Jay and Silent Bob 2

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 16,703.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:58 pm
nothing is final but might as well have the thread ready for the future/near future -

Kevin Smith’s Last Film Might Now Be Clerks III

In August, Kevin Smith said he was going to split his final film, Hit Somebody, into two movies. But it appears he couldn't stop splitting and the next thing he knew, he didn't have a movie anymore but a miniseries. This left a vacancy in his "final film" slot, until today, when he tweeted: "So with the HIT SOMEBODY shift, the minute Jeff Anderson signs on, my last cinematic effort as a writer/director will be CLERKS III. #TaDa" Ultimately, Smith's legacy is tied to the films inside that universe, so this sounds like a perfect last hoorah. Snooch to the nooch.

makes sense to end his film career on something he started with, loved the first two. although in a vid I saw he seemed 'over it' and said though he probably won't be quiting directing all together, just big budget cinema releases. he may direct TV pilots or something. but Clerks will be his last theatrical release, just like Clerks was his first.

if he's true to his word, this would be out in 2014 since its the 20th Anniversary for Clerks.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/12/kevin-sm ... l?mid=imdb
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:10 pm
this was originally gonna be filmed soon but has been postponed until after he films Mallrats 2.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:13 pm
now it seems Clerks 3 is no longer happening, one of the leads has gotten out of the project. Mallrats 2 is now a TV series being shopped around. but it also these things are due to the rights to Kevin a Smith films, even though they are his babies from Clerks to Dogma they are owned by someone else and he can't do sequels to them...

but no one else owns Jay and Silent Bob.

now it seems Kevin Smith has written a second Jay & Silent Bob movie and he's looking to film it this year!

I've always enjoyed 'Strikes Back' and always thought it deserved a sequel, it's a Miramax movie but he's told them his idea for it and they love it, the 2nd movie will be about someone rebooting the Bluntman and Chronic movie in Jay and Silent Bob Strike back which will give Jay and Silent Bob another reason to go back to Hollywood in the movie.

sounds like fun, it's gotta be better then the movies he's doing lately. I liked how Clerks 2 ended, it was fitting.

http://moviehole.net/2017112776jay-silent-bob-returning

ps this used to be a Clerks 3 thread, changed it since its Kevin Smith related anyway.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:10 pm
Kevin Smith has a YouTube channel and has made a vid talking about why we haven't got Clerks 2, Mallrats 2 and how Jay and Silent Bob 2 came to be. he plans ahead and some studios don't wanna make the movies or an actor doesn't want to do it.

I love Strike Back and the premise sounds funny, looking forward to it.

hopefully it actually does get made.

Return to Movies