Creed (Rocky 7)

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,575.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:10 pm
saw this just now, I enjoyed it but it's overrated.

critics are raving about it, giving it perfect scores and saying Stallone will either win a award or at least get nominated for one. didn't see anything special about this movie or Sly's performance. this 'reboot' was good and all but not the best movie ever. I saw Southpaw and thought that was way better. I rewatched parts 1-4 before seeing Creed and thought the first 2 were quite slow and boring at times. I appreciate the underdog story but didn't feel it. parts 3&4 however I loved, maybe it's cause they were made in the 80s (my favorite decade) or the awesome music montages but thought Mr T and Drago were much more threatening. the 1 shot take was pretty impressive I gotta say! Michael B Jordan was good and all but wasn't blown away by him.

This movie was rated 3.5 stars out of 5
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 36,190.00
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:43 pm
Late review again but only because I wanted to re watch the series again after CREED! 4th Rocky film is even more important now. I was a bit sceptical at first considering this is "Rocky 5" all over again. I'm glad I stuck through it till the end!!

Such a faithful sequel/spin-off of Rocky to Creed. Referencing all six films. Finally got to know who won the third fight between Apollo and Balboa and what happened after Apollo's death. Michael B Jordan in my opinion was great as Adonis and Stallone just knocked it out of the park!! They both work so well together and in my opinion redeems the 5th film even though I thought it was fine.

I never felt so satisfied of a film in years. I still think about it after more than a week now. Can't wait for the Blu-Ray. haha.

I'm sure this will only be a trilogy with Rocky finally retiring for good by the third film. I truly don't think it would last without Sly in the mix, it's his series.

The soundtrack is awesome! Nice evolution from Rocky's theme, and glad that the original "Gonna Fly Now" kicks in when it's needed most!

Looking forward to CREED II (Rocky 8).. ;)

This movie was rated 5.0 stars out of 5
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]

Return to Movies