Deadpool (X-Men) [Marvel]

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:34 pm
This film needs to be made yesterday!!

Just saw the test footage with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool breaking the 4th wall like a pro!

Check it out before it gets taken down (Not on YouTube any more so here's a vimeo link):

Deadpool test footage.
Last edited by Kal on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:21 pm
Worst Previews wrote:"X-Men" Spin-Off "Deadpool" is Finally Happening, Release Date Announced

20th Century Fox just announced that it's finally moving forward with its "Deadpool" movie, which is a spin-off of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," in which Ryan Reynolds played the character. The new movie will be directed by Tim Miller and is set to hit theaters on February 12th, 2016. It's still not clear if it will be R-rated, but Reynolds is expected to return.

This news comes after test footage from the film leaked online. The footage, featuring Reynolds, was shot several years ago, but started spreading across the internet recently and created enough of a buzz to force Fox to take another look at "Deadpool."

In a new interview, Reynolds commented on that footage, stating: "The movie has been in a state of limbo for a while. There was such an overpowering reaction to the footage, you sort of feel like, 'Oh, so we weren't crazy for our reasons for loving this character, for loving this role.' It's interesting to see the power of the Internet. And it's neat that Twitter and Facebook and Instagram can move mountains when used in the right way."

Worst Previews wrote:Deadpool Creator Comments on "Deadpool" Movie Announcement

20th Century Fox recently announced that it's moving forward with a "Deadpool" movie and has scheduled it to hit theaters on February 12th, 2016. Today, Rob Liefeld, the creator of Deadpool, commented on the news, which he has been waiting for since "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

He wrote: "I am absolutely beyond thrilled that Deadpool has been officially announced! I'm thrilled for Tim Miller, Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick and Ryan Reynolds as well as all the guys at Blur Studio! This is a tremendous achievement for them! Rhett and Paul wrote a brilliant, and I don't throw that word around loosely, a brilliant script! Audiences are going to go on the ride of their collective lives with this film as they envisioned it!

Tim Miller is a genius, he is brilliant as everyone who witnessed the leaked footage witnessed! There is so much more to come! Deadpool fans will freak out when they see all that Tim and the boys have in store for them! This is a huge triumph for all the fans that supported my work on 'New Mutants,' 'X-Force' over the years! The fans deserve this amazing gift from filmmakers who have proven they have what the fans desire! Very exciting! I know where Me and a gazillion fans will be on February 12th, 2016!"

It's finally happening for real!!! :<
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:29 am
Worst Previews wrote:"Deadpool" Movie Will Be PG-13

20th Century Fox recently announced that it's moving forward with its "Deadpool" movie and has scheduled it to hit theaters on February 12th, 2016. The big question has been whether the new film will be PG-13 or R-rated like such comic book movies as "Kick-Ass" and "Watchmen."

We may now have the answer, thanks to Meet The Movie Press. "I heard from the director that they finally figured out the script and it was right before this was announced. They figured out how to make it PG-13."

Fans have been hoping for an R-rated "Deadpool" movie, but Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld has been saying that the studio never considered anything other than a PG-13 version. And now we have a confirmation of that.

So much for that... :|
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 585.00
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:41 pm
I never thought for a second that this movie would be rated R. At least not theatrically. If we're lucky we'll get a directors cut for DVDs/blu Ray like with Daredevil.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:35 pm
Worst Previews wrote:"Deadpool" Will Be Part of "X-Men" Movie Universe

Seven years after Ryan Reynolds played Deadpool in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," the actor will reprise the role in a stand-alone "Deadpool" movie, which is set to hit theaters on February 2nd, 2016.

While we know very little about the storyline, "X-Men: Apocalypse" writer/producer Simon Kinberg just confirmed that "Deadpool" will be part of the "X-Men" movie universe.

"There's definitely [an] overall plan that we've all been talking about for the 'X-Men' universe now, and 'Deadpool' obviously fits into that," he said. "So yeah, I guess I would say it's part of an overall timeline and thought process that goes into these films, some of which is inspired by the comics and some which is inspired by seeing what Marvel's done with telling a larger tapestry and linking all those movies together, even as they stand independently as well. The same kind of thought is going to go into these 'X-Men' movies at Fox."

Of course with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" wiped from the timeline Deadpool can once again re-enter into this alternate "DOFP" timeline but done properly. Only Logan will eventually remember what happened the first time.

So I suspect there will be a cameo from Logan in this film and Deadpool will also cameo in the next Wolverine or X-Men film that would take place during the 2000-2023 period.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:52 am
Superhero Hype wrote:Deadpool Set to Begin Production in March as Ryan Reynolds Signs on to Return

As if there was any doubt, Deadline reports that Ryan Reynolds is closing a deal to return as the Merc with the Mouth in 20th Century Fox’s upcoming Deadpool feature film. The outlet also reports that a March start date is being planned for the production. Reynolds took to Twitter this afternoon to tease his return which you can read below.

Though Reynolds previously appeared as the character in 2009′s X-Men Origins: Wolverine, given how that film was received (and the ending to this year’s X-Men: Days of Future Past), it’s possible that film will not be acknowledged at all in the 2016 release.

Tim Miller is set to helm the film from a script by Zombieland writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Deadpool is currently set for a release on February 12, 2016.

Awesome!
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:13 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:T.J. Miller and Ed Skrein Up for Roles in Fox’s Deadpool Movie

TheWrap brings word today that comedian T.J. Miller (who provided the voice of Fredzilla in last year’s Big Hero 6) and Ed Skrein (The Transporter Legacy) are both circling roles in 20th Century Fox’s long-awaited Deadpool movie. Though the outlet isn’t sure about what characters they’ll be playing, Miller’s role is reportedly another comedic part in the film, while Skrein could potentially play the antagonist.

Ryan Reynolds will reprise the role he played in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Wade Wilson, the merc with the mouth, though given how that film was received (and the ending to last year’s X-Men: Days of Future Past), it’s possible that film will not be acknowledged at all in the 2016 release.

Tim Miller is set to direct the film from a script by Zombieland writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Deadpool is currently set for a release on February 12, 2016.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:43 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:DEADPOOL Movie to Start Filming in March in Vancouver

The Deadpool movie is definitely, absolutely, positively happening at last, and it’ll be shooting in star Ryan Reynolds’ hometown.  After years of developing the Marvel Comics adaptation, 20th Century Fox finally moved the project to the frontburner late last year, possibly spurred by the success of Guardians of the Galaxy.  The project was a risky one to take on, as the lead character is a wisecracking, antihero assassin with a penchant for breaking the fourth wall and talking directly to the audience.  Oh, and the lead actor’s face will be covered for the majority of the film.  But with Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel proved that audiences will turn up for something a bit different (ie. not deadly serious or incredibly grounded), and Fox is now ready to mix things up superhero-wise.

Per Global News, Deadpool is set to start filming in Vancouver in late March.  The city is, of course, the hometown of star Ryan Reynolds, but it’s also home to a number of Fox’s big productions (including last year’s X-Men: Days of Future Past).  Visual effects veteran Tim Miller is still onboard to direct the Deadpool movie with a release date set for February 12, 2016.

We still don’t know if Deadpool will be PG-13 or if Fox will go the bold route of producing an R-rated superhero movie, but I imagine both versions will be shot.  During filming of The Wolverine, director James Mangold opted for multiple takes so that he had options in the editing room, releasing the “unrated cut” (ie. the R-rated version) on Blu-ray.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Miller takes a similar route here, that way Fox can take a look at the film in post-production and see if they have enough confidence in the R-rated version to send that one to theaters.

While Fox has been milking the X-Men property for years, the studio is now looking to capitalize on the superhero boom by braching out.  All signs point to The Fantastic Four being something…unique in the genre, and Deadpool will be part of the X-Men universe, adding some darker shades to what’s come before.

Casting for the Deadpool film is ongoing to so we’ll likely hear more additions as the March startdate looms closer, but most recently T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley) and Ed Skrein (Game of Thrones) were reported to be in talks to sign on.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:31 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Ryan Reynolds Talks Deadpool Movie, ‘We Get to Make the Movie We Want’

In just two months, 20th Century Fox will begin production on the long-awaited Deadpool solo movie. Though it might seem like the film has had a tough road getting on the big screen, star Ryan Reynolds says the production happened the right way and is allowing them more freedom.

“It’s been a long time, but it’s happened in the right way and that’s all that matters,” Reynolds tells MTV. “We don’t have the kind of money that most superhero movies do, but that’s great, actually. Necessity is the mother of invention, and that’s why we get to make the movie we want to make.”

The outlet also asked Reynolds if he felt more pressure stepping into the role following the “ups and downs” of 2011’s Green Lantern.

“No, no, no, of course not. You gotta have faith in the people you’re working with, and have faith in the prep, and that’s all I’m doing. On this one, the prep’s been 11 years. You’d like to think you’re putting your best foot forward, but we’ll see.”

Finally, the forward momentum for Deadpool can be traced back to the leaked test footage that debuted online last summer, but Reynolds says he can’t take credit for it.

“I would have FOX’s lawyers so far up my ass they could smell Wade Wilson’s feet. No, no, no I didn’t leak it. But I would have. Looking back now, in a heartbeat. I should go home and scan the old hard drive and see what I’ve got in there.”

Tim Miller is set to direct the film from a script by Zombieland writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Deadpool is currently set for a release on February 12, 2016.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:36 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Six Actresses to Test for Deadpool Movie Female Lead

With the Deadpool movie gearing up for production to start in March, 20th Century Fox has made test deals with six actresses for the female lead who will star opposite Ryan Reynolds in the film.

According to Deadline, the names include (pictured in the following order above) Morena Baccarin (“Gotham,” “Homeland,” “V”), Jessica De Gouw (“Arrow,” “Dracula”), Sarah Green (“Vikings,” Noble), Crystal Reed (“Teen Wolf,” Crush), Rebecca Rittenhouse (“Red Band Society), and Taylor Schilling (“Orange is the New Black,” “Mercy”). There’s no word on which character the actress chosen will play, but what do you think?

Though Reynolds previously appeared as the character in 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine, given how that film was received (and the ending to this year’s X-Men: Days of Future Past), it’s possible that film will not be acknowledged at all in the 2016 release.

Tim Miller is set to helm the movie from a script by Zombieland writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Deadpool is currently scheduled for a release on February 12, 2016.
Next

Return to Movies