X-Men: Apocalypse

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:49 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Sophie Turner Talks Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse

The upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse is aiming to be both a closing chapter and a new start for the classic Marvel characters on the big screen. Though planned as the conclusion of the “First Class” trilogy, the film will also introduce younger versions of previously-seen characters and seemingly pave the road for a new batch of “X-Men” movies to follow. One of those new additions is “Game of Thrones” star Sophie Turner as Jean Grey, who believes her work on the HBO series led to her getting cast in the film.

“I think maybe one of the reasons that they chose me for [Jean] is because they saw the dark side of Sansa,” Turner tells IGN. “Maybe they’re thinking, ‘Oh, Phoenix, Jean Grey.’ I definitely see a lot of parallels in there…..[Jean] struggles with her power… and not being accepted in the human world. I think in terms of [Game of Thrones], that’s kind of the way Sansa felt in that she really wanted to be a normal princess/queen and live a normal life — and she doesn’t, because of all this havoc happens. I think Jean, in a way, feels that.”

Turner went on to talk about the influence of Famke Janssen in the role, saying she plans to emulate her in addition to bringing her own flair to the character.

“I think Famke played Jean incredibly well, but also, I’m playing a younger version of her,” Turner said. “I want to emulate Famke in a sense, because she has to seem like the Jean in the first two movies, but I’m also going to put my own twist on her. I think I’m also going to take inspiration from the comics. I don’t know, we’ll see.”

In other X-Men news, building off of yesterday’s images, director Bryan Singer tweeted out a new photo of set construction for “Apocalypse” as a brand new Cerebro is being built. Check it out below!

Turner is joined by James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult in addition to Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert and other newcomers Alexandra Shipp as Storm and Tye Sheridan Cyclops.

The film is being written by Simon Kinberg from a treatment by Mike Dougherty, Dan Harris and Kinberg. Cameras will start rolling on the next adventure in Montreal beginning in April. X-Men: Apocalypse is set for release on May 27, 2016.

Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:29 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Kodi Smit-McPhee is Nightcrawler in X-Men: Apocalypse!

Nightcrawler, the “fuzzy elf” mutant with the ability to teleport, is headed back to the big screen! X-Men: Apocalypse director Bryan Singer just revealed (via his Instagram account) that Kodi Smit-McPhee (ParaNorman, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) will play the character in the May 27, 2016 release.

James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult are set to lead the cast of X-Men: Apocalypse, which will also see the return of Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert and newcomers Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, and Tye Sheridan as young versions of Storm, Jean Grey, and Cyclops. Oscar Isaac is set to star as the film’s title mutant antagonist.

Nightcrawler, created by Len Wein and Dave Cockrum, made his first comic book appearance in “Giant Size X-Men” #1 back in 1975. Singer previously cast Alan Cumming as an older (and now parallel timeline) version of Nightcrawler in his X2.

X-Men: Apocalypse is being written by Simon Kinberg from a treatment by Mike Dougherty, Dan Harris and Kinberg.

Said to be the conclusion of a trilogy started with X-Men: First Class and continued with X-Men: Days of Future Past, cameras will start rolling on the next adventure in Montreal beginning in April.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:30 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Ben Hardy Joins X-Men: Apocalypse in ‘Significant’ Comic Book Role

Although there’s no telling exactly who the actor is playing quite yet, Variety reports that “EastEnders” star Ben Hardy has joined the cast of Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Apocalypse in a role that, according to the outlet, represents a “significant” character in the comic book Marvel Universe. Hardy’s name has been heard before in connection with the 20th Century Fox sequel. He was listed earlier this year as a contender to play Cyclops, although that role ultimately went to Tye Sheridan.

James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult will lead the cast of X-Men: Apocalypse, which will also see the return of Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, Evan Peters as Quicksilver and newcomers Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, Kodi Smit-McPhee and Sheridan as young versions of Storm, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler and Cyclops. The film is being written by Simon Kinberg from a treatment by Mike Dougherty, Dan Harris and Kinberg.

Said to be the conclusion of a trilogy started with X-Men: First Class and continued with X-Men: Days of Future Past, cameras will start rolling on the next adventure in Montreal beginning in April. X-Men: Apocalypse is set for release on May 27, 2016.

Conclusion? Okay. Next one will definitely be "X-Men 4" with "Deadpool, Gambit and Wolverine 2" films setting the stage for the original cast to return in the new timeline. 8-)
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:39 pm
Superhero Hype wrote:Jennifer Lawrence Says X-Men: Apocalypse Will be Her Last Film in the Series

20th Century Fox certainly lucked out in nabbing Jennifer Lawrence for the X-Men series right before she achieved mega-stardom with the Hunger Games franchise and an Oscar-win for Silver Linings Playbook. X-Men: Days of Future Past took advantage of this by making her Mystique a pivotal character, although if a new interview with MTV is any indication Mystique will not be so front-and-center after the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse.

“It is my last one, actually, yes,” confirmed Lawrence of bowing out of the mutant-verse after next summer’s blockbuster.

This comes as no surprise as she is one of the most sought-after actresses in Hollywood at the moment, having just signed on to headline director Steven Spielberg’s adaptation of Lynsey Addario’s memoir “It’s What I Do: A Photographer’s Life of Love and War.” She will also be reteaming once again with Bradley Cooper and director David O. Russell for this Christmas’s awards contender Joy right after her final bow as Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2. In other words, it’s very clear that the X-Men franchise needs her a lot more than she needs it.

James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult will lead the cast of X-Men: Apocalypse, which will also see the return of Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert and newcomers Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan and Kodi Smit-McPhee as young versions of Storm, Jean Grey, Cyclops and Nightcrawler. Evan Peters is also expected to make a return appearance as Quicksilver. The film is being written by Simon Kinberg from a treatment by Mike Dougherty, Dan Harris and Kinberg.

Said to be the conclusion of a trilogy started with X-Men: First Class and continued with X-Men: Days of Future Past, cameras will start rolling on the next adventure in Montreal beginning in April, once again under the direction of Bryan Singer. X-Men: Apocalypse is set for release on May 27, 2016.

Yep. Next film after this will be "Deadpool" set in current day 2016 and "Wolverine 2" set in 2023 with Patrick Stewart returning as Xavier. Hopefully we'll then get "X-Men 4" with the original cast we witnessed in "Days of Future Past". 8-)

Superhero Hype wrote:X-Men: Apocalypse Recruits Newcomer Lana Condor as Jubilee

X-Men: Apocalypse director Bryan Singer took to Instagram today to announce another new addition to the film’s cast in the form of newcomer Lana Condor, who will take on the role of Jubilation Lee, AKA Jubilee.

Created by Chris Claremont and Marc Silvestri, the character first appeared in “Uncanny X-Men” #244 and for a time was the youngest member of the core team. The character’s mutation allowed her to create and control energy plasmoids akin to fireworks. She previously appeared in the original three “X-Men” films where she was played by Katrina Florence (X-Men) and by Kea Wong (X2 & X-Men: The Last Stand).

Condor joins a cast the includes James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, and Rose Byrne reprising their roles along with Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan and Kodi Smit-McPhee as young versions of Storm, Jean Grey, Cyclops and Nightcrawler. Evan Peters is also expected to make a return appearance as Quicksilver with Oscar Isaac making his debut as the title villain, Apocalypse. The film is being written by Simon Kinberg from a treatment by Mike Dougherty, Dan Harris and Kinberg.

Said to be the conclusion of a trilogy started with X-Men: First Class and continued with X-Men: Days of Future Past, cameras will start rolling on the next adventure in Montreal beginning in April. Once again under the direction of Bryan Singer, X-Men: Apocalypse is set for release on May 27, 2016.

Yay another Lana. :lol: Seriously haven't seen Jubilee since the 90's cartoon.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:04 pm
Set photo (Young Jubilee and Jean Grey):

80's!!!!!! I know it's technically the 90's but this theme would go so well for this film:

Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:13 am
the apocalypse is here, X-Men Apocalypse Trailer that is -

Edit, 2nd Trailer -

looks good!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:27 am
Last Trailer, with a special cameo at the end! spoiler alert, duh

Spoiler: show
had no idea Logan was in it, they kept that secret well and like Captain America 3 they felt the need to put that cameo in the last trailer
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:56 pm
just saw it, not bad.

Days of Future Past is way better, this was good too but a bit slow and long. highlights were the certain cameo which was kept quiet and the quicksilver scene. it has some funny moments and some references to certain things. but I don't get how this is set 10 years after the 2nd one and the actors look the same. if the first X-Men is set in 2000 when it was released and the next one is set in the 90s which I've heard it is then the actors are gonna have to age pretty quick, Charles and Magneto especially. the young versions of characters from the original trilogy were fine, liked young Nkghtcrawler. so many unanswered questions about Raven being good in this and bad in X 1-3, what happened inbetween this one and then? same goes for Magneto.

it's not too bad.

Movie:

This movie was rated 3.5 stars out of 5
Previous

Return to Movies