The Expendables 4

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 29,909.00
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:52 am
Cyborg wrote:there's many actors that want in on the Expendables series, it can go either way. one minute someone is attached, the next someone else is instead. Dwayne Johnson wants in, as does Ron Perlman. then there's others that Sly has wanted in the past but declined line Chan.

That may be the case but here's a few points. Jackie Chan just accepted an offer from Sly for EXP-4 but history between the two would lend to Chan having a larger role in the film. Dwayne Johnson is completely booked for the next few years. If EXP-4 is released in 2016 then Sly must work fast to start production year. So I think the true release date is 2017-18 if Sly is to continue to be the lead, good time to start a new trilogy. And one fact I posted yesterday is Sly is in Rambo mode now.

Cyborg wrote:so who knows who the new cast will be, I just hope the EX3 kids aren't in it and it's R this time!

I still think Pierce Brosnan could be the new lead for this film, I'm not saying Sly won't be in the film but he may have a smaller role this time. But yeah, who knows. Totally agree about your second point though.

Cyborg wrote:these movies come out every 2 years so by 2016 we will see.

Not confirmed yet but you may be right. Could be 2017-18 though.
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 16,970.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:57 pm
I remember hearing that they were gonna film EX4 shortly after 3 was released, which would mean it could have come out next year. thats not the case now, with Rambo 5, Creed and some other movie. but these movies usually take 2 or 3 months to film so there's probably another couple of months of planning beforehand. so if they began filming in late 2015 it should be no problem having this released in August of 2016. there's still plenty of time to do all that.

and about the kids, hopefully he just recruited them in EX3 for that one mission only!
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:02 pm
I hope the younger cast is out too.

Here's the cast talking about EXP-4:

According to the clip:

Sylvester Stallone is aiming for two more films (4 & 5) with him in the lead then he'll cameo like Bruce Willis in EXP-1 for future sequels.
Antonio Banderas wants to return.
Wesley Snipes wants to return.

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:28 pm
I've watched the first 2 films recently and they're fun films with some good action Schwarzenegger has some funny dialogue. When he's with Bruce Willis in Part 2, "Who's next? Rambo?" :lol:
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:28 pm
Supernatural-Fan wrote:I've watched the first 2 films recently and they're fun films with some good action Schwarzenegger has some funny dialogue. When he's with Bruce Willis in Part 2, "Who's next? Rambo?" :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the 'Expendable' films. ;) But I do hope they improve with the fourth film.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:20 pm
BAM! Officially a go!

Collider wrote:‘Expendables 4’ to Start Filming in 2016 for a 2017 Release

Despite the fact that The Expendables 3 was the action franchise’s lowest box office take on both domestic and international stages, a fourth installment is expected to go into production next year. The Expendables 4 will reportedly have a budget north of $100 million when it starts filming in 2016 with an eye on a 2017 release date. No directors or cast members have been announced just yet, but the movie is expected to keep the all-action star trend seen in the previous three pictures.

Variety reports that The Expendables 4 is a go after a series of deals were finalized between Nu Image / Millennium and Steven Paul’s SP International Pictures on behalf of SSXH Beijing and Max Screen Film Distribution. The deals, which also include Nu Image / Millennium’s Security, cover equity investments in both films along with Chinese distribution rights. Chinese locations will be available for shooting some scenes, but it doesn’t look like these will be considered full co-productions since there might not be enough Chinese elements involved.

China was responsible for $78 million of The Expendables 3‘s franchise low of $206 million; the domestic contribution was also a franchise low at $39 million. In other words, it makes sense to secure Chinese investment ahead of time for a fourth film especially as all signs point toward the Chinese and international markets as those most interested in another round of Expendables. Why are they so successful in China? As Paul says:

“What seems to work in their favour in China, is that these movies are good old-fashioned shoot ’em up entertainment.”

Despite rating the most recent film PG-13, presumably to capture a wider audience, The Expendables 3 performed relatively poorly; perhaps we’ll be going back to an R rating in The Expendables 4.

Security, by the way, is about to start production in Bulgaria with Alain Desrochers directing and Antonio Banderas and Ben Kingsley starring. The action-thriller follows a security guard who protects a woman targeted by a gang for participating as a trial witness.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:01 pm
good news, new they would do it but wish it stick to the every 2 years thing they've been doing. will feel uneven. the 3rd only took a couple months to film, they could easily release it at the end of 2016 if not August. if they want it to do well, especially in China just get Jackie Chan, Chow Yun Fat and let Jet Li have more screen time and it'll be a winner.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:22 pm
we will have to wait till 2018 which will be the last one. I think they should make/release a 5th in 2020 as it'll be the 10th anniversary.

although if the 4th does well then the studio will want more, if so Sly probably won't be in the drivers seat.

perhaps it'll be the Statham and Snipes show, or Statham and Lundgren Show.

the villain just has to be Seagal! if so he'd better loose the weight ans loose the facial hair!

I really think they should aim for a April release over August, Fast and Furious series usually get released in April and won't be releasing one then, perfect replacement for people looking for action.

Expendables 4 Is Coming in 2018, Will Be Final Sequel

It's been over two years since Lionsgate released The Expendables 3, and since then, we've heard a number of different reports about the next follow-up, The Expendables 4. One report even claimed that legendary boxer Manny Pacquiao was being eyed to star in the sequel, but Sylvester Stallone shot down those rumors. Still, it's been quite some time since there has been any updates. Now, the movie is confirmed to be moving forward, with foreign distributor Splendid Film picking up the distribution rights across all of German-speaking Europe, with a release date slated for sometime in 2018. It will be the final sequel for this action franchise.

The Hollywood Reporter reveals that the German distributor previously distributed the first three Expendables movies, which have earned roughly $30 million combined at the German box office. Even with a German distributor secured, it hasn't been confirmed if Lionsgate will distribute this franchise-ending sequel domestically, like they did with the first three movies. It also remains to be seen if this final film will stop the franchise's downward box office trend, after opening big with the first movie.

2010's The Expendables took in a healthy $103 million domestically and another $171.4 million overseas for a worldwide total of $274.4 million worldwide, from an $80 million budget. Sylvester Stallone wrote, directed and starred in this action-thriller, leading an all-star cast of action icons such as Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture, Terry Crews and Steve Austin. The Expendables 2 followed just two years later, with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis getting larger roles after having extended cameos in the first, alongside Jean-Claude Van Damme as the villain. The sequel dropped a bit domestically ($85 million) but increased internationally ($229.9 million) for a worldwide total of $314.9 million, from a $100 million budget.

The last installment, 2014's The Expendables 3, took a big step back, financially at least, which is even more surprising considering they ditched the R rating in favorable of reaching a wider audience with a PG-13 rating. That gamble did not pay off, with The Expendables 3 taking in a franchise low $39.3 million domestically and $175.3 million internationally for a worldwide total of $214.6 million, although the budget figures were not disclosed. This action sequel brought Mel Gibson into the fold as the main villain, with other new additions such as Wesley Snipes, Harrison Ford and Kelsey Grammer.

The last we heard about this action sequel was that it was eyeing a 2017 release, and that it may be partially shot in China, with production company Nu Image / Millennium striking a deal with China last October. It isn't known if The Expendables 3 director Patrick Hughes will return to the helm, or if franchise creator/star Sylvester Stallone will come back to the director's chair. No cast members have been confirmed at this time, but with foreign distributors being lined up, we may hear more on The Expendables 4 soon. Splendid has also acquired the rights to awards season favorite Moonlight, along with a number of upcoming films. Splendid has picked up director Nancy Meyers' Home Again starring Reese Witherspoon and Candice Bergen along with the Speirig Brothers' (Daybreakers, Predestination) horror-thriller Winchester, starring Helen Mirren. The company has also picked up Stoic starring Antonio Banderas and the crime drama Unchained, starring John Malkovich and Adrien Brody.

http://movieweb.com/expendables-4-release-date-2018-final-sequel/
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:33 am
apparently Stallone has quit the Expendables franchise!! :shock:

it was because of a disagreement over the director for it and oth issues with the producer about the script and such.

I don't get it, the franchise is his baby. he's got a big ego so it strikes me as odd that he would walk away so easy.

perhaps Arnie can take over?

read all about it here - http://moviehole.net/2017114078stallone ... xpendables

it was posted April 1st so I thought it was an April Fools joke but it's a few days later and nothing to say it was fake news unfortunately.

I'm sure they'll make it, but he was just gonna do Ex4 and be done with it anyway, so what gives?!

hopefully they work something out.
Previous

Return to Movies