Logan (Wolverine 3) [Marvel]

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:02 pm
The title for now is 'Wolverine 2' because the 'X-Men: Origins' film doesn't count anymore.

Worst Previews wrote:"The Wolverine" Sequel to Film After "x-Men: Apocalypse"

20th Century Fox already announced that after "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is released on May 23rd, the studio will begin work on the next installment, called "X-Men: Apocalypse," which will hit theaters on May 27th, 2016.

But while Fox is moving forward with the "X-Men" franchise, it's also developing the next installment in "The Wolverine" series, bringing back director James Mangold to begin writing the screenplay.

While it's still unclear whether Hugh Jackman will reprise his role, Mangold just revealed via Twitter that "I'm shooting The next 'Wolverine' after 'X-Men: Apocalypse.'"

"X-Men: Apocalypse" will likely go in front of cameras next year, which means that we won't see another "Wolverine" movie until at least 2017. Jackman will be almost 50 years old by then.

"The Wolverine" was released last year and went on to gross $415 million on a budget of $120 million. It performed better than the 2009 "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," which grossed $373 million on a budget of $150 million.

This may be Hugh's last film as Wolverine I believe. I hope i'm wrong though. ;)
Last edited by Kal on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:09 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:The Wolverine Sequel Finds a Writer in David James Kelly, Hugh Jackman Set to Return

Following yesterday's announcement that James Mangold's sequel to last year's The Wolverine would be hitting theaters on March 3, 2017, Deadline is reporting that 20th Century Fox has set David James Kelly to provide the screenplay with Hugh Jackman set to once again play the Ol' Canucklehead.

The next solo Wolverine film will mark either Jackman's eighth or ninth big screen appearance as the character, depending on whether or not Wolverine is part of Bryan Singer's X-Men: Apocalypse, arriving in 2016.

Kelly wrote and directed the crime thriller short "Straw Man" in 2010. He was also attached briefly to Fox's final attempt at rebooting Daredevil before the rights ultimately reverted back to Marvel. He's also adapting the comic book series Mind Management for the studio.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:41 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Hugh Jackman Says "The Wolverine 2" is His Last Wolverine Film

While promoting "X-Men: Days of Future Past," Hugh Jackman spoke about his future as Wolverine, revealing that he doesn't plan to continue playing the character for much longer.

We know that 20th Century Fox is developing "The Wolverine" sequel and is bringing back director James Mangold. But it turns out that Jackman is still not on board. "I'm excited to see what we can come up with, but I haven't signed on," he revealed. "I'm genuinely at that point where unless it's better than the last one I'm not going to do it."

And even if he signs on for "The Wolverine 2," that will be likely be his last time playing Wolverine. "If I did another one, I'm 99.9% sure it would be the last," he explained. "I think it has to be better. I can still see where we can improve on the last one."

This may be the case but I hope there is an 'X-Men 4' just to top it off and then I can move on.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:59 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Wolverine 3 Could Team Up Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart

2016 will be a big year for 20th Century Fox’s “X-Men” franchise as they have three films slated for release with Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse and Gambit, but lest we forget there is a third “Wolverine” film also in the cards. Not only is Hugh Jackman looking to reprise the role of Weapon X, but Patrick Stewart could be coming along for the ride.

“What I’m very excited about is that we have been talking about a Wolverine movie, which would team Hugh Jackman and myself together,” Stewart told Oregon Live. “Wolverine and Professor Xavier. That would be a very different sort of ‘X-Men’ from the four movies that I’ve already done.”

Stewart also went on to contradict an earlier report on his co-star Ian McKellen by saying he will in fact appear in “Apocalypse”: “Magneto, Ian McKellen, is certainly going to be in it.”

X-Men: Apocalypse is set for release on May 26, 2016 and will feature the return of James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult and Rose Byrne with newcomers Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, and Tye Sheridan. Wolverine 3 is set for release on March 3, 2017 featuring a script by David James Kelly and directed by James Mangold.

Awesome! 8-)
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:51 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Hugh Jackman Wants to Continue Playing Wolverine Until He Dies

Despite previously indicating that his time as Weapon X could come to an end, Hugh Jackman says in a new interview he’d like to keep playing the character of Wolverine until he dies. Jackman tells Cigar Aficionado (via E! Online) that watching Michael Keaton in Birdman stirred something inside him.

“I said to my wife, ‘The moral is that I should never stop playing Wolverine. I’ve got to find a way to keep playing him until I die.’ I know that someday they’ll recast the role with another actor…I’d be happy if the role was eventually recast. It would mean that it had become iconic.”

He went on to talk about his mindset for each time he plays Wolverine, saying he hopes to push himself more and more each time.

“I always want to be in better shape than I was for the last one. I don’t believe in stagnation. People say they try to maintain the status quo. But I believe the natural cycle means you’re either advancing and getting closer to something or you’re receding…Every time I play Wolverine I want to go further, physically and emotionally.”

There’s been no official word if Jackman will play the character in X-Men: Apocalypse, set for release on May 23, 2016, though he has teased there’s a possibility of his return. In addition, a third Wolverine film is set for release on March 3, 2017 which Patrick Stewart recently said could be a team-up film between Logan and Professor Xavier. David James Kelly is scripting the film which will once again be directed by James Mangold.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:30 am
Superhero Hype wrote:James Mangold Says Third Wolverine Movie Will Shoot Early Next Year

Though everyone has theirs eyes firmly set on the upcoming Deadpool spin-off and X-Men: Apocalypse in 2016, a third Wolverine movie is still in development at 20th Century Fox and it set to arrive the following year. Details are slim on the upcoming sequel, but when asked on Twitter when production would begin on the film, James Mangold revealed they’re planning to shoot “early next year.”

Writer David James Kelly is currently penning the screenplay for the film, which according to Patrick Stewart could see Logan and Professor Xavier teaming up.

Despite Hugh Jackman’s previous doubts that he would play the character of Wolverine much longer, the actor recently revealed that he wants to continue playing the character until he dies.

Currently without an official title, Wolverine 3 is currently set for a release March 3, 2017 with Mangold set to direct once again.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:21 am
Superhero Hype wrote:Hugh Jackman Teases ‘One Last Time’ as Wolverine

Despite saying a month ago that he wants to continue playing the character until he dies, Hugh Jackman revealed a cryptic teaser on his Instagram today with the caption “Wolverine… One Last Time” with three of his signature claws extended.

Previous reports on a third solo Wolverine film indicate that it won’t begin production until next year, meaning this photo could be Jackman refuting rumors that he will appear in next year’s X-Men: Apocalypse though this remains unconfirmed. Check back here as we learn more.

Jackman has appeared as the character in every “X-Men” film to date, from being the focus of 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine to just a cameo in 2011’s X-Men: First Class. His career as the character has lasted seven films over the course of 14 years.

Writer David James Kelly is currently penning the screenplay for the third “Wolverine,” which according to Patrick Stewart could see Logan and Professor Xavier teaming up.

Currently without an official title, Wolverine 3 is set for a release March 3, 2017 with James Mangold set to direct once again.

I'm guessing he'll have cameos in Deadpool and Apocalypse. Sad to see him go but it was bound to happen sooner or later. :(
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:35 pm
Hugh Jackman releases teaser poster:

Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:17 pm
Collider wrote:Hugh Jackman Says ‘Wolverine 3’ Explores the Professor X Father/Son Relationship

While the X-Men franchise is showing no signs of slowing down as X-Men: Apocalypse is on the horizon, the next Wolverine movie is shaping up to be something special. Hugh Jackman has expressed reluctance to return as the character in the past, but this time he came out with supreme confidence to announce that this follow-up to The Wolverine is, without doubt, his last time playing the character. So, naturally, there are some sky-high expectations to see how he’s gonna go out given that Jackman’s portrayal of the mutant is undoubtedly iconic.

We know that Patrick Stewart will be appearing in the film alongside Jackman as Professor X, and Jackman is currently developing the script with The Wolverine helmer James Mangold, who is expected to return and direct. But beyond that, very little is known about what’s in store for fans with this third standalone Wolverine movie.

So when Steve sat down with Jackman recently at the press day for the Peter Pan reimagining Pan, in which Jackman plays the villainous pirate Blackbeard, the conversation veered into Wolverine territory. As for an update, Jackman says they’re about halfway through the script and revealed that the story will delve into the relationship between Wolverine and Professor X:

“I’ll be really honest with you, the actual script in its full form we’re up to about Page 60. Obviously there’s a treatment, so it’s not fully done yet, we’re not fully there. Patrick does figure in it that’s for sure. I think it’s a really important relationship but I want to see signs of that quasi-father/son sort of relationship that has not been seen before, and sides of particularly Professor X that have not been seen before. So we have some really, really cool ideas.”

This is actually pretty great, as it brings the story full-circle from when Professor X first found and mentored Wolverine in the first X-Men movie. It’s also exciting to hear that care is being given to further fleshing out Xavier instead of just using him as “another mutant” to put alongside Wolverine.

But while things are moving full-steam ahead, Jackman cautioned that he’s being very careful with ensuring that this lives up to expectations, saying he won’t officially sign off until he’s sure the script is just right:

“I’m saying ‘but’ and I’m sounding a little cagey because this is the last time I’m playing him, and I have just made the commitment to myself, really, and told everyone that until that script is perfect, until it is that perfect way to sign out, I’m not gonna start shooting. So that’s why I don’t wanna say ‘Yes’ for sure, because until Page 115, 120, whatever it is…”

That being said, Jackman says the outline that they came up with is 90% to where he wants it to be, so the finished script only needs a bit more work to get it to where Jackman feels comfortable:

“I feel that I’m pushing harder than I’ve ever pushed before. I suppose the stakes just go up when you announce before your last season that this is your last season, you don’t want one game to not be your best… People ask me, ‘How are you gonna be able to let it go?’ To me the only way you can let it go is if you left blood every day on the studio floor.”

But while Jackman is hesitant to say “Yes” until things are just right, he confirmed that the plan is for shooting to start next year, adding that he’s known how he wants to end his tenure as Wolverine for a long time:

“The ultimate plan is let’s start shooting next year… I’m starting the training, I’m starting the eating and mentally really preparing for it. It’s not just me, the studio as well—I’m trying to do something with this that’s a little special, a little different. I’ve got a very, very strong idea of what that is. I really have known for quite a long time how I want to finish this sort of odyssey that I’ve been on, this amazing journey. And I won’t let it fall anywhere in between. I won’t fall short of it.”

Steve also asked the actor if they’d be returning to Australia for production, where they shot The Wolverine, but Jackman says they haven’t nailed down the location just yet:

“Possibly. They do [have great soundstages], and the dollar’s being nice right now. That is one of the things that is up in the air a little bit, not 100% sure where we’ll shoot. And that’s part script, part life, family life and all of that.”

So if everything goes according to plan and the script comes out just right, this next Wolverine movie will be in production next year for release hopefully sometime in 2017, though maybe 2018 if the development takes a bit longer.
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,358.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:20 pm
this won't have Wolverine in the title, it will simply just be called.... Logan.

since it's the last time Hugh Jackman will play the character I suppose it's fitting, not sure if I like it though.
Next

Return to Movies