Alien: Covenant (Prometheus 2)

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 27,190.00
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:19 pm
Scified wrote:Ridley Scott's Prometheus Sequel Coming March 4th, 2016?

According to a fresh report by THR, 'an unnamed Ridley Scott film is set for March 4, 2016', in addition to a number of other titles 20th Century Fox plans to put out over the next 2 years.

Though no official word is confirming that this is in fact the release date for Prometheus 2, many outlets have begun to speculate the fact - and we're one of them! Despite recently being told by CineWorld that Fox planned to release Prometheus 2 on November 27th, 2015, this new mention of a March, 2016 release date seems more likely.

Though Fox and Scott have both remained tight lipped about the highly anticipated sequel to 2012's sci-fi thriller, they have been quite vocal in announcing that they had hired a writer, Jack Paglen and that the project was still alive and well. Back in October of 2013, Ridley Scott even confirmed that writing for Prometheus 2 had wrapped up and that they were 'ready to go'. In November, the following month we also heard from Prometheus / Prometheus 2 actor, Michael Fassbender, that the project was on its way, but assured us that Fox and company were taking their time to come up with a solid story. With such a polarized reaction from movie goers back in 2012 when Prometheus hit theaters, it's no surprise that they're taking their time.

Whether or not March 4th, 2016 is the projected release date for Prometheus 2, it is exciting to know that the project is still alive and will probably be released within the next 2 years. With 2015's film lineup already jam packed with sci-fi blockbusters, it would make a lot of sense for Fox to hold off on releasing Prometheus 2 for the following year.

Whatever the release date I really hope they finish this prequel as this film has got me into the Alien series. :ugeek:
Last edited by Kal on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:22 am
Collider wrote:Ridley Scott to Next Direct PROMETHEUS Sequel for March 4, 2016 Release; Filming Begins This Fall

When 20th Century Fox announced a glut of release dates last week, buried among the many superhero sequels and team-ups was an Untitled Ridley Scott Project dated for March 2016. Scott has a number of projects on his plate at the moment, but many wondered whether this untitled project might be the Blade Runner sequel that’s been heating up over the past year, or maybe even the promised Prometheus 2. Well it appears that the mystery has been solved, as The Wrap reports that the untitled project is indeed a Prometheus sequel. Moreover, a new writer has been brought onboard and Scott is now eyeing a fall production start-date for the pic.

[Update: Variety confirms that a new writer has been hired for Prometheus 2, but notes that it's unclear whether Scott will direct and that the film is still undated. The Wrap's reporter doesn't appear to be disputing Variety's claims, so it's possible the initial story jumped the gun a bit. Hopefully more will be clear soon.]

Per The Wrap, Michael Green has been enlisted to rewrite the screenplay for the untitled Prometheus sequel, which is now in first position as Scott’s next project. After Prometheus scribe Damon Lindelof made it clear that he wouldn’t be returning to pen the follow-up, Jack Paglen (Transcendence) was brought onboard to write the script. Green most recently worked with Scott on the new Blade Runner film, and now he’s been brought in to beef up the script in anticipation of a March 4, 2016 release date.

While it was unclear whether Scott would even direct the proposed Prometheus sequel, let alone whether the project would even happen, The Wrap’s report says the filmmaker will direct the follow-up with a scheduled production start-date this fall, after he completes post-production on his Moses epic Exodus. Prometheus was certainly a success at the box office with over $400 million worldwide—especially for an R-rated thriller—but it was also very expensive, so there had been some uncertainty surrounding the follow-up. Regardless, Fox appears to be quite bullish on the property.

Story details for the untitled Prometheus sequel are under wraps, but Green’s script is said to be more “Alien-y” than the 2012 film and in line with the same horror tone of the previous films. Moreover, it is said to feature multiple David androids, who was played by Michael Fassbender in the first picture. One surmises both Fassbender and Noomi Rapace will return.

Around the release of Prometheus, Scott was pretty open about where a proposed follow-up would go. The ending of Prometheus saw Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw and a body-less David (Fassbender) as the sole survivors of their mission, setting out to discover where the Engineers originated. Per Scott’s previous comments, the Prometheus follow-up would take place on the Engineers’ home planet, which he envisions as “extremely sinister and ominous.” It’s entirely possible that Scott’s plans for the sequel have changed since then, but for a full, possibly spoilery rundown of Prometheus 2 courtesy of Scott himself, click here.

Awesome!! Can't wait for it. :D
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:48 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Ridley Scott is Already Scouting Locations For "Prometheus 2"

20th Century Fox already confirmed that it's moving forward with a sequel to "Prometheus." Ridley Scott is returning to direct, Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are back to star and there's even a release date, March 4th, 2016.

But every time Fassbender is asked about "Prometheus 2," he seems to have zero idea about what's happening with it. This has been many wonder if the sequel is actually in the works.

The Daily Mail is now reporting that Scott landed in Sydney on Wednesday to scout locations for the new film, which means that "Prometheus 2" is now in pre-production.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:41 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Sigourney Weaver Says "Alien 5" May Still Happen

Sigourney Weaver recently appeared at the Hero Complex Film Festival where she spoke about the "Alien" franchise, revealing that despite "Prometheus," there's still potential that "Alien 5" may happen.

"I feel a longing from fans for the story to be finished. I could imagine a situation where we finish telling the story," she said. "I do feel like there is more story to tell."

While there are no plans for "Alien 5," director Ridley Scott is scouting locations for his "Prometheus" sequel, which is set to hit theaters on March 4th, 2016.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:13 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Ridley Scott Says "Prometheus 2" Won't Feature Xenomorphs

While promoting his "Exodus: Gods and Kings," director Ridley Scott spoke about the upcoming "Prometheus" sequel, confirming that xenomorphs won't be making an appearance.

He said: "The beast is done. Cooked. I got lucky meeting H.R. Giger all those years ago. It's very hard to repeat that. I just happen to be the one who forced it through because they said it's obscene. They didn't want to do it and I said, 'I want to do it, it's fantastic'. But after four [movies], I think it wears out a little bit. There's only so much snarling you can do. I think you've got to come back with something more interesting. And I think we've found the next step. I thought the Engineers were quite a good start."

Scott went on to say that the script for "Prometheus 2" is currently being written. "Right now, as we speak, it's being written. I've had 15 drafts evolving. I definitely want to do that again because I really enjoyed doing Prometheus."

He didn't reveal anything about the story, but confirmed that Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender will return. "You'll probably have to go with [Elizabeth Shaw] and [David] - without his head. Find out how he gets his head back on!"

Looking forward to it! 8-)
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:33 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Noomi Rapace Discusses "Prometheus 2" Storyline

Last month, director Ridley Scott revealed that the Xenomorph creature from the original "Alien" films will not appear in the upcoming "Prometheus" sequel. Now, in a new interview with MTV, Noomi Rapace spoke about where the follow-up is headed.

"I know Elizabeth Shaw (Rapace) wants to go to paradise. I say that in the first one," she explained. "I don't want to go back. She can't go to Earth, because there's nothing left for her there, really. She wants to go to where they came from, these giant creatures. I think, in her head, that's a dark paradise, in a way, so what's there? I don't know. I think she wants answers, she wants to know, and I feel like I'm sharing her curiosity, but also anger."

Since the film won't have Xenomorphs, what else can the characters run into? "God, maybe? God or Devil, I don't know," Rapace continued. "I don't know where he's going to take us, but I can't wait to go there. I don't know what we're going to discover."

Scott previously spoke about the God that may appear in the film, but warned us that it will not be the God that we may expect.

"Prometheus 2" is set to hit theaters on March 4th, 2016.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:29 pm
Collider wrote:Ridley Scott Reveals ‘Prometheus 2′ Title and Its Ties to the ‘Alien’ Franchise

In recent chats with director Ridley Scott, he spoke a bit about the state of his Alien franchise and how his 2012 sci-fi prequel Prometheus – and its upcoming sequels – fit into it. Scott, who confirmed that the unofficially titled Prometheus 2 would be his next film, had previously said that:

“Prometheus has its own story to tell before it eventually ties into the movie that started it all…it won’t be in the next one. It will be in the one after this one or maybe even a fourth film before we get back into the ‘Alien’ franchise.”

All well and good, except that in a recent interview with HeyUGuys, Scott revealed the sequel’s title to be Alien: Paradise Lost. No mention of Prometheus (and any negative connotations that audiences may bring along with them) and an obvious tie to the hit Alien franchise. Maybe we’ll be getting closer to the Xenomorphs sooner than we thought?

Slightly less obvious, except to the learned among you, is the nod to John Milton’s epic poem, “Paradise Lost,” which tells of the Biblical Fall of Man. The tale of Satan’s temptation of Adam and Eve, and God’s resulting expulsion of the duo from the Garden of Eden is certainly rich territory for Scott to mine when it comes to very mortal humans seeking to learn the secrets of the Engineers. Scott himself confirmed that the sequel will indeed explore the reasoning behind the alien creatures’ “evil biology” and what caused them to create such monsters. Another question that begs to be asked in light of the new title is … what did humanity do to deserve such cruelty?

Here’s the relevant part of the interview with HeyUGuys where Scott reveals the new title for Prometheus 2:

Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:30 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Has the Prometheus Sequel Changed Title Again?

Prometheus sequel gets yet another title change

Back in September, director Ridley Scott revealed that the upcoming Prometheus sequel had undergone a title change and would actually be known as Alien: Paradise Lost. That appears to have changed again, however, as Indiewire (via Cinema Blend) was present for an extended conversation with Scott at the AFI Film Festival where the director revealed that the slow-burn process on the sequel lead to him directing The Martian, in addition to dropping a different title for the film.

“I was going to be doing what will be called ‘Alien: Covenant,’ which starts shooting next February, and we were struggling then with the screenplay there and then there was a phone call, somebody saying, ‘Listen, we’ve got this thing which is completely written called ‘Martian,’ and I said, ‘Huh.’ And I sped read it in an hour and by mid-afternoon, I talked to Fox and said, ‘I need to talk to ‘Drew [Goddard]…’”

It remains to be seen if Alien: Covenant will be the final title for the film or if more name changes are in order, which is possible since the film isn’t set to be released until 2017.

Production on the Prometheus sequel/Alien prequel is set to begin in February of 2016 in Australia, with Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender set to reprise their roles of scientist Elizabeth Shaw and the android David, respectively. Jack Paglen (Transcendence) and Michael Green (Green Lantern) are providing the screenplay.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 16,788.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:34 pm
Our First Look -

it shall be interesting.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 16,788.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:36 am
New Trailer -