Creed (Rocky 7)

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:42 pm
It might have been merged by Cyborg but I do remember making a thread for this film:

TMT wrote:Boxers in negotiations to fight Micheal B Jordan's Creed

Michael B Jordan and Ryan Coogler's CREED has been on the low ever since it's announcement last year, and some may feel like the movie would never happen, with Jordan taking high profile roles such as Fantastic Four. Now, via THR it's reported that professional boxers Andre Ward and Tony Bellew are in negotiations to appear in the film.

Bellow will reportedly portray Creed's main nemesis, "Pretty Ricky Porter" whilst it's unknown what sort of role Andre Ward would have. Story details for the movie are unknown at this point other than the fact that Michael B Jordan's character -- Apollo Creed's grandson -- will be trained by Sylvester Stallone's Rocky.

The movie set to shoot in Philadelphia and Las Vegas -- two prominent locations from the Rocky franchise -- this January.
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,538.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:51 pm
Kal wrote:It might have been merged by Cyborg but I do remember making a thread for this film

you know what, I don't actually remember ever seeing a Creed thread.

this won't be a actual Rocky 7 type of sequel but a sort of spin-off ish, type.. not sure what you would call it.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Cyborg wrote:
Kal wrote:It might have been merged by Cyborg but I do remember making a thread for this film

you know what, I don't actually remember ever seeing a Creed thread.

this won't be a actual Rocky 7 type of sequel but a sort of spin-off ish, type.. not sure what you would call it.

That's cool Cyborg. Weird though..

I'm viewing this film chronologically, it is essentially "Rocky 7" and not a reboot. Stallone is still playing Rocky here and by the sound of it the film could very well turn out to be like "Rocky 5" but centered on Apollo's son this time.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:54 pm
I already knew about the movie months ago so I wouldn't have merged or deleted it.

he'll be more of a trainer/mentor this time instead of a fighter.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:11 am
Moviehole wrote:Creed punches into production!

With “Rocky” spin-off “Creed” kicking off filming in Philadelphia, no big surprise to hear Sylvester Stallone visited the famous ‘Rocky’ statue at the Philadelphia Art Museum. Still, for those checking out the statue at the same time Stallone was, it was quite the hoot!

Stallone memoralized the occasion by snapping a Selfie at the ‘Rocky’ statue, which sits atop of the Museum’s stairs – immortalized in the 1976 picture.

Tourist Peter Rowe said Stallone was running up the steps – but quite a few were kicking his butt as far as speed goes.

“He (Stallone) said to us, ‘Man, you guys are fast. You’re making me look bad!'”, Rowe told WENN.com.

In “Creed”, Stallone reprises Rocky; the Italian Stallion isn’t the one throwing the punches in the ring this time though, nope, that honor’s been thrown to Apollo Creed’s son (Michael B.Jordan) who Rocky agrees to train.

Meanwhile, Jacob ‘Stitch’ Duran tells MMA Junkie that he’ll be in the film.

“I got a call from Sylvester Stallone and the producers,” the UFC cutman said “Apollo Creeds’ son is going to be trained by Rocky Balboa. I got the script, and I have a pretty significant role in that. I have lines, and I’ll be practicing on my wife and my son, Daniel, because I am not an actor.”

Duran said he’ll be part of Rocky’s team (training team for Creed, likely) in the Ryan Coogler-directed movie. “They wanted somebody of significant value to do what I do, so I’ll be part of Rocky’s team in the gyms and some of the fight scenes,” he said. “I’m really excited to be doing that.”

Duran also spilt some “Creed” spoilers :

“The storyline is Apollo Creed’s son is coming up,” Duran said. “Rocky doesn’t know it’s him when he starts training him, and then he finds out down the road. The storyline is your classic Rocky movie.”

According to Fox Philly, a Port Richmond Gym is hosting the production this week – and it boasts Apollo Creed’s name on the window.

The film’s finale is rumored to take place in the UK, which might explain the filming that occurred this week at Goodison Park.

Aside from Stallone, Jordan, and Duran, “Creed” will feature Phylicia Rashad, Tessa Thompson, Luis Guzman, Tony Bellew, Will Blagrove, Andre Ward, Juan-Pablo Veza, and Michael Hagan.

I want to leave the subtitle "Rocky 7" in place only as a reference as to when this film takes place. But here's a quote from Stallone that clarifies what this film will be about:

"It's not Rocky 7, it's not Rocky music, It's not Gonna Fly Now" It will be like a passing of the torch, half a Rocky film.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:57 pm
Worst Previews wrote:First Look at Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa in "Creed"

Warner Bros and MGM have teamed up for the upcoming "Rocky" spin-off, called "Creed," which is now shooting in Philadelphia. Today, we have the first set photos, giving us a look at Sylvester Stallone and Michael B. Jordan (Fantastic Four) at Adrian's restaurant. Check everything out below.

"Creed" tells the story of Apollo Creed, who reluctantly accepts Rocky Balboa as his mentor and trainer. Stallone reprises the role of Rocky. Carl Weathers will obviously not return as Apollo Creed since his character died in "Rocky IV" when he fought Ivan Drago.

The new movie is directed by Ryan Coogler, who worked with Jordan on "Fruitvale Station." "Creed" is st to hit theaters on November 25th.

Photos: (click to enlarge)

Cool. At least Rocky's comfortable living life and working at Adrian's. :)
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:34 am
Just posting it here because it's not official yet but related:

Moviehole wrote:Possibility of an Ivan Drago movie?

Apollo’s kid is getting his own movie, is a movie based on the unyieldingly popular “Rocky IV” rogue next?

We received a press release today indicating that a new screenplay called “Drago”, fixing on the Russian boxer’s plight and punch-ups inside prison, is trying to get clearance from the copyright brass – assumingly MGM and Sylvester Stallone – so it can push on. It’s written by Andrew LeMay, whose intention was to explore the explore another side of Dolph Lundgren’s Ivan Drago character – a humane side, if you will. The film, should it get any further, would also bring back to the screen Mason ‘The Line’ Dixon, who Rocky fought in “Rocky Balboa”.

The screenplay sounds like it was adapted into a “Rocky” spin-off, so it’s possible if it clearance isn’t granted it’ll return to it’s roots as a standalone, original picture.

Will MGM and Sylvester Stallone go for the idea? (well, they went for “Creed” so it’s possible) Will Dolph Lundgren be back to play the Soviet Union strongman?

Possibilities, possibilities…

PHOENIX, AZ, Press Release (Newswire) -A new screenplay titled “Drago” was filed with the copyright office, based on Sylvester Stallone’s popular Rocky IV character, Ivan Drago. The work was adapted from an earlier script titled “Communist Boxing Redemption Movie” (CBRM).
Ivan Drago was recently listed as number 18 of the 25 Greatest Movie Villains of All Time by David Onda movie writer on Xfinity. He writes “Dolph Lundgren shocked movie audiences when his steely character killed Apollo Creed and uttered, without remorse, ‘If he dies, he dies’.” According to Box Office Mojo, at 300 million dollars, Rocky IV grossed the highest worldwide haul of any Rocky film to date.
“Creed”, a new movie starring Sylvester Stallone and Michael B. Jordan is set to be released on November 25, 2015. Written by Ryan Coogler, it is based on the son of Apollo Creed who is trained by Rocky Balboa to become a boxer.
“Drago”, (originally CBRM) was penned with communist Cuba in mind, but when Russia invaded Ukraine, writer Andrew LeMay couldn’t resist changing the story to reflect today’s cold war nostalgia. With the popularity of movies like Batman: The Dark Knight, LeMay believes his script “Drago” will resonate with movie goers, turning Ivan Drago from the villain into the anti-hero.
Logline: To save his mafia boss brother, Ivan Drago must fight his way through prison and defeat the heavyweight champion of the world, Mason “The Line” Dixon.

Wow.. So this possible film would bring back Dolph Lundgren and Antonio Tarver from Rocky 6. Interesting.. Spin-off's galore.
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:18 am
interesting and very cool, I'd be down for that.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:42 pm
first Trailer -

gonna have to have a marathon before this comes out!
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:25 pm
Cyborg wrote:gonna have to have a marathon before this comes out!

Definitely!! Such a promising trailer and film this will be! :D
Next

Return to Movies