All Eyez on Me (Tupac Shakur Biopic)

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:41 pm
Collider wrote:Antoine Fuqua’s Next Film Will Be a Tupac Shakur Biopic

Director Antoine Fuqua (Training Day) will take on a biopic of slain rapper Tupac Shakur as his next project. Speaking to the Digital Spy, Fuqua said:

“It looks like we’re doing Tupac Shakur’s movie next in September, that’s what I’ve been starting up and working on now. I’ve been working on that for a while with Morgan Creek and Jim Robinson. I just got the greenlight from him and we’re going in September. I’ve just started to prep that.”

It will be interesting to see how Fuqua approaches Tupac’s feud with Notorious BIG in comparison to how George Tillman Jr. told it from BIG’s perspective in last year’s Notorious. As to the rumor that Fuqua would be re-teaming with his Tears of the Sun star Bruce Willis for the prison break drama The Tomb, the director said, “That’s a conversation I’ve been having with Bruce.” Fuqua is also attached to direct an adaptation of the spy thriller novel Consent to Kill. A documentary of Shakur’s life, 2003′s Tupac: Resurrection, was nominated for an Oscar.

Grew up in the 90's but completely missed the boat with Tupac so I'm intruiged with this film. ;)
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,218.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:22 pm
Um, I think you've posted a 4 year old news topic Kal ;) Antoine was in talks a few years ago.

this news article tells different -

John Singleton returns to Tupac biopic

John Singleton looks to return to the director’s chair for Morgan Creek’s long-gestating Tupac Shakur biopic, which fell apart a couple of years ago.

Variety says the “Boyz N’The Hood” helmer has signed on to rewrite, direct and produce the movie, which will be co-financed by Emmett/Furla/Oasis.

“Tupac was the guy who I planned to do a lifetime of films with,” Singleton said. “His passing deeply affected my life as well as countless people in this world. His life story is as important to my generation.”

The production, now scouring for an actor to play the late musician, looks to shoot in June.

Singelton worked with the late Shakur on the film “Poetic Justice” in 1993.

http://moviehole.net/201473413john-sing ... pac-biopic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:30 pm
anyway, Im glad they got John Singleton, at least he has worked with Tupac before. he would
know a lot about him, his personality and his story more then other directors and writers would.

I love Biopics, I love 80s and 90s anything so I'm interested in this. I was born in the early 80s and didn't really know much about Tupac or Biggie Smalls until the 00's. I've seen docos on 2pac and most of his movies and I loved the movie Notorious so I'm definately gonna see this. Tupac and Singleton's movie 'Poetic Justice' was good, and if this is anything like a mixture of that and Boyz N the Hood I'd be down for this!

here's a Trailer for Poetic Justice -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:03 am
I wonder what they would call this? calling it 2Pac/Tupac would be lame.

I reckon it should be called - That's Just The Way It Is

mainly due to this cool song of his, they could play it a couple times during the movie.

I'd imagine the trailer might be similar.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:29 am
this was gonna be directed by Fuqua, then John Singleton and now it's officially directed by someone called Benny Boom. not only that but they have found their 2pac, Demetrius Shipp Jr. also the guy that played Biggie Smalls in the 2009 biopic Notorious will be returning to play Biggie in this!

here's the guy playing Tupac, looks just like him. seen many look a likes but he's the best!

he and the actor that played Biggie in Notorius.

ImageImage

enjoyed Notorious and Straight Outta Compton, I'm sure this will be good too.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:08 am
our first look, a short Teaser -

not released by a major studio, won't get a cinema release here...

probably.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:47 am
this was released a few months ago, only just found it now.

he looks the part, and by the looks of it can act the part too.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:40 pm
this is actually getting a cinema release here, saw the first trailer below a few times at the cinema and the reactions were positive. new trailers here -

Tupac's Alive, Biggie's Alive!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:46 pm
just saw it, pretty good actually.

it was a little slow in parts and they focused on recreating concerts and interviews, but they did do a good job at that. the guy they got to play him did a pretty good job I think and looks almost identical to 2pac. they went through quite a bit of his life, maybe they went through a little too quick. interesting life he had, knew some of it. they recreated the real shooting as well as the last photo taken of him, I got a little emotional knowing what was gonna happen. the end credits could have been better, they showed a brief real interview and recreated concert stuff. should have shown photos of the actors and real people. out of the 3 rapper biopics it's probably last - Straight Outta Compton, Notorious and this. cool they got the guy that played Biggie, looked like he was bored like he didn't want to be there though. it's still pretty good, stuff in it may have been fictional but they do tend to do that.

Movie:

This movie was rated 3.5 stars out of 5

Return to Movies