X-Men: Apocalypse

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,393.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:14 pm
X-Men : Apocalypse coming 2016!

Bryan Singer let drop on Twitter earlier that he’s been charged with the task of polishing Xavier’s cranium again; a “X-Men” movie will unspool in 2016.

Twentieth Century Fox has confirmed it, saying May 16, 2016 is when “X-Men : Apocalypse” will make dirty with the Dolby speakers of your local multiplex.

No word on what “Apocalypse” will be out – or which ‘X-Men’ it will include, but there’s a fair chance Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) won’t be involved this time around, since Jackman’s going to busy shooting the hairball’s next solo adventure.

Singer’s “X-Men : Days of Future Past” opens next year.

http://moviehole.net/201370763x-men-apo ... qFL2X8aySM
Bafta Winner
Cash on hand: 77.50
Bank: 32,900.00
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:55 pm
Excellent. Fox seem to be making sure they get X-Men right this time. Man... Bryan Singer should have never left this franchise for Superman, but then we would never have had "First Class" so I suppose it all works out in the end. ;-)
Formally known as SUPER-BLUR [2010-2013] and now known as KAL [2005-2010/2014-]
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:03 pm
Collider wrote:Bryan Singer Says X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Will Address the Origins of Mutants

Director Bryan Singer is returning to the X-Men franchise with this summer’s star-studded X-Men: Days of Future Past, and if things go his way this won’t be his last foray with the X-Men universe. A few months ago, Singer made the surprising announcement that 20th Century Fox was already moving forward with a Days of Future Past follow-up called X-Men: Apocalypse, which now has a release date of May 27, 2016. Little is known about Apocalypse other than the fact that it will focus more on the First Class cast rather than the Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart versions of the characters, but we do know that Singer intends to take the helm of Apocalypse as well. Additionally, he’s brought on X2 scribes Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty to help pen the script alongside DOFP writer Simon Kinberg.

Singer recently spoke a bit about X-Men: Apocalypse, confirming that he intends to direct the pic and revealing that the follow-up will explore the deep origins of mutants. Hit the jump for more, including whether we can expect a tease of Apocalypse in DOFP.

Speaking with EW, Singer confirmed that he’s currently in negotiations to direct X-Men: Apocalypse:

“I’m co-writing the story and I’m producing it. I’m negotiating to direct. We’re in the process. We’re trying to figure it out, schedules. My desire would be to direct it.”

The filmmaker is currently pulling double-duty, finishing up post-production on Days of Future Past while prepping the screenplay for Apocalypse. Even so, he says he hasn’t fully decided whether DOFP will include a tease for Apocalypse:

“I’m still deciding [whether Days of Future Past will feature an Apocalypse tease]. Something that happens in this movie causes what’s going to happen in that movie.”

In other words, expect something. As for what the story for X-Men: Apocalypse entails, Singer says the film will delve into mutant origins:

“It will also address historical mutant-cy, meaning the deep past, mutant origins and things like that. It’s something that’s always intrigued me when we think about our Gods and our history and miracles and powers.”

This isn’t an incredibly surprising notion, given that in the comics the titular Apocalypse was an immortal mutant—possibly the first ever—who had his roots in ancient Egypt. Hopefully we’ll have a better idea of what to expect once we’ve seen Days of Future Past, but for now this is pretty exciting stuff. X-Men: Days of Future Past opens May 23rd.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:55 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Channing Tatum May Play Gambit in "X-Men: Apocalypse"

While promoting "X-Men: Days of Future Past," director Bryan Singer revealed that he's already working with writers Simon Kinberg, Mike Dougherty and Dan Harris on "X-Men: Apocalypse," which will be released in 2016.

Singer didn't reveal whether Jackman will reprise his role as Wolverine, but mentioned that he's thinking of bringing back Gambit and Nightcrawler. "I'm considering Gambit and potentially a young Nightcrawler for 'Apocalypse,'" he said. "I was going to have Nightcrawler [in 'Days of Future Past'] and even wrote a scene, but I felt that we were forcing too many mutants into the story."

Adding Gambit may mean that the role will be played by Channing Tatum, who has gone on record numerous times that he would love the chance to play the superhero. "X-Men" producer Lauren Shuler Donner recently confirmed that she's been talking to Tatum about a way to have him appear on the big screen as the character.
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:40 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Bryan Singer Unveils First "X-Men: Apocalypse" Details

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" won't hit theaters until next month, but director Bryan Singer and writer Simon Kinberg are already looking forward to working on "X-Men: Apocalypse," the next installment in the franchise.

Singer explained that film will not be a copy of the "Age of Apocalypse" comic book storyline. "[The movie] won't necessarily create an alternate universe, but there may be some swapping things that I'm playing with," said Singer. Kinberg added: "From a visual standpoint it actually may be a bigger movie than 'Days of Future Past' because there'll be disaster movie imagery. Like the title would imply."

Singer went on to say that "Days of Future Past" won't directly set up "Apocalypse." He explained: "What it does is it sets up possibilities. But what we'll discover in 'Apocalypse' is that events in ['Days of Future Past'] made that happen."

The plan is to bring back Professor X (James McAvoy), Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Gambit and Nightcrawler. "I want to start introducing familiar characters at different ages and also explore the '80s," he revealed.

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" will be released on May 23rd. "X-Men: Apocalypse" will follow on May 27th, 2016.

Worst Previews wrote:Channing Tatum Confirms Talks to Play Gambit in "X-Men" Film

Channing Tatum has been talking about wanting to play Gambit in an "X-Men" movie for years. And just recently "X-Men" producer Lauren Shuler Donner revealed that she would love to make a Gambit film with Tatum.

Now, while promoting "22 Jump Street," Tatum confirmed that he met with Donner about playing the superhero. "I met with Lauren Shuler Donner. And I would love it. Gambit is really the only X-Man I've ever loved," he said. "I mean I've loved them all, they're all great, but I guess from being down south, I just related to him."

Tatum continued: "He's just kind of suave. He's the most un X-Men X-Man that's ever been in X-Men. Other than maybe Wolverine, who's like the anti-hero. He's a thief. He's not even a hero. He's kind of walking the line of grey. He loves women and drinking and smoking and stuff so he's just a cool guy who happens to have a moral center. I hope it [comes together]. You never know, it's a weird industry. If the stars align, I would die to play it. I'm already working on the accent. It's crappy at the moment."

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer already revealed that Gambit will appear in "X-Men: Apocalypse." Which is likely the movie Tatum and Donner are meeting about. Stay tuned.

Worst Previews wrote:"X-Men: Apocalypse" to Focus on Younger Cast, Patrick Stewart Says He May Still Return

While promoting "X-Men: Days of Future Past," writer Simon Kinberg was asked about the next installment in the "X-Men" franchise, called "X-Men: Apocalypse," which is already scheduled to hit theaters on May 27th, 2016.

"It really follows the 'X-Men: First Class' cast," Kinberg said about "Apocalypse." "Meaning it is a sequel that will feature [James] McAvoy, [Michael] Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nic Hoult and that cast. It is not a sequel that would necessarily feature Ian [McKellen], Patrick [Stewart], Halle [Berry] and the original cast. It would take place roughly between 'Days of Future Past' and when 'X-Men' first started."

Despite the fact that Kinberg said that the original cast will not return for "Apocalypse," Patrick Stewart feels that there's still a way for him to make an appearance. "I don't see why not," he explained. "That is one of the blessings about fantasy and science fiction. You're never really dead. I would love to come back and do some more."

It's not clear whether Stewart means that Professor X dies in "X-Men: Days of Future Past," but he's confident that he'll return for an "X-Men" film that's already being planned for after "Apocalypse" in 2018. "There might be something else," he said. "A little bird has whispered that there might be something 'X-Men' related."
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:08 pm
Worst Previews wrote:"X-Men: Apocalypse" and "The Wolverine 2" May Be Filmed Together

At this point, it has yet to be confirmed whether Hugh Jackman will return for either "X-Men: Apocalypse" or "The Wolverine 2." The actor has expressed interest in both projects, but is having a tough time constantly getting in shape. Because of that, he's hoping that the films can be shot back-to-back.

"I found out about ['X-Men: Days of Future Past'] a month before I finished 'The Wolverine,' so I was already planning on my cheat meals," he explained. "It's tough to get there, physically, but once you're there, it's easier to maintain it."

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" producer Lauren Schuler Donner also commented on the possibility of shooting the two films together. "We're trying," she said. "We're absolutely trying."

Meanwhile, Jackman also revealed that there's already a story for "The Wolverine 2," stating: "[Wolverine will be in a] completely different head space, world space, in every way somewhere different that you haven't seen him before."
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:51 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Simon Kinberg Compares "X-Men: Apocalypse" to Roland Emmerich's Disaster Films

While promoting "X-Men: Days of Future Past," writer Simon Kinberg spoke about the next "X-Men" film, called "X-Men: Apocalypse," which is set to hit theaters on May 27th, 2016.

While the filmmakers already know what kind of film they want to make, the main obstacle is figuring out how to handle Apocalypse. "The thing that we've spent the most time talking about is not just the visual execution of the character, which is its own challenge," he said. "[But] creating a character that's the most powerful I think of any mutant villain that we've seen in the 'X-Men' movies so far. More powerful than Magneto."

He continued: "But we've also been talking about how to give him a real emotional and philosophical underpinning. So he's not just somebody who's out there destroying the world because he can. What he's doing is – in his mind – justified and validated by a real compelling, coherent philosophy. He tries to convert people – maybe some of our most familiar characters – to come to his cause."

Regarding the scope and scale of the film... "We're talking about [it] like a disaster movie, extinction level event," Kinberg explained. "Sort of Roland Emmerich-style moviemaking, which you've never seen in an 'X-Men' movie, or any superhero movie, which I think is exciting."
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:59 pm
Worst Previews wrote:"X-Men: Apocalypse" to Bring Back Original Cast Members Again

We've been hearing that "X-Men: Apocalypse" will mainly focus on the "X-Men: First Class" team, but the way "X-Men: Days of Future Past" ended, it seems that characters from the original trilogy will return as well.

In a new interview, writer Simon Kinberg confirmed this. "It will focus primarily on the 'First Class' cast. But it will certainly have some of the original cast involved too," he said, adding that despite all the controversy, Bryan Singer will return to direct. "That's the plan."

Regarding Gambit appearing in a solo movie and "X-Men: Apocalypse," Kinberg said: "Gambit is still in-motion and being figured out. Channing [Tatum] made it known that it was a character that he loved and would love to play, and all the people who work on the 'X-Men' movies are huge fans of his, so the notion of him playing it is exciting. I'm more fascinated by anti-heroes, and Gambit is one of those. I don't know why he wasn't explored in the original 'X-Men' movies. Maybe the reason why was because they wanted to focus on Rogue/Bobby or the platonic Rogue/Wolverine relationship, and maybe there were too many similarities between Wolverine and Gambit, so in order to make it a Wolverine-centric franchise they had to cut him loose."

Makes sense. It's the 1980's now so if it's set later in the decade then we will start to see some of the original cast being re-introduced as the new X-Men. Most likely Jean, Storm and Cyclops.
Spoiler: show
And of course the continuing future (2023) scenes with Xavier talking to Wolverine about what he missed out on between 1973 and 2023. That would likely take place in the beginning of the film before flashing back to the 80's.
:ugeek:
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:43 pm
Worst Previews wrote:Photo: Bryan Singer Unveils First Page From "X-Men: Apocalypse" Treatment

Bryan Singer is working on "X-Men: Apocalypse," which is a sequel to "X-Men: Days of Future Past." And today, he revealed a portion of the first page of the treatment, which is written by Singer, Simon Kinberg, Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris.

While we don't see the whole page, it's clear that the opening scene takes place along the Nile River in Egypt and focuses on a large battle. The treatment also mentioned the Four Horsemen, who were seen in the post-credits scene of "X-Men: Days of Future Past" along with Apocalypse.

In the comics, Apocalypse enlists the aide of four handpicked mutants (Four Horsemen), often by force and brainwashing. He then enhances their powers and transforms them into super-soldiers to carry out his will.

Check out the page below and watch the film in theaters on May 27th, 2016.

Photo: (click to enlarge)
Bafta Winner
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:27 pm
Worst Previews wrote:James McAvoy Will Finally Be Bald in "X-Men: Apocalypse"

We've seen James McAvoy play Charles Xavier in "X-Men: First Class" and "X-Men: Days of Future Past." And while we've seen him in a wheelchair, he has yet to lose his hair and look more like Patrick Stewart, who plays an older version of Xavier.

But in a new interview with The Huffington Post, the actor revealed that he'll be bald in "X-Men: Apocalypse," the next installment in the franchise. "I'll be older in this one," said McAvoy. "[And] I think I'm losing my hair finally."

Little is known about "X-Men: Apocalypse," except that it will take place in the 1980s and focus mostly on the cast members from "X-Men: First Class." The new movie is set to hit theaters on May 27th, 2016.

Makes sense. It's the 1980's now so there's no choice but to make the "Fist Class" cast start to look like the original cast. The next X-Men film after this one will most likely be either the 90's or 2023 in Logan's point of view.

Otherwise it might get a bit weird:

Next

Return to Movies