needs to expand as a character (he can’t seek revenge for his murdered goldfish), and while I’m glad that the directors are focusing on keeping the character likable, I hope they also go more into the nooks and crannies of John Wick’s world, which was the best part of the original.

Just saw the film and I was pleasantly surprised to see there is a sequel happening! There are so many possibilities with John Wick's world. 8-)
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,233.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:50 pm
so happy about this, John Wick kicked ass and can't wait to see the next!

action movies can be hit or miss, as long as theres a good story and characters you care about the over the top action doesn't matter. look at the Expendables, they have been average while Fast and Furious movies have been entertaining as f**k. lets hope this sequel has the same spirit and awesome action too!

u must leave your thoughts in the John Wick thread Kal!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:50 pm
Cyborg wrote:so happy about this, John Wick kicked ass and can't wait to see the next!

action movies can be hit or miss, as long as theres a good story and characters you care about the over the top action doesn't matter. look at the Expendables, they have been average while Fast and Furious movies have been entertaining as f**k. lets hope this sequel has the same spirit and awesome action too!

u must leave your thoughts in the John Wick thread Kal!

My sentiments Exactly. ooX

Just on my way to make a review now. ;)
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:48 pm
F**K YEAH!!

looks awesome 8-)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:10 pm
they blew up his house, big mistake!

can't wait, hurry up February!
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:12 pm
well FINALLY we got this released here, 3 months after the US. at least it didn't go straight to DVD.

oh my god, that was f**king awesome!! non stop action, more violent, a higher body count, a interesting expanded world, just awesome! oh, and death by pencil. heaps better then the first. I loved it, can't wait to see what they have in store for Chapter 3!

Movie:

This movie was rated 4.5 stars out of 5

TV Watcher
Cash on hand: 52.50
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:58 pm
Damn I had no idea there was a number 2. The first one was pretty good.
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:03 am
Guther wrote:Damn I had no idea there was a number 2. The first one was pretty good.

been living under a rock? ;)

but seriously this is better then the first, it f**king rocks!

Return to Movies