Bad Boys 3

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,358.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:32 pm
they are currently writing this, no word if Bay is returning to direct but I guess they'll make it with or without him. but hopefully he will Direct, that's if he can get himself away from his damn Transformer movies, watching a Pain and Gain I just know he wants to come back!

here's an article on it - http://moviehole.net/201370877guggenhei ... qgTon8aySM
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:47 pm
Exactly, "Pain and Gain" was a welcome surprise for me and I hope Bad Boys 3 is made with Bay's signature style. Especially since he directed the last two films. ;-)
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:46 pm
Worst Previews wrote:"Bad Boys 3" Hasn't Happened Due to Bad Timing

During a new interview, producer Jerry Bruckheimer spoke about "Bad Boys 3," which has been rumored ever since the second film was released. According to Bruckheimer, the third film is a victim of bad timing.

"It's so funny because we'll get Sony real excited to make the movie, and then Will [Smith] is off doing two movies," he explained. "And then, Will will come back and be real excited about it, and Sony will say, 'Well, maybe it's not the time for this.' And then, 'Ride Along' came out and was a big hit, and now they're all excited to make the movie, but Will is off doing something else. It's just trying to get everybody together to make it. But, we're working on the script. We have a lot of faith and hope that we'll do it."

Bruckheimer also gave an update on Nicolas Cage's "National Treasure 3," stating: "Those are the hardest movies to make because they're all based on clues. It's so difficult to work them out. But, we got a first act in [on Friday], and [director] Jon [Turteltaub] was very excited about it and I'm very excited about it. Hopefully, the first act will lead into the second act and the third act, and we'll get this thing going."
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:10 pm
balls! it'll get made, just not right away is all.

but if they do make it, make it the last one and go out with a bang!
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:32 pm
Cyborg wrote:balls! it'll get made, just not right away is all.

but if they do make it, make it the last one and go out with a bang!

I'm pretty sure it will get made. It's just an article talking about why there was always a delay since the second film is all. ;)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:05 pm
yeah, was hoping it would come out next year though :(

by this stage we might have to wait till 2016 or 2017, better not be 2018!!
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:00 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Martin Lawrence Says "Bad Boys 3" is Happening

We've been hearing about "Bad Boys 3" for a while, but nothing ever happened. But in a new interview, Martin Lawrence revealed that he just met with producer Jerry Bruckheimer about the project.

When asked if "Bad Boys 3" will ever happen, the actor replied: "I believe so. Yes. I just talked to Jerry Bruckheimer yesterday and he said its real, they're working on the script, they're getting close and it all looks good."

Bruckheimer previously said that everyone wants to make "Bad Boys 3," but with people like Will Smith and director Michael Bay involved, it may be impossible to find the right time for everyone's schedules to work out.

But there's still hope since David Guggenheim (Safe House) is still working on the script.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:42 pm
this indeed happening, will be released in Feb 2017. not only that, BB4 will be out in 2019!

was not expecting a 4th so soon, sounds like they are making up for lost time. BB2 came out in 2003!

they should call part 4, Bad Boys 4 Life :)

http://moviehole.net/201593988bad-boys- ... 4-greenlit
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:30 pm
Collider wrote:Will Smith May Only Produce ‘Bad Boys 3′ and ‘4’

The prospect of a further Bad Boys sequel has been one that’s not exactly impossible, but seemed more improbable with each subsequent Transformers movie that Michael Bay opted to make instead. However, Bad Boys 3 gained new life this summer when The Grey and Narc director Joe Carnahan entered talks to write a new script and even possibly direct. Then, without warning, Sony Pictures went on to unveil the existence of another Bad Boys sequel, Bad Boys 4, when they announced release dates for both—Bad Boys 3 is slated to arrive on February 17, 2017, while Bad Boys 4 has been given a July 3, 2019 release date.

Interest was understandably piqued at this announcement—the revelation of a release date for Bad Boys 3 meant it was real, but the announcement of a release date for Bad Boys 4 means Sony has serious plans for reviving the franchise. But what of the titular stars of the films, Will Smith and Martin Lawrence?

Both actors have been fairly open to returning in the past with the expectation that Bay would direct, but now THR is throwing some potential doubt on the prospect of at least one of those actors returning. In a report on Sony chief Tom Rothman’s robust new slate, THR notes that while Will Smith will be involved in the Bad Boys sequels, it’s currently unclear if he’ll star, produce, or both.

Smith is making some interesting career moves as of late. He’s notoriously protective of his image, but he’s making his superhero movie debut in next year’s Suicide Squad as Batman villain Deadshot. And he also leads the upcoming drama Concussion, a film about the doctor who made the first discovery of football-related brain trauma, and a movie against which the NFL is already preparing a stringent defense.

I’d certainly be interested in seeing the Smith/Lawrence dynamic back onscreen in another Bad Boys film—especially with a different director taking over the franchise—but it’s possible Smith isn’t crazy about returning onscreen. Or it’s possible Sony goes the “soft reboot” route and gets Smith and Lawrence to return alongside younger characters in a “passing of the baton”-type deal for Bad Boys 3 that would lead to a Smith and Lawrence-less Bad Boys 4.

Right now it’s unclear exactly to what extent Smith will be involved in the follow-up, but we’ll likely hear more news on the Bad Boys 3 front soon as Sony needs to get this thing in front of cameras next year.

I knew there was a catch. What's the point then? :|
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:08 am
there's no point, if he doesn't want to return... he's an idiot. he can still do the other movies he wants to do, filming 3 will just take a few months out of his life.. and he'll make a sheet load of money. I can forgive him for turning down Independence Day 2 but come on!!

he's expressed interest in the past, and even recently. not sure what's changed.
Next

Return to Movies