Steve Jobs (Biopic 2)

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:20 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Christian Bale Confirmed For Steve Jobs Biopic, To Appear in Every Frame of the Film

After Leonardo DiCaprio dropped out of starring in Sony's Steve Jobs biopic, written by Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network) and directed by Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire), the studio reached out to Christian Bale as his possible replacement.

In a new interview with Bloomberg, Sorkin confirmed that Bale has already signed on. "We needed the best actor on the board in a certain age range and that's Chris Bale," he said. "The role is an extremely difficult role; he has more words to say in this movie than most people have in three movies combined. There isn't a scene or frame that he's not in."

Sorkin previously said that the new movie will consist of only three scenes "that all take place in real time. Each will take place backstage before a product launch. The first one being the Mac, the second one being NeXT, after he had left Apple. And the third one being the iPod."

iBatman. :ugeek:
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:52 pm
Collider wrote:Seth Rogen Eyed to Play Steve Wozniak Opposite Christian Bale’s Steve Jobs; Jessica Chastain Sought for Role

With Christian Bale now firmed up to play Steve Jobs in director Danny Boyle’s (Slumdog Millionaire) biopic for Sony, the rest of the cast is starting to come together. Aaron Sorkin’s script for the film is not your traditional biopic, and instead is comprised of three long scenes that revolve around three major product launches: the Mac in 1984, the NeXT in 1996, and the iPod in 2001. While Bale’s Jobs will no doubt be the central focus of the film, it appears that Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak also figures into some of these scenes, as word comes that none other than Seth Rogen may take on the role of Wozniak in the film.

The Wrap, Seth Rogen is being eyed to play Steve Wozniak in Boyle’s Steve Jobs movie, though Variety goes one further and says Rogen is set in the role. Wozniak was a key figure in the creation of Apple, working alongside Jobs to develop, create, and launch their groundbreaking technology. Rogen is certainly an interesting choice for the role, and seeing as how his friend Jonah Hill has been taking on more challenging dramatic parts in films like Moneyball and The Wolf of Wall Street, one imagines Rogen might be up for the task of playing Wozniak in the film. He’s certainly proved to be more than capable with dramatic material in movies like 50/50 and Take This Waltz, and it’d be kind of great to hear Aaron Sorkin dialogue in Rogen’s signature voice.

Rogen is plenty busy at the moment having wrapped an untitled X-Mas film with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and director Jonathan Levine, and he’s currently in production on the animated feature Sausage Party as well as readying his next directorial effort, The Interview, for release in December. Moreover, he and partner Evan Goldberg are working on the pilot script for an adaptation of the comic Preacher to air on AMC.

In addition to Rogen, The Wrap notes that Jessica Chastain is being sought for a role in the Steve Jobs movie, though there are no further details given. The Wrap’s report adds that Rogen and Chastain are not the only actors in the mix for these parts, though Variety says Rogen’s already set as Wozniak so we’ll se how everything turns out. An interesting development to be sure, though, and certainly more prestigious casting than the Ashton Kutcher-led biopic Jobs that was rushed into production following the innovator’s death.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:06 pm
Collider wrote:Universal’s STEVE JOBS Movie Title Confirmed as Official Cast and Logline Are Revealed

It’s been a bit of a rough road to get here, but Universal Pictures announced today that filming is formally underway on the biopic Steve Jobs, which is the film’s official title. The Aaron Sorkin-scripted project was in development at Sony as one of their high-priority projects for a couple of years, and after close-calls with everyone from David Fincher to Christian Bale to Leonardo DiCaprio, Sony finally set up the film with Danny Boyle directing and Michael Fassbender starring as the Apple innovator. However, arguments over budget and the final casting led to Sony dropping the project, after which Universal swiftly picked it up and finally got this thing in gear.

We’ve known that filming was underway in San Francisco thanks to some set video that made its way online a couple of weeks ago, revealing that Boyle and Co. are filming in the exact same garage where Jobs and his friends built the first Apple computer. In Universal’s press release, they unveiled the official logline for Sorkin’s unique take on Jobs’ life:

"Set backstage at three iconic product launches and ending in 1998 with the unveiling of the iMac, the film takes us behind the scenes of the digital revolution to paint an intimate portrait of the brilliant man at its epicenter."

In addition, Universal confirmed the full cast as follows:

Michael Fassbender as Steve Jobs

Kate Winslet as Joanna Hoffman, former Macintosh marketing chief

Seth Rogen as Steve Wozniak, Apple co-founder

Jeff Daniels as John Sculley, former Apple CEO

Katherine Waterston as Chrisann Brenna, Jobs’ ex-girlfriend and mother of his child

Michael Stuhlbarg as Andy Hertzfeld, an original Apple Macintosh development team member

Perla Haney-Jardine, Ripley Sobo, and Mackenzie Moss as Jobs’ daughter Lisa Brennan at various stages of her life

Sarah Snook as Andrea Cunningham, project leader of Apple Macintosh

Adam Shapiro as Avie Tevanian, Apple Computer Senior VP of Software Engineering

I may be a bit biased given my adoration for most things Aaron Sorkin, but this is one of my most anticipated projects currently in development. I’m also incredibly curious to see how Boyle intends to visualize what’s essentially a play as a feature film, and of course Fassbender’s performance will be of great interest.

Universal hasn’t set an official release date for the Steve Jobs movie just yet, but I imagine they’ll take a look at what Boyle has assembled this summer and see if it’s possible to give the film an awards push later this year.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:28 pm
Collider wrote:STEVE JOBS Images Reveal Michael Fassbender and Seth Rogen In Character

I’m intrigued by the idea of director Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, Sunshine) taking on this Steve Jobs movie for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that Aaron Sorkin‘s script bucks conventional bio-pic formula by focussing on three key moments from Jobs’ life. The birth-to-death route for these films had been done to death by the time Walk Hard hit in 2007 but still shows no signs of slowing down, so kudos to this film for taking a “less is more” approach.

Filming has just recently gotten underway, and a few images from the set have been popping up. I like how they aren’t going out of their way to make Fassbender look like Steve Jobs with hair and prosthetics, instead relying on his tools as an actor to get the job done. You can see one of the new Steve Jobs images below and, if you aren’t sated, there are a few more at The Daily Mail. Kate Winslet, Jeff Daniels, and Katherine Waterston also star in the film.

Here’s the official synopsis for Steve Jobs:

"Set backstage at three iconic product launches and ending in 1998 with the unveiling of the iMac, the film takes us behind the scenes of the digital revolution to paint an intimate portrait of the brilliant man at its epicenter."

Image Image Image Image Image

Michael Fassbender is great, don't get me wrong.. But he is miscast here. This is a good comparison from the images above:

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:42 pm
yeah your right, after seeing those pics I don't see him as Steve.

Ashton was better in my opinion, and everyone hated jim in Jobs.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:34 pm
Cyborg wrote:Ashton was better in my opinion, and everyone hated jim in Jobs.

I actually enjoyed Ashton in jOBS. He played the part almost properly in my opinion and he couldn't go wrong with the scenes in the 70's. :lol:

Teaser trailer:

I still don't see it. Fassbender will take me out of the film...
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:07 pm
Ashton looked the part and did a real good 'Job' ;) I can kinda see Steve in Michael just a tad, but not as a young Steve. but I'm sure they'll be focusing on an older Steve. don't think Rogan is right for his part. its only a short trailer so I'm sure the movie will look better when a new trailer comes out.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:56 pm

doesn't look all that good to me
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:53 am
looks interesting -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:43 am
saw I yesterday, didn't think much of it.

only 3 main scenes, and it was all dialogue scenes. didn't get much info, on the history. the movie ends in 1998.

the acting was pretty good, but I saw Seth Rogan as... Seth Rogan and not the character.

I much prefer Jobs, they cover everything and was more interesting. this one was the opposite.

Movie:

This movie was rated 2.5 stars out of 5
Previous

Return to Movies