Captain America 3: Civil War [Marvel]

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:24 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Daniel Bruhl is Villain in "Captain America 3" and "Doctor Strange"

We already know that Captain America (Chris Evans) will do battle against Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr) in the upcoming "Captain America: Civil War." And now comes word that the film will have multiple villains.

While it has yet to be revealed who will play the main villain, Variety just learned that Daniel Bruhl (Rush, Inglourious Basterds) has been cast as one of the bad guys who will become the main villain in "Doctor Strange."

"Captain America: Civil War" will also feature Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther and is set to hit theaters on May 6th, 2016.
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:28 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Russos Confirm Scarlett Johansson Will Return for Captain America: Civil War

Following the teases earlier today from screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, directors Anthony and Joe Russo have arrived with additional quotes about Captain America: Civil War. Speaking at a press event in Beijing with Sina.com (via CBM), the pair revealed that Scarlett Johansson will in fact return as Black Widow for Captain America: Civil War.

“We’ve been preparing for the movie since the one debuted last year,” Anthony said. “So, we’ve been working on it for a long time now. We’re very happy how it’s coming along. Captain America 3 is gonna be called Captain America: Civil War and it’s going to star Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson will be back, Winter Soldier will be back, and Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man will also be joining us in the next film.”

Johansson’s inclusion in the film adds yet another high profile member of the MCU to the cast that is also set to include Anthony Mackie as The Falcon, Chadwick Boseman in his MCU debut as Black Panther, Daniel Bruhl in a mystery role, Frank Grillo as Crossbones, and potentially Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye.

Captain America: Civil War is set for release on May 6, 2016.

Superhero Hype wrote:Anthony Mackie Teases Captain America: Civil War by Calling it ‘Avengers 3.8′

It’s been a big week for thinly-veiled hints at Marvel’s upcoming Captain America: Civil War as screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely offered their own tease, which was followed by directors Anthony and Joe Russo revealing that Scarlett Johansson will return for the sequel. Now we’re bringing it back full circle to Anthony Mackie, who revealed shooting locations last Saturday, and in a new interview has some choice words to hype the sequel.

“I have a brand new costume; I’m full in effect,” Mackie told WTTG Fox 5 (via CBM). “I will tell you this: Cap 3 is gonna be everything you can imagine. Cap 2 was really Avengers 1.5, and Cap 3 is gonna be Avengers 3.8..”

Mackie is one of many MCU players in the cast that also includes Chris Evans as Captain America, Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Chadwick Boseman in his MCU debut as Black Panther, Daniel Bruhl in a mystery role, Frank Grillo as Crossbones, and potentially Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:18 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Robert Downey Jr. Teases Tony Stark’s Position in Captain America: Civil War

Back in October, it was revealed that Robert Downey Jr. would be making his way into the upcoming third Captain America film which was later revealed to be Captain America: Civil War. The film is set to position his character Tony Stark against Chris Evans’ Steve Rogers in an on-screen bout that fans have been dreaming of for years.

Speaking with Empire, Downey was asked about Tony’s position in the film and how perhaps a change in his perspective (branching out of this year’s Avengers: Age of Ultron) could result in “Civil War.”

“The main thing to me is, and this is where I think the Russos are quite brilliant and where Kevin backed the play, is what sort of incident could occur and what sort of framework could we find Tony in? The clues are in “Ultron” about where we might find (Tony) next. But what would it take for Tony to completely turn around everything he’s stood for, quote-unquote, because he was the right-wing guy who could still do his own thing….There’s always the bigger overarching question, that Joss brings up all the time – it’s kind of weird that these guys would have all these throw downs all over planet Earth and it looked like a little collateral damage happened over there, and yet when the movie’s over, it’s like nobody minds. You have to figure, ‘Were you to ask the question, what would the American government do if this were real? Wouldn’t it be interesting to see Tony doing something you wouldn’t imagine?’”

When asked if Tony would be the “bad guy” of the film, Downey replied:

“I wouldn’t put it that way. Ultimately it’s Steve’s story; it doesn’t say ‘Iron Man 4: Civil War’. I think that’s great too. I think Chris [Evans] has been hungry to bring even more of an underside and some shadow to that. I remember the comics – on the surface you got the sense that Cap was baseball and apple pie, but underneath there was all this churning stuff of being a man out of time. Now we know he’s made his peace with that. What’s the bigger issue? It can have a little something to do with the past, but it can be about someone becoming more modernized in their own conflict.”

Downey and Evans will be joined in the film by Chadwick Boseman in his MCU debut as Black Panther, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Daniel Bruhl in a mystery role, Frank Grillo as Crossbones, (potentially) Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and even the brand new Spider-Man as it’s been reported he will debut in the 2016 film before his own 2017 solo movie. Anthony and Joe Russo return to direct the sequel, which is slated for release on May 6, 2016.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:39 pm
Robert Downey Jr. talks "Civil War" with David Letterman:

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,398.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:48 pm
Cash on hand: 7,207.50
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:49 pm
Great trailer! So excited for this movie!
Cash on hand: 17,398.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:58 am
just got back from seeing it, awesome! 8-)

I rewatched Winter Soldier and I found that quite boring in parts when the action wasn't going on. this was similar with that regard but done better, more interesting. action, the vs parts, Spideman was epic!

but at the same time I don't like the fact these particular set of Marvel films are like this, sequels should have no connection to other superhero movies. why are they obsessed with having crossover movies? they should all be stand alone heroes with sequels with no help, taking out the bad guys every movie. I guess they wanna be like the X-Men movies and have a team of super heroes working together, it works for them so they are all doing it now. even DC.

I also prefer these types of movies to have actual superpowers. think about it.. without the Captain America's shield to protect him, helpless. without Iron Man's suit, helpless. without Hawkeye's arrows, helpless. same with Black Widow, Antman, Thor, this version of Spiderman and so on. they have help with devices and machines, shoot them in the head and they are dead! at least with the X-Men they have superpowers. there's only a few in these Avengers movies who do have powers.

having said all that, it was pretty entertaining.

Movie:

This movie was rated 4.0 stars out of 5
Cash on hand: 7,207.50
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:39 pm
Saw this today and loved it! Easily my favourite Marvel film!
Previous

Return to Movies