Friday The 13th (2020) [Reboot #2]

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,270.80
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:58 pm
ilis wrote:That's a pity about the delay but at least it has not been canceled I guess. The video game sounds cool!

you spoke too soon. this has been given an axe to the face and hopefully just for now... cancelled!

with Paramounts disappointing box office on The Ring sequel 'Rings' they have taken Fri 13th off the schedule! not fair, Friday the 13th has a bigger fan base while probably not many people saw The Ring (2002) in the first place and wouldn't bother seeing this one.

and after many years since Paramount got the rights back for 5 years they have only just now got the ball rolling. a director has been chosen, script done and ready, they put it out there they are looking for young twins to play young Jason. not only that but they were gonna create a hockey mask close to Part 3's design. they were actually gonna start filming next month, and by the sounds of it, it was gonna be a reboot/prequel/sequel most likely set in the 80s. don't know what they are thinking, there's no way this would make less then Rings! they just need to make movies with smaller budgets these days, it can be done.

with October 13th not far away, perhaps Paramount got scared as they pushed back World War Z 2.

hopefully it's not axed altogether but pushed back to April next year, giving them more time to make it better.

http://moviehole.net/2017112636jasons-d ... -13th-redo
Cash on hand: 6,600.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:32 pm
:( I hope it still happens one day but it does not sound like there is much of a chance of that.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:51 pm
ilis wrote::( I hope it still happens one day but it does not sound like there is much of a chance of that.

instead of cancelling it altogether they should have pushed it back to April next year, was meant to come out in October this year. it would be too rushed.

Im sure they will make another Friday the 13th in the near future, just not the one we were meant to get by now.

but we are getting a new Halloween at least, so thats something.

rights go from Paramount back to Newline Cinema/Warner Bros next year, maybe they'll get one made.

I's love to see a Freddy vs Jason 2, but Robert Englund doesn't wanna play Freddy anymore.

would love to see a Jason vs somebody else.
Cash on hand: 6,600.00
Mood: Happy
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:47 pm
Bloody Disgusting read the script for what would have happened in the movie: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34247 ... th-reboot/

I hope when they do decided to do another they keep this script in mind because it sounds interesting!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:44 pm
just been confirmed for a release in November 2020, 40 years later.

hopefully its not another reboot but connected to the original series.

nothing else is known yet.
Previous

Return to Movies