Back To The Future 1-3

News updates and discussions on new releases and old faves. Also check out the database to find all your favourite movies!
Cecil B DeMille Life Time Achievement
Cash on hand: 17,448.30
Bank: 0.00
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:40 pm
25th Anniversary this month!!

how is there not a thread for this, looked back at the other pages and the old un-updated database and nothing.

this is a childhood favorite of mine, I seem to remember watching Part 2 more then the others and the 3rd over the 1st. plus channel Ten have always played 2 and 3 and Seven used to play part 1 but gave it to Ten a couple of years ago, I guess Seven could play all 3 now since they own Universal movies/shows. anyway, these movies are 80's classics. love everything is great about it - the music, cast, characters, 80's ness, one liners and so on. and who could forget the Delorean, what a great choice for the movies time machine!

I recently found out that Eric Stoltz was originally cast as Marty, and that they filmed with him for 5 weeks before deciding that he wasn't quite right for the role and re-cast him with Michael J Fox which was definately the better choice, don't think these movies would be the classics they are today without Michael as its his most famous role. check out some of Eric's filmed scenes here -

since is now the 25th Anniversary, they are releasing all 3 films on Blu-Ray. check out JB HI-FI's packaging -

Spoiler: show

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd- ... -ex/577393
Last edited by Cyborg on Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:43 pm
oh, Michael J Fox re-created the Original Teaser Trailer for the American 2010 Scream Awards -

Oscar Nominee
Cash on hand: 1,350.70
Bank: 629,402.00
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:58 pm
Looking forward to the release of the blu-ray version of the trilogy, i actually didn't collect the trilogy dvd at first. I thought it was too expensive when it first came out, waited (patiently) for a price drop.... once it came, i purchased it (the original black slip case packaging version).

Prior to that, it had been years since i watched part 2 or part 3.... and even more years since i last watched the original (always preferred the second, and it was my most watched). Much like Terminator 2, i saw it plenty of times throughout my youth.... to the point where i wound up not watching it for years. Anyhoo when i first got the trilogy dvd set, i fell in love with them again. To the point where, much like the Terminator franchise - the first movie became my favorite out of the movies. It seems odd, but i was very sad when
Spoiler: show
Marty returns to 1985, but Doc still gets shot
... even though i knew the happy outcome and had sat through the same scene many times when i was younger.

I even purchased the updated trilogy box set (in the blue packaging), that contained the 4th disc (contained the commentaries/chat tracks for part 2 & 3).

I also have the trilogy soundtrack cd's, and are a proud part of my soundtrack cd collection :D

I saw part 2 and part 3 during their original cinema run!

I read some time ago that they were putting the original (and i think 2 & 3) back in the cinema for a run to celebrate the anniversary. I'd totally go to a local screening, if such a thing occurred here.

One thing i don't actually have (surprising as i am a small collector) - is a Delorean replica. Not even a matchbox version (which i've seen in Toys R Us previously), i should get one at some stage.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:14 pm
wow, you sound like quite the fan.. even more then me. I never saw these at the movies :( but would if they re-released them in theatres. I had the 3 Disc set with the black artwork (slimline case) but when I heard a 4 Disc set was coming, I sold the 3 Disc to my older sister and got the 4 Disc set with Blue artwork. they actually released both sets in boxset and slimline case form, which for both times I had the slimline cases.

I own a Delorean replica but its kinda broken, but I'll be buying the Blu-Ray Delorian edition from JB.

that'll look great on display!!

Cash on hand: 17,131.40
Bank: 4,041.00
Mood: Tired
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:28 pm
Just got a Blu-Ray player a month or so ago, so I am DEFINATLY getting this set. I bought the original trilogy on DVD the day it came out, the original fold-out cardboard in a slipcase set. Never, ever had all three movies, even on tape, so that set has been worn down. Love that the disks for those sets had the original poster artwork on each disk, so its definatly a collectors set; looks like this new Blu-Ray set has new artwork. And I want that Delorion!!! Hanging out for it!
Cash on hand: 3,201.80
Mood: Cool
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:56 pm
In the UK they actually released the trilogy in the cinemas for a few weeks to celebrate the blu-ray release. I wish they would do that here!
Rocking with Bon Jovi: Perth Dec 8th // Sydney Dec 17th // Sydney Dec 19th
Game Show Host
Cash on hand: 207.50
Bank: 450.10
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:23 pm
I also got the trilogy on DVD, but I can't wait for this version.

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:31 pm
Cyborg wrote:
this is a childhood favorite of mine, I seem to remember watching Part 2 more then the others and the 3rd over the 1st.

Same here. I think the 2nd film is the best in the series.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:21 pm
son of a.....

well I went into JB to get the Delorian BR set last week and it wasn't there, fair enough. sold out maybe?

just now I go to the website and did a search, couldn't find it. clicked on the old link from here and it says -

Sorry, this product is not currently available for purchase.

what the F?!?

Cash on hand: 10,108.10
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:30 pm
Cyborg wrote:son of a.....

well I went into JB to get the Delorian BR set last week and it wasn't there, fair enough. sold out maybe?

just now I go to the website and did a search, couldn't find it. clicked on the old link from here and it says -

Sorry, this product is not currently available for purchase.

what the F?!?

On the EzyDVD website there are two different versions and one comes out December 15th. :shock:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/815047

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/816738

Both are 3 disc sets, the one that should be released is out of stock. I wonder if the release date has been pushed back. :?:
Next

Return to Movies