The Expendables 4

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 16,973.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:20 pm
we knew a fourth was on the cards, nothing too official though -

Steven Seagal in talks to portray the main antagonist of Expendables 4?! + Jackie Chan may have a minor role

Take this with a grain of salt for now everyone...

But, our friends over at the official Italian fan site for Sly Stallone tell us that their sources are reporting Expendables 4 has the green light and that Steven Seagal is close to signing on as the main antagonist of the picture! They also go on to state that the producers are hoping to bring Jackie Chan in for a minor role. Lastly, they have already began discussing shooting locations with Lerner wanting to return to Bulgaria for economic reasons and Sly wanting to shoot in a tropical country such as Mexico or Cuba.

We really hate reporting on rumors, but we trust the staff at Slyitalian.com, so lets all hope this turns out to be true!!

Below is the note we received;

"Hello Trevor!

Here is some great news, even if it's not official.

We have word from our sources (still NOT official) who report a "green light" to the fourth
installment of the Expendables saga. It seems that Steven Seagal is very close
to the main role of the antagonist, after Sly seems to have convinced producer Avi
Lerner to let the past go. For Stallone it will be the last film of the saga,
convinced by Lerner himself. Lerner and Sly will try to convince Jackie Chan
to participate in a minor role, hoping that the Chinese actor will put aside his
big ego. Finally it seems that they are already discussing the possible
locations for filming: Lerner would like to return to shoot in Bulgaria for
obvious reasons, while Sly would turn in a tropical country such as Mexico or
Cuba. We'll see. Stay tuned for upcoming news!"

Seagal has been in talks since part 1, let's hope he gets over himself and takes part in EX4!

I hope they get him to loose some weight too, fat f**k.

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/1/po ... otage.html
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 29,909.00
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:22 pm
Any news on Expendables is good news Cyborg.. Mostly. ;) Let's hope Seagal finally agrees to join the film.
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:49 pm
haha, true but when ever there's news about any of these movies sometimes it doesn't happen.
Nic Cage, Jackie Chan and Seagal were in talks for EX2&3 and look what happened.
there was no more room in EX3 anyway, especially with Segull's fat ass ;)

If he and Chan are in 4, then the series is complete! almost all of the important action icons have been included in the series. although it would be nice to see Kurt Russell in there, for a cameo at least. Sly will probably be done with the series after 4 I'm sure.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:49 pm
You're right, we just have to wait and see how it turns out then. ;) Kurt Russel would be ace if he joins in.

Worst Previews wrote:Jean-Claude Van Damme Knows How He Can Return for "The Expendables 4"

In a new interview with Jean-Claude Van Damme, the actor revealed that he has an idea about how his Jean Vilain character from "The Expendables 2" can return for a potential fourth installment in the franchise.

"I had a great time shooting 'The Expendables 2' with Mr. Stallone and other big action stars," he said. "Mr. Stallone is an inventive man. He may even create a stronger character than Claude Vilain, the twin brother of Jean Vilain. Some fans ask me if the next Vilain – if there's a next– is going to be a good or a bad guy. I would leave it to Mr. Stallone to decide, as I trust his way of imagination."

Van Damme played twins in several of his own movies, but it's not clear whether Stallone would want to make "The Expendables 4" or bring back Van Damme.

Don't mind if he returns but I'll let Stallone make the wise decision. 8-)
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:46 am
Moviehole wrote:Which former 007 has agreed to join The Expendables?

Pierce Brosnan has agreed to appear in a future “Expendables” sequel, according to Shortlist.

The former 007 was asked by series producer Avi Lerner, who produced Brosnan’s latest film “Survivor”.

“Oh, the offer has come in for the next Expendables,” he said. “I just worked over in Bulgaria with Avi Lerner who makes them. He said, ‘Would you like to be in The Expendables? I’d love to have you’, and I said, ‘Why not?’ So we’ll see.”

“I have no idea which one it would be”, said Brosnan, “I just said yes. It could be [Expendables 7]!”

While it’s too late for “Expendables 3″, with that movie complete and gearing up for release in August, don’t be surprised if Brosnan is in “Expendables 4″.

The actor would be the first former 007 to appear in one of the Sylvester Stallone-starring films.

Awesome!! I hope at least Timothy Dalton follows suit too. 8-)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:21 pm
I've heard they've tried other 007's before like Sean Connery, but he has retired.

Pierce would be cool but besides 4 Bond films he hasn't done too many other action films, will be cool to see but I'm sure it'll be a short appearance. like Bruce and Arnie in EX1. a sort of contact of Barney or boss type character like Harrison in EX3.

will still be cool to see. him, Kurt Russell, a Seagal, Chan and perhaps Dudikoff and this series would be complete.

who else do they need in the series? oldies though.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Pierce Brosnan Game to Appear in The Expendables

Lionsgate's star-studded action flick The Expendables 3 will be opening nationwide in six weeks or so, and assuming that it does as well as most people think, we can probably expect a fourth installment in the franchise sometime next year.

Of course, Sylvester Stallone would be back, but who might join him next time around? One name that's been mentioned is that of Pierce Brosnan, who is best known for being the 5th actor to play James Bond in four hit movies starting with 1995's GoldenEye.

Back in March, Brosnan mentioned that he'd been asked to appear in a future "Expendables" movie, so when talking to Brosnan for his dark comedy A Long Way Down, based on the novel by Nick Hornby, ComingSoon.net asked him about those rumors and if he still had interest in taking a role in the action franchise.

"I said to [producer] Avi Lerner, 'If it works out and you have a good script, Avi, you know where to find me if you still want me.' It's as simple as that really," Brosnan confirmed. "I had a grand time in his company. Sylvester Stallone is the one that's given us these wonderful platforms for actors who have and had careers to go play and have fun and to entertain. To bring a bunch of guys together who saved the world, fought the bad guys, and put them all on the same stage, that's crazy good."

Brosnan defended his fellow actor Kelsey Grammer (who appears in The Expendables 3) when we joked that we don't remember him saving the world that many times in the past. "He's a fantastic actor, Kelsey Grammer. You don't have that kind of career without having a talent, without having something to say and to give to an audience."

Brosnan then added, "It's just about entertainment. Avi is somebody I've heard about and his movies always have big brash entertainment value to them. You can really change the world and that's great, but 'The Expendables'? Yeah, I'd love to do 'The Expendables.' It's just a kick in the pants."

Brosnan seems to be the one that's promoting 'Expendables 4' right now so if the third film is a success I think this could be the start of a new trilogy which could steer the focus away from Stallone and onto a new lead. Brosnan could be the one to do this. 8-)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:17 pm
Stallone confirms Rambo 5 and Expendables 4

In France to promote the now Torrent-outlawed “Expendables 3″, Sylvester Stallone revealed that he’s not done with sequels. Not by a long shot.

While speaking at the press conference for the second sequel to this aging action hero actioner, The 68-year-old confirmed plans for a “Rambo V” and fourth “Expendables”.

The on-again off-again on-again “Rambo V” – which production co Millennium Films later confirmed via Facebook – sees the War-scarred vet taking on human traffikers who work the Mexican border. Stallone told the media that he’s hoping to make something a little classier than the usual actioner with the film, referring to the Coen Bros’ “No Country for Old Men” as the film he hopes “Rambo V” will mimic.

A fourth “Expendables” movie is also – not surprisingly – on the cards, with Stallone winning over the French by declaring to use local legend Christophert Lambert (“Highlander”) in it. “I would like him as a good guy”, said Stallone, “I actually thought about it for [Expendables] 3, but there just wasn’t in room for him.”

Stallone also confessed interest in using fellow Frenchman Jean Reno (“Leon : The Professional”) in a future “Expendables”, as well as – though we’re not sure if he was serious or not – filmmaker Luc Besson. “I would like Luc to play the villain”, Stallone said.

Though not mentioned at the media junket, Stallone’s also expected to reprise Rocky Balboa for the new spin-off “Creed” starring Michael B.Jordan.

http://moviehole.net/201478844stallone- ... endables-4
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Jackie Chan Discusses "The Expendables 4"

In a new interview, Jackie Chan spoke about joining the cast of "The Expendables 4".

On "The Expendables" franchise, the actor said: "This morning the office called - Sly [Stallone] wants me for 'Expendables 4.' I said, 'Okay.' Because they already asked me to be in two and three, but I refused. Well, I didn't refuse, but I said, 'Sly, can't we just do you and me? Not just a bunch of people and me only coming out for five minutes?' Because then the audience is, 'Oh!' And then I'm gone."

Okay. So from what I understand Chan confirmed that he'll be in the fourth film but is hoping to not be just a cameo. I hope that's the case.

So for this film we have so far:

Sylvester Stallone
Pierce Brosnan
Jackie Chan
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:01 am
there's many actors that want in on the Expendables series, it can go either way. one minute someone is attached, the next someone else is instead. Dwayne Johnson wants in, as does Ron Perlman. then there's others that Sly has wanted in the past but declined like Chan.

so who knows who the new cast will be, I just hope the EX3 kids aren't in it and it's R this time!

these movies come out every 2 years so by 2016 we will see.
Last edited by Cyborg on Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to Movies